Quantcast
How far are you in Skyward Sword?

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How far are you in Skyward Sword?

Tagged games:

How Far Are You?

I am in the Intro 31 15.42%
 
I just beat the 1st dungeon 27 13.43%
 
I am like in the middle 26 12.94%
 
I am not that far from being finished 22 10.95%
 
I am done 50 24.88%
 
I have no idea how far I am 23 11.44%
 
Neutral 22 10.95%
 
Total:201
lestatdark said:
KylieDog said:
I'm still nowhere near finishing it and find myself with zero desire to play it. I get tired of recalibrating controller every 30 seconds.

ROFL, either you have a faulty wiimote+, or you're not calibrating it correctly (on a completely flat surface). 

I played my entire first run on the game (45+ hours) and I only had to calibrate it every time I started the game (again on a completely flat surface). The wiimote+ performed well enough to not have any trouble on the trickier mini-games such as Fun Fun Island.

Either way, it's not an issue with the game per se.


There is nothing wrong with my wiimote, I loaned the game to a friend who gave it back shortly after because of same problems and plenty people online have the same issues.  I do not believe you.



________________________________________________________________

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
lestatdark said:
KylieDog said:
I'm still nowhere near finishing it and find myself with zero desire to play it. I get tired of recalibrating controller every 30 seconds.

ROFL, either you have a faulty wiimote+, or you're not calibrating it correctly (on a completely flat surface). 

I played my entire first run on the game (45+ hours) and I only had to calibrate it every time I started the game (again on a completely flat surface). The wiimote+ performed well enough to not have any trouble on the trickier mini-games such as Fun Fun Island.

Either way, it's not an issue with the game per se.


There is nothing wrong with my wiimote, I loaned the game to a friend who gave it back shortly after because of same problems and plenty people online have the same issues.  I do not believe you.

You're free to believe whatever you want to believe I also don't believe that you have to recalibrate every 30 seconds (or any amount of time close to that), because I don't believe anyone can be that shitty at calibrating the Wiimote+ (considering there's nothing wrong with the device per se).

I've seen those kind of problems before (they're all over gamefaqs and youtube, then again, there only seem to be complainers over there) and everytime someone points to the fact of bad calibration, it usually solves the problem. It falls in line with the people complaining that they look ridiculous playing SS because they're doing absurd motions for playing it, when you can play it comfortably by doing precise and quick motions. 





Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I kno how to calibrate just fine, it is not rocket science. I can only assume you played with the calibration being out of whack for extended periods and failed to notice or just thought that was how it was meant to be.



________________________________________________________________

KylieDog said:
I kno how to calibrate just fine, it is not rocket science. I can only assume you played with the calibration being out of whack for extended periods and failed to notice or just thought that was how it was meant to be.

Of course, that must have been it. That's why I controlled the Beetle perfectly, could fly perfectly, did the fun fun island minigame where you have to sky dive perfectly and many other precise things without a hitch. 

Damn controller being out of calibration and still not giving me any issue  



Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
KylieDog said:
I kno how to calibrate just fine, it is not rocket science. I can only assume you played with the calibration being out of whack for extended periods and failed to notice or just thought that was how it was meant to be.

Of course, that must have been it. That's why I controlled the Beetle perfectly, could fly perfectly, did the fun fun island minigame where you have to sky dive perfectly and many other precise things without a hitch. 

Damn controller being out of calibration and still not giving me any issue  


You realise that is all possible with bad calibration right?  The controller still works and lets you do all you can before it just is not matched up well like it is meant to be.



________________________________________________________________

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
lestatdark said:
KylieDog said:
I kno how to calibrate just fine, it is not rocket science. I can only assume you played with the calibration being out of whack for extended periods and failed to notice or just thought that was how it was meant to be.

Of course, that must have been it. That's why I controlled the Beetle perfectly, could fly perfectly, did the fun fun island minigame where you have to sky dive perfectly and many other precise things without a hitch. 

Damn controller being out of calibration and still not giving me any issue  


You realise that is all possible with bad calibration right?  The controller still works and lets you do all you can before it just is not matched up well like it is meant to be.

