Quantcast
Skyrim killed my ps3!

Forums - Sony Discussion - Skyrim killed my ps3!

So, I have been patiently waiting until after my law school finals were done to buy Skyrim to not distract me.  I purchased the game last night for ps3, and I could not wait to devote hundreds of hours into this game.  After the patch was downloaded and I started my game, my plans were dealt a serious setback in hour two of play.  My ps3 just turned off during play, and now it displays the yellow light of death. 

I left it off for the night, hoping it would fix itself, but it still won't turn off.  I took out the hard drive cleaned all the dust out of the ps3, and it still won't turn on.  Has anyone else had this problem?  If you have, is there a way to fix my PS3, without spending $150-200 sending it to Sony?



Fact: Earthbound is the greatest game ever made

Around the Network

Poor fellow, Oblivion did the same to my first PS3. Of course, that was because my bro played it 12 hours a day when I let him borrow the system.

Seems like bad luck and I do not know if the yl of death is fixable as mine died with out it. Best of luck anyways.



No... don't blame skyrim! it was because you didn't play with your PS3 for a few weeks while you were taking your law school finals... like any woman: if you don't play with her pussy from time to time you are denied access forever..

I'm sorry for your loss..



 

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I agree this is just a stealth hate on skyrim thread. Shame on you and your deceitful lawyer tactics.



GOTY



ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network

I had the YLOD, its unfixable, you'll have to buy a new one.



NiKKoM said:
No... don't blame skyrim! it was because you didn't play with your PS3 for a few weeks while you were taking your law school finals... like any woman: if you don't play with her pussy from time to time you are denied access forever..

I'm sorry for your loss..

haha, but I was planning on devoting so much time to the ps3 this next month, I thought it would understand my lack of attention these past few weeks.  We've had a great relationship since 2006(my ps3 is a launch 60GB), I didn't think it would turn ugly this fast.  But seriously, I do need help, I really don't want to drop $250 on a new one, but I definitely don't want to wait 2 weeks to get it back from Sony, plus another $150-200.



Fact: Earthbound is the greatest game ever made

Pharaoh said:

So, I have been patiently waiting until after my law school finals were done to buy Skyrim to not distract me.  I purchased the game last night for ps3, and I could not wait to devote hundreds of hours into this game.  After the patch was downloaded and I started my game, my plans were dealt a serious setback in hour two of play.  My ps3 just turned off during play, and now it displays the yellow light of death. 

I left it off for the night, hoping it would fix itself, but it still won't turn off.  I took out the hard drive cleaned all the dust out of the ps3, and it still won't turn on.  Has anyone else had this problem?  If you have, is there a way to fix my PS3, without spending $150-200 sending it to Sony?

Just buy yourself a new PS3, so you can give Sony $300 instead of $150-200.



 

 

 

Pharaoh said:
NiKKoM said:
No... don't blame skyrim! it was because you didn't play with your PS3 for a few weeks while you were taking your law school finals... like any woman: if you don't play with her pussy from time to time you are denied access forever..

I'm sorry for your loss..

haha, but I was planning on devoting so much time to the ps3 this next month, I thought it would understand my lack of attention these past few weeks.  We've had a great relationship since 2006(my ps3 is a launch 60GB), I didn't think it would turn ugly this fast.  But seriously, I do need help, I really don't want to drop $250 on a new one, but I definitely don't want to wait 2 weeks to get it back from Sony, plus another $150-200.


Honestly speaking, your best bet is to buy a new one (look for a nice bundle or deal since it is christmas). I worry about my ps3 bricking as well, since it has backwards compatability. 



 

that is YLOD , not skyrim.

BUT in bathesda forums lots of people said the multiple crash´s and freezes kill the ps3 ( yes the slim model)