Quantcast
Media Create Sales 1/30 ~ 2/5

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales 1/30 ~ 2/5

Carl2291 said:

I'm sure you'll remember. I'll expect the wallpost.

On them "planning" to launch in that FY. As I said before... I think they rushed it to counter the losses they expected along with at the time, stock prices dropping like a rock. It's the only real solution for why there was so little released between then and the Holiday Season for the machine. I don't think Nintendo were stupid enough to release a $250 handheld with very little worthwhile releasing for 9 Months on purpose, the losses/drops forced them to.

I still stick with my point that it wasn't the price that caused 3DS to drop, it was the lack of anything worthwhile releasing within launch and the Holidays. I'd also argue that the 3DS would have done just fine if the pricecut kept the machine above $199.99, just for the sake of arguing.

That certainly played a big part, that they wanted to get out a new hot product to counter falling stock prices. But there's of course also the fact that they wanted to give third parties more space to be successful on the system in order to avoid the usual situation of "only Nintendo games sell on Nintendo systems". This coupled with the assumption that these third party games in question would sustain an acceptable level of hardware sales until the holidays when Nintendo would release their own big guns, so there was no contingency plan in place.

If you just want to argue for the sake of arguing, then I am out. I can wait. Time makes more converts than reason, so once you see that the PSV can't become successful without a price cut, you'll be more willing to listen.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Carl2291 said:

I'm sure you'll remember. I'll expect the wallpost.

On them "planning" to launch in that FY. As I said before... I think they rushed it to counter the losses they expected along with at the time, stock prices dropping like a rock. It's the only real solution for why there was so little released between then and the Holiday Season for the machine. I don't think Nintendo were stupid enough to release a $250 handheld with very little worthwhile releasing for 9 Months on purpose, the losses/drops forced them to.

I still stick with my point that it wasn't the price that caused 3DS to drop, it was the lack of anything worthwhile releasing within launch and the Holidays. I'd also argue that the 3DS would have done just fine if the pricecut kept the machine above $199.99, just for the sake of arguing.

That certainly played a big part, that they wanted to get out a new hot product to counter falling stock prices. But there's of course also the fact that they wanted to give third parties more space to be successful on the system in order to avoid the usual situation of "only Nintendo games sell on Nintendo systems". This coupled with the assumption that these third party games in question would sustain an acceptable level of hardware sales until the holidays when Nintendo would release their own big guns, so there was no contingency plan in place.

If you just want to argue for the sake of arguing, then I am out. I can wait. Time makes more converts than reason, so once you see that the PSV can't become successful without a price cut, you'll be more willing to listen.

We are all stuck here.. The better is to wait till worldwide relase and some months... The compare first six months of 3DS with firs six months of Vita and problem solved.. Losers get trolled just that XD

 

And the thing of "Nintendo Consoles for Nintendo Games" is still true. algthough Monster Hunter and Re:rev. are doing well hat are most isolated case on highly popular and stablished franchises... and what keep third parties developers on DS was tha low budget needed to develop a game... at Minor risk more profit with less effort... and the same is what keep away Japansese developers from HD consoles almost all the generation..

 

I hope that that change soon.. so i can get a 3DS because i'm not very fond to Nintendo's first party games, except for Zelda...



 

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

RolStoppable said:
VGKing said:

It's common sense that portables and more expensive than non-portables.

For example, for $1000 you can get a high end laptop. For those same $1000 you can get a desktop PC that is MUCH better and will let you play the latest games for many more years than that laptop.

Um, yeah. The logical conclusion would be that a gamer buys the desktop, especially if the games library is equal. So the laptop loses out. You know what device the laptop in this analogy is.


There's plenty of gamers that maybe don't have the space for a high-end desktop or are just always on the move.

For that gamer, laptops are the only option.

Some people would love to have a PS3 but they know they wouldn't have time to play it much. Vita is a great alternative. 

Just because you game only on a portable it doesn't mean you're not a real gamer. In fact, you might be more of a gamer than the typical PS3 owner.



Vita is doing well, not too far behind the PS3. Curious to see how well it sells once Gravity Daze is out. Expecting it to go above 20k.