Bad calibration throws your actions out of loop. Minute actions like turning left or right with the beetle become screwy and twitchy and either you turn too harshly or can't go in a straight path.

A pretty easy way to detect if you have bad calibration is to go to the map and see how the pointer reacts to your moves: 
 - If it's smooth and doesn't twitch around when you move it, it's well calibrated.
 - If it's all over the place and it get's hard to point it at a specific place, then the calibration has gone to shit. 

So, seeing that I rarely experienced the aformentioned situation in the grand majority of my playtime, I know I didn't have calibration issues.



Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
KylieDog said:
lestatdark said:
KylieDog said:
I kno how to calibrate just fine, it is not rocket science. I can only assume you played with the calibration being out of whack for extended periods and failed to notice or just thought that was how it was meant to be.

Of course, that must have been it. That's why I controlled the Beetle perfectly, could fly perfectly, did the fun fun island minigame where you have to sky dive perfectly and many other precise things without a hitch. 

Damn controller being out of calibration and still not giving me any issue  


You realise that is all possible with bad calibration right?  The controller still works and lets you do all you can before it just is not matched up well like it is meant to be.

Bad calibration throws your actions out of loop. Minute actions like turning left or right with the beetle become screwy and twitchy and either you turn too harshly or can't go in a straight path.

A pretty easy way to detect if you have bad calibration is to go to the map and see how the pointer reacts to your moves: 
 - If it's smooth and doesn't twitch around when you move it, it's well calibrated.
 - If it's all over the place and it get's hard to point it at a specific place, then the calibration has gone to shit. 

So, seeing that I rarely experienced the aformentioned situation in the grand majority of my playtime, I know I didn't have calibration issues.


I now see you don't know what bad calibration is and must be confusing it with signal interferance, even badly calibrated the pointer should never 'twitch'.



________________________________________________________________

I am still waiting to calibrate my controller. Very strange that this is a problem for some. Probably the reason gamespot gave it such a mediocre score.



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

KylieDog said:
lestatdark said:
KylieDog said:
lestatdark said:
KylieDog said:
I kno how to calibrate just fine, it is not rocket science. I can only assume you played with the calibration being out of whack for extended periods and failed to notice or just thought that was how it was meant to be.

Of course, that must have been it. That's why I controlled the Beetle perfectly, could fly perfectly, did the fun fun island minigame where you have to sky dive perfectly and many other precise things without a hitch. 

Damn controller being out of calibration and still not giving me any issue  


You realise that is all possible with bad calibration right?  The controller still works and lets you do all you can before it just is not matched up well like it is meant to be.

Bad calibration throws your actions out of loop. Minute actions like turning left or right with the beetle become screwy and twitchy and either you turn too harshly or can't go in a straight path.

A pretty easy way to detect if you have bad calibration is to go to the map and see how the pointer reacts to your moves: 
 - If it's smooth and doesn't twitch around when you move it, it's well calibrated.
 - If it's all over the place and it get's hard to point it at a specific place, then the calibration has gone to shit. 

So, seeing that I rarely experienced the aformentioned situation in the grand majority of my playtime, I know I didn't have calibration issues.


I now see you don't know what bad calibration is and must be confusing it with signal interferance, even badly calibrated the pointer should never 'twitch'.

It's hard to get signal interferance when there's nothing near it that could cause it. I played it on my bedroom at my parents house which has an old Mitsai tv and nothing else, so that goes out the window. And since the wiimote+ doesn't use the IR bar for the movements, interference is much less of an issue on SS than in other Wii games.

By twitch I meant that even the slight movement of your hand would create a fast movement of the pointer on screen to the point that there's no possibility of fluid motions. As I said, not only is that easily visible on the map screen, using items like the beetles is also a good way to test the calibration, since with bad calibration it becomes increasingly hard to control it straight and any motion will throw it around. 

Then again, this discussion is going in circles. I don't believe you, you don't believe me, so why are we bothering? It's not like this will change the very smooth experience that I had with the game



Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

For those situations, Nintendo should have implemented other controllers like SSBB. Geez, this game sometimes seems rushed.For WMP issues, I suggest the implemented WMP remote (old remote + wmp is mostly shitty) and to look if something in your room could affect the sensor bar, because normally you only have to caliber once.



Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com