Quantcast
Global Up!! 19th November (Europe Up!)

Forums - Latest Charts - Global Up!! 19th November (Europe Up!)

When will we get back the weekly worldwide top sales, please? Don't care about USA, UK & Japan' single sales.



Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Reasonable said:
I guess this will be more relevant next week but it seems Nintendo has had at least a decent BF spike.

http://www.vg247.com/2011/11/28/nintendo-reveals-black-friday-sales-wii-moves-over-500000-units/#comments

I expect 360 to be above this and PS3 to be close to this but I guess the Wii can still shift HW/SW in decent numbers. Sounds like 3DS did very well too. I expect by the end of the holidays the early talk of "doomed" is going to start looking a little exaggerated.


You expect PS3 to get close to 500k for Black Friday alone and for it to get close to a 600k week in the USA.  I dont see PS3 sales increasing 90 - 100% on last year (last year PS3 also had GT5 in its 1st week).

I'm also not sure how much room there is for massive numbers across the board. 

Last year total sales for the 3 in the USA for the week were 1.45m

I'm assuming 600k for Wii, 750k for 360...

I think PS3 will be behind Wii around 450 K mark.  Unless I've misread recent charts PS3 is up YOY in US, no doubt due to price cut, and the early anecdotal evidence seems to be PS3 bundles sold well for BF, so I think it has a chance to be up YOY.  Of course this could be invalidated looking at it top down - i.e. total demand should be around X and 360/Wii have taken Y leaving PS3 only Z.

Very curious to see how it pans out.



Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

kowenicki said:
Reasonable said:
I guess this will be more relevant next week but it seems Nintendo has had at least a decent BF spike.

http://www.vg247.com/2011/11/28/nintendo-reveals-black-friday-sales-wii-moves-over-500000-units/#comments

I expect 360 to be above this and PS3 to be close to this but I guess the Wii can still shift HW/SW in decent numbers. Sounds like 3DS did very well too. I expect by the end of the holidays the early talk of "doomed" is going to start looking a little exaggerated.


You expect PS3 to get close to 500k for Black Friday alone and for it to get close to a 600k week in the USA.  I dont see PS3 sales increasing 90 - 100% on last year (last year PS3 also had GT5 in its 1st week).

I'm also not sure how much room there is for massive numbers across the board. 

Last year total sales for the 3 in the USA for the week were 1.45m

I'm assuming 600k for Wii, 750k for 360...

Preview suggests 600k+ for the 360 and 650k+ for the Wii. I don't think 360 will win the holiday sales in the US if this continues. Wii behaves exactly like Kinect - very low sales most weeks but when the holiday season comes around it explodes for some reason.



Im 80% sure i know how the charts are all going to look when it's all done, well at least i know what i want them to look like, but can someone create an example of what it might look like when they have completed the change.

Other then that i don't think this thread has really discussed the actual sales of anything, Also have not seen the rest of the sales for Uc3 this week but i'm not impressed as its hasn't sold as many as Uc2 did in its 2nd week and from what it looks like 3rd week as well. Saying that i'm expecting a boost for the game for black friday week.



.

If possible, I hope there are separate charts for Holland (I live in Holland and here is a SONY land), Nordic countries (Denmark, Sweden, Norway+Finland) and also Australia. These areas are covered by GFK and NPD, so VGC can have some hints from them to estimate the HW and SW. I think plus these countries, the sales figures will be more completed.

For other European countires, Middle East, other Asia countries and Latin Amercia, do we really need to know what the HW and SW there? Everybody knows it is difficult to track there and the estimation has a big margin of error. So I don't see any reason to have the "wrong" data for those regions in order to make up a World Wide HW and SW table.

Just my thoughts. I like the change of this site. Good work done by the team.



Around the Network

The old chartz is way better plzzzzzz bring it back



That was unexpected.



Above: still the best game of the year.

zhao3gold said:
If possible, I hope there are separate charts for Holland (I live in Holland and here is a SONY land), Nordic countries (Denmark, Sweden, Norway+Finland) and also Australia. These areas are covered by GFK and NPD, so VGC can have some hints from them to estimate the HW and SW. I think plus these countries, the sales figures will be more completed.

For other European countires, Middle East, other Asia countries and Latin Amercia, do we really need to know what the HW and SW there? Everybody knows it is difficult to track there and the estimation has a big margin of error. So I don't see any reason to have the "wrong" data for those regions in order to make up a World Wide HW and SW table.

Just my thoughts. I like the change of this site. Good work done by the team.

....so why do we need to know Holland HW/SW sales and not ones from the middle East,  Is this an  Holland>>>Middle East Geert Wilders mentality =p?



 

I think the "new look" charts have great potential but what I don't approve of is the timing of it.

During the busiest sales period of the year is not a good time to be implementing these "work in progress" changes that can take a while to cement. Starting this in January 2012 would have been much better.

Anyone here that work in PM may like to add their views.

Apart from that as long as the "accuracy" is still pretty much the same then I hope it works well.



Lostplanet22 said:
zhao3gold said:
If possible, I hope there are separate charts for Holland (I live in Holland and here is a SONY land), Nordic countries (Denmark, Sweden, Norway+Finland) and also Australia. These areas are covered by GFK and NPD, so VGC can have some hints from them to estimate the HW and SW. I think plus these countries, the sales figures will be more completed.

For other European countires, Middle East, other Asia countries and Latin Amercia, do we really need to know what the HW and SW there? Everybody knows it is difficult to track there and the estimation has a big margin of error. So I don't see any reason to have the "wrong" data for those regions in order to make up a World Wide HW and SW table.

Just my thoughts. I like the change of this site. Good work done by the team.

....so why do we need to know Holland HW/SW sales and not ones from the middle East,  Is this an  Holland>>>Middle East Geert Wilders mentality =p?

I expect to have Dutch chart not only because I live in this country, but also it is covered by GFK. I konw Dutch market is quite smaller comparing other bigger western European countries. If it is not possible to have Dutch chart, fine with me. But I really suggest making separate Nordic charts and Austrilia chart because Nordic region is covered by GFK and AUS is covered by NPD. I think it will be easy for VGC to make the extrapolation.

For other regions, I don't think it is necessary because it is hard to track for VGC and the sales figures have big margin of error. I understand people expect to have WW sales figures, but if the figures for others are far away from accuracy, what is the point to add them into the WW figures? Only for making up?

No offend to the countries in the "others" group. And I admit that Wilders is a nut.