Also 3DS sure is selling like hotcakes as always. Hell it sells better in the smaller market of Japan than it does in Europe.



pezus said:
oni-link said:
I wonder if Sony is throwing in the towel with the PSV; as I have not seen any marketing besides TacoBell here in the States?


http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=139721


um...thanks pezus I was wondering what the heck they were doing!!!  Seriously, they should start the hype now as to build an audience beyond the Sony crowd.  I already see Gamestop and NewEgg cutting the 3DS price temporarily  to $150, now until after the Vita launch.  Could a Vita shortage be happening for them to do this? Sounds kinda' fishy as to give the 3DS an extra advantage to lure customers to the 3DS this close to the Vita launch.



Around the Network

RolStoppable said:

If you just want to argue for the sake of arguing, then I am out. I can wait. Time makes more converts than reason, so once you see that the PSV can't become successful without a price cut, you'll be more willing to listen.

You don't get what he's saying.

He means it's the big guns that count more than the price itself. Had Sony the bigs guns Nintendo has (Mario Kart, Mario, Wii Sports, Big Brain), and offered them as of launch throughout the launch year, there would be no need for a price cut on Vita.

The only problem is, since Sony doesn't have those big guns, you will most probably end up being right, but for the wrong reason.



oni-link said:
pezus said:
oni-link said:
I wonder if Sony is throwing in the towel with the PSV; as I have not seen any marketing besides TacoBell here in the States?


http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=139721


um...thanks pezus I was wondering what the heck they were doing!!!  Seriously, they should start the hype now as to build an audience beyond the Sony crowd.  I already see Gamestop and NewEgg cutting the 3DS price temporarily  to $150, now until after the Vita launch.  Could a Vita shortage be happening for them to do this? Sounds kinda' fishy as to give the 3DS an extra advantage to lure customers to the 3DS this close to the Vita launch.

If you want more info about the Vita, news, image, videos, etc go for the link on my Signature.. The Best PSvita thread of All the nET...



 

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

DemoniOtaku said:

BTW: almost frogto to say:

nice Sales for tragnarok, I was expecting less than 20k.. But it seems that the 24pts of the preorder cartz were more that whartt seemed... for a New Ip on a undersold new system did well with the Digital sell could do 50k on first week may be...

New IP? Is it really? What about these games:

[NDS] Ragnarok Online DS (GungHo Works) {2008.12.18} - 44.509 <58,30%>

[PSP] Ragnarok: Princess of Light and Darkness # (GungHo Online Entertainment) {2011.10.27} - 15.559




starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

smbu2000 said:
DemoniOtaku said:
 

BTW: almost frogto to say:

nice Sales for tragnarok, I was expecting less than 20k.. But it seems that the 24pts of the preorder cartz were more that whartt seemed... for a New Ip on a undersold new system did well with the Digital sell could do 50k on first week may be...

New IP? Is it really? What about these games:

[NDS] Ragnarok Online DS (GungHo Works) {2008.12.18} - 44.509 <58,30%>

[PSP] Ragnarok: Princess of Light and Darkness # (GungHo Online Entertainment) {2011.10.27} - 15.559


Don't forget the PC MMO!

There's also a manga and an anime series. So yeah, Ragnarok is quite well known.



smbu2000 said:
DemoniOtaku said:
 

BTW: almost frogto to say:

nice Sales for tragnarok, I was expecting less than 20k.. But it seems that the 24pts of the preorder cartz were more that whartt seemed... for a New Ip on a undersold new system did well with the Digital sell could do 50k on first week may be...

New IP? Is it really? What about these games:

[NDS] Ragnarok Online DS (GungHo Works) {2008.12.18} - 44.509 <58,30%>

[PSP] Ragnarok: Princess of Light and Darkness # (GungHo Online Entertainment) {2011.10.27} - 15.559

WOW!?

Really? I didnt know Ragnarok Odyssey is in the same universe as Ragnarok Online O___O

NOW I WANT THE GAME ZOMG! *_*

So that makes 7 PSVita games that I want now!



    

Basil's YouTube Channel