Quantcast
Skyrim wins 2011 VGA GOTY award and over a dozen more.

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Skyrim wins 2011 VGA GOTY award and over a dozen more.

What should have won GOTY?

Skyrim 134 41.74%
 
Uncharted 3 83 25.86%
 
Batman Arkham City 22 6.85%
 
Portal 2 14 4.36%
 
Skyward Sword 67 20.87%
 
Total:320

The fact that it won leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Bethesda can make the glitches games and no one will ever fault them for it. Looking forward to Fall Out 4 and the problems that will come with it.



Around the Network
Izo said:
The fact that it won leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Bethesda can make the glitches games and no one will ever fault them for it. Looking forward to Fall Out 4 and the problems that will come with it.

The fact they create a game that has some bugs and a few really bad ones for a handful of people and still win the hearts of many gamers is a testament to just how good that game is.



hype of the year award



Skyrim is a buggy mess but it's still worthy of the GOTY award. I have yet to play Zelda though, which I may or may not put on top of Skyrim.



Skyrim won GOTY, but does anyone know what other games won the other categories. I didn't watch it.



Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
Izo said:
The fact that it won leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Bethesda can make the glitches games and no one will ever fault them for it. Looking forward to Fall Out 4 and the problems that will come with it.

The fact they create a game that has some bugs and a few really bad ones for a handful of people and still win the hearts of many gamers is a testament to just how good that game is.


I'm sure the game is good but the hype that surrounds bethseda games is not good enough to have the same problems game after game. You know what they learn from this? "Look guys we won another game of the year even tho we never fix these damn glitches"  It doesn't deserve the auto win that it was always going to get.



Games are rated for how FUN they are - not how glitch-free they are :) I played Fallout 3 on the PC and the 360 and both had plenty of bugs - but it still was fun as hell.



 WII Code: 1732 3363 1704 6441

Izo said:
yo_john117 said:
Izo said:
The fact that it won leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Bethesda can make the glitches games and no one will ever fault them for it. Looking forward to Fall Out 4 and the problems that will come with it.

The fact they create a game that has some bugs and a few really bad ones for a handful of people and still win the hearts of many gamers is a testament to just how good that game is.


I'm sure the game is good but the hype that surrounds bethseda games is not good enough to have the same problems game after game. You know what they learn from this? "Look guys we won another game of the year even tho we never fix these damn glitches"  It doesn't deserve the auto win that it was always going to get.

Well for one they are trying to fix all problems, I've gotten a ton of updates for the game (even though I haven't encountered any annoying bugs let alone a game breaking one) 

It's not hype that wins them GOTY awards for their games, it's because they create such incredibly addicting, fun games that are far and beyond your average experience. Just ask the average person who's owned and played Skyrim...Most will say it's their GOTY (many even say it's their game of all time)



Now go out and enjoy PS3 gamers... oh wait

Can we give game of the year to games that aren't completely fucking broken?



ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

I say well deserved. Skyrim is simply amazing.