Quantcast
Abu Dhabi - FORMULA 1 2015

Forums - Sports Discussion - Abu Dhabi - FORMULA 1 2015

one week to go!
i really hope the field has closed up i want to see real close racing and no runaway team.



PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network
StokedUp said:
one week to go!
i really hope the field has closed up i want to see real close racing and no runaway team.


To be honest I feel that this will be the closest season for years.



I'm sorry since Sky is showing Formula 1; I won't be watching this season.

The best drivers do not always get to drive the cars anyway... the constructors will always go for the drivers who bring with them the most sponsorship / personal money... this means that a young driver who is better than an existing driver in a team (better at driving the same car with faster lap times) would not get to be that teams driver for the year as they would not bring in enough finance with them in the form of sponsorship / personal wealth.

Formula One has not been a sport that favors the best driver for a long time and those from underprivileged backgrounds will hardly ever get a break (unless sponsored and given a support grant)... money talks and so do I... by switching it off...



redrob71 said:

I'm sorry since Sky is showing Formula 1; I won't be watching this season.

The best drivers do not always get to drive the cars anyway... the constructors will always go for the drivers who bring with them the most sponsorship / personal money... this means that a young driver who is better than an existing driver in a team (better at driving the same car with faster lap times) would not get to be that teams driver for the year as they would not bring in enough finance with them in the form of sponsorship / personal wealth.

Formula One has not been a sport that favors the best driver for a long time and those from underprivileged backgrounds will hardly ever get a break (unless sponsored and given a support grant)... money talks and so do I... by switching it off...


The Sky F1 is surprisingly good, more in depth than the BBC's was (which I enjoyed a lot). In some cases that can be true, but really only for struggling teams.



  ZUV                
1ST Vettel                
2ND Hamilton                
3RD Webber                
Retiree                  

OK,seeing as my PC is made of cheese,i am doing this from a far away place and have put my predictions in for an example,if i can get to a pc after qualifying i will change it,i haven't put my retiree in as you cannot change your choice and i'll try and get it in later,

so put who you think will be on the podium and who will be first to retire,you cannot choose the same retiree as someone else has but you can have the same podium if you so wish,i will sort out the points system when i get my PC back,but it will be simple enough and you'll get points for being correct,having a place,good points for first retiree and half points if your car retirees,so alot of ways to score and keep things chugging along,

i will try and let you know from my PS3 to predict before the race but let people know from here if you can as its again in the butt on the PS3,

copy and paste the table and try and keep it neat and tidy please,you can predict up until the start of the race,no cheating,i will be taking notes,while my PC is in the shitter,good luck

 



                                                                                                                                        Above & Beyond

   

Around the Network

1st- Button
2nd- Vettel
3rd- Webber

Retired- Raikonnen, Glock (you never know!)

I don't see Vettel winning right off the bat. I just don't see it happening again. I also don't see Ferrari coming higher than 5th, with Lotus and Mercedes up there as well.



 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

ioi hasn't shown up here yet??



Rainbow Yoshi said:
redrob71 said:

I'm sorry since Sky is showing Formula 1; I won't be watching this season.

The best drivers do not always get to drive the cars anyway... the constructors will always go for the drivers who bring with them the most sponsorship / personal money... this means that a young driver who is better than an existing driver in a team (better at driving the same car with faster lap times) would not get to be that teams driver for the year as they would not bring in enough finance with them in the form of sponsorship / personal wealth.

Formula One has not been a sport that favors the best driver for a long time and those from underprivileged backgrounds will hardly ever get a break (unless sponsored and given a support grant)... money talks and so do I... by switching it off...


The Sky F1 is surprisingly good, more in depth than the BBC's was (which I enjoyed a lot). In some cases that can be true, but really only for struggling teams.

I didn't enjoy some of the coverage, actually. Didn't like the new host. 

But the only important thing is the race, and with commentry from Ted Kravitz and Martin Brundle, this is fine anyway!



 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

1st Lewis Hamilton
2nd Jenson Button
3rd Sebastian Vettel

Retiree Pedro de la Rosa

I believe that Force India and Lotus Renault will gain podiums after China.



Rainbow Yoshi said:
1st Lewis Hamilton
2nd Jenson Button
3rd Sebastian Vettel

Retiree Pedro de la Rosa

I believe that Force India and Lotus Renault will gain podiums after China.


I don't get why De La Rosa is back. It makes no sense when there are better, younger drivers looking for a break. I doubt he'll score more than 5 points.

 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.