Quantcast
Super Mario Land 3D

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Land 3D

Looks like I unlocked the final superspecial stage, but I quit, because I was too tired to be able to put up with this level of challenge. From how far I got, I would say it's quite similar to Super Mario Galaxy 2's final galaxy in terms of difficulty. Then again, you can play the level with two Tanooki Suits, so it should be notably easier despite there (probably) being no checkpoints at all.

The one thing I don't like about this game are the purple boxes on the map screen. They are random and only replenish once a day or so. I am not sure how many star coins there are in this game and this is kinda annoying, just like being dependent on random chance.

The extra life count is insane in this game. Crazy enough that they added a third digit, but once you hit 1,000 extra lives, you get a crown on the first digit. Now I wonder if the count goes beyond crown99.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network

The first 8 levels are kind of easy, but to go back and get all the star coins is a little tougher. Tougher still, and in my opinion pretty challenging are the special worlds. I was surprised to find that there are as many special worlds as there are main levels. Getting the 3 star coins on the special worlds turns out to be quite a challenge on some of them. Great game! Not sure if it is my favorite mario game, but definitely up there.



I find the toughest stages so far were the Special World retreads of that one stage where the red, blue, and yellow blocks flicker in and out. The one where each one appeared one at a time, and the one where the Cosmic Clone (or whatever the hell it's called in this game) chases you were two of the toughest times i've had thus far



Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

The camera is bad or something, doesn't rotate?



           

blkfish92 said:
The camera is bad or something, doesn't rotate?

You can only pan slightly, so that you can get a glimpse of what is ahead or behind.



Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
blkfish92 said:
The camera is bad or something, doesn't rotate?

You can only pan slightly, so that you can get a glimpse of what is ahead or behind.


Hm, doesn't sound too bad although it may get in the way of some things.



           

blkfish92 said:
Mr Khan said:
blkfish92 said:
The camera is bad or something, doesn't rotate?

You can only pan slightly, so that you can get a glimpse of what is ahead or behind.


Hm, doesn't sound too bad although it may get in the way of some things.


it isnt that bad. Only reason I am a little dissapointed because it would be nice to pan around fully to make it slightly easier finding the star coins , as time for me is a big issue so do not want to replay a level too many times looking. Some are relatively well hidden, so would begoo if it panned so I could go back in the level looking for missed one.

saying that, now that I am more in the game overall the impressions are very good and still fun to play. If i had more spare time on my hand this would be a non issue for me as I would enjoy running around the levels several times..



 

 

I love it. I think it's fun, more so than the Galaxy games and I think it does an excellent job of fusing the elements of 2D and 3D Mario together. The music is ace, the level design is excellent and the graphics and art style are brilliant. My only critique's would be that the normal worlds are a bit too easy, that the challenge/activity boxes (can't remember they're name) repeat too often and I suppose if I was being harsh I could say that one or two of the Star Medals in the special world seem to be a bit too frustrating to get at. I'd still say it's a 9/10 though. One of the best, if not the best, handheld mario game ever.



Rol, how do you like the game as a strong supporter of 2D Mario?



Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Cobretti2 said:
blkfish92 said:
Mr Khan said:
blkfish92 said:
The camera is bad or something, doesn't rotate?

You can only pan slightly, so that you can get a glimpse of what is ahead or behind.


Hm, doesn't sound too bad although it may get in the way of some things.


it isnt that bad. Only reason I am a little dissapointed because it would be nice to pan around fully to make it slightly easier finding the star coins , as time for me is a big issue so do not want to replay a level too many times looking. Some are relatively well hidden, so would begoo if it panned so I could go back in the level looking for missed one.

saying that, now that I am more in the game overall the impressions are very good and still fun to play. If i had more spare time on my hand this would be a non issue for me as I would enjoy running around the levels several times..


I see can be annoying apparently, but if I had a 3ds I'd definitely get it, seems like a great good 'ol Mario platformer!