Quantcast
Super Mario Land 3D

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Land 3D

Well it's easy till the end of World 7 I guess? Starting from World 8 all the way to Special 1 to Special 8 it's a good mix of easy and hard levels IMO.

And I always turn on my 3D no matter the game (damn you Devil Survivor Overclocked), but the 3D effects from SM3DL takes the cake. It's just amazing, not gimmicky at all. That's probably the standard Ninty wants to make. 3D for a purpose.

Plus it's a perfect mix of 2D and 3D elements of a Mario game.

Playing this game tempted me to go grab a new Wii and play SM Galaxy I & II, but well I'm cash strapped after I spent too much this year. (Half of my 5-year-old arsenal of games were bought this year)

That being said, SM3DL packs a "Wow" factor, but there still seems to be something missing. It lacks the "WOW" factor. It's full of O.O moments but it still lacks a proper jaw-dropping moment.

But it's still a pretty darn fine game. Well at least I feel that the wait for this after being an early 3DS adopter was worth it.

NOW GET ME ANOTHER POKEMON GAME FOR THE 3DS.



Around the Network
nintendo_fanboy said:
Rol, how do you like the game as a strong supporter of 2D Mario?

Nintendo's bad intentions with this game (wanting to replace 2D Mario) prevent from liking it as much as I would have otherwise.

Aside from the stupid purple boxes on the map screen, another gripe is the rather low amount of levels. Only around 50, plus another 50 that are variations of those. It's quite a cheap way to stretch the length of the game, but apparently Nintendo is running out of money. Hence why this game comes without an instruction booklet.

But everything else is cool to great. Okay, Luigi doesn't control well, but I can't really fault the game for this, because that's how Luigi is.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:
nintendo_fanboy said:
Rol, how do you like the game as a strong supporter of 2D Mario?

Nintendo's bad intentions with this game (wanting to replace 2D Mario) prevent from liking it as much as I would have otherwise.

Aside from the stupid purple boxes on the map screen, another gripe is the rather low amount of levels. Only around 50, plus another 50 that are variations of those. It's quite a cheap way to stretch the length of the game, but apparently Nintendo is running out of money. Hence why this game comes without an instruction booklet.

But everything else is cool to great. Okay, Luigi doesn't control well, but I can't really fault the game for this, because that's how Luigi is.

Huh, i prefer Luigi, but then again i always have. I've always been willing to sacrifice tight controls (and more power) for a higher jump, dating back to Super Mario Advance.

The only time i didn't prefer Luigi completely was Mario 64 DS, where i split him with Wario



Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

dividePower said:

And I always turn on my 3D no matter the game (damn you Devil Survivor Overclocked), but the 3D effects from SM3DL takes the cake. It's just amazing, not gimmicky at all. That's probably the standard Ninty wants to make. 3D for a purpose.

Playing this game tempted me to go grab a new Wii and play SM Galaxy I & II, but well I'm cash strapped after I spent too much this year. (Half of my 5-year-old arsenal of games were bought this year)


Well you need to play the Galaxys immediately. In some ways SS and SM3DL are a perfect match because both games use artstyle and level design to compliment and enhance each other, and this is exactly what the Galaxy games did. Just as Galaxy took inspiration from MC Escher's 3D illusion etchings and artwork to enhance gameplay, so to does 3DLand. And SS's impressionist artstyle, while not particularly influential on gameplay (so far), is clearly influential on your experience of the world as you play it.

Id imagine that Kirbys Epic Yarn plays in a similar fashion, whereby artstyle decisions have influenced gameplay in a unique and fresh way.



“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I got five sparkling stars on my save file and I've collected 315 star coins. I guess that's all of them. The game also tells me that I lost 121 lives.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
I got five sparkling stars on my save file and I've collected 315 star coins. I guess that's all of them. The game also tells me that I lost 121 lives.

I've only got two sparkling stars, and have hit the wall at Special 8, since i've only been collecting just as many star coins as i need to advance in any one situation

Damn you giant shadow clone Mario...



Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I still need to get this game.



one of the best mario games I've played!!! perfect mis of your standard 2d mario and open world mario, the last bit with bowser was awesome!!!



Looks fantastic. Will be the first game I buy when I get a 3DS.



This game is fantastic! I'm surprised! I really didn't expect it to be this fun! I just got it today and I'm in world 2, I can't stop playing :)



YNWA