Quantcast
WW UP 12th of November

Forums - Latest Charts - WW UP 12th of November

Slimebeast said:
Happy for Skyrim's sales obviously (my original optimistic prediction was 2 million first week).

X360 surprisingly good sales. I don't understand how it can outsell the PS3.

Fablle 3 selling almost 100K, please tell me that's because of bundles.

Yeah Fable is in the X360 holiday bundle.



 

Around the Network

This past week and next week will most likely be the maximum (I believe) sales difference between the xbox360 and the PS3 (and Wii for that matter). Most of the smarter buyers are postponing their console purchases until black Friday and beyond. There you will have a ps3 with an average selling price of $199 and a Wii with an average selling price of $99. And with major retailers not matching black Friday ads (Walmart), it'll be kinda stupid to buy now and try to return later for a bf price. The 360 will have numerous deals but the two consoles will siphon away sales.

I still tend to believe that a good chunk of x360 sales are coming via promotional sales. Many radio stations in my market (DC metro) are giving the x360 kinect bundles are call in prizes, wouldn't surprise me if its a nation wide trend since most radio stations are owned by a total of 5 companies.



Train wreck,

2 things. U really think VGChartz is getting information from radio stations?

Only 2 retailers have Wii deals for $99. Wii is the least promoted console this black friday.360is easily the most promoted. Just look at the holididay deals tracker thread.



Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

goforgold said:
sega4life said:
Said it before and again:

Xbox 360 + No Price Cut + Six Years Old + Half a Million Sales + Before Black Friday = AMAZING!

you know I've never understood this "no price cut" stuff

when the ps3 outsold the 360 being  $100-200 more, that's a impressive sales considering the price difference

but the 360 is currently one of, if not the least expensive console on the market and have been so since 2008, and has been at the mass market price point longer than any console this gen, ps3 JUST went below 300 dollars and it still isn't 199, but the 360 has been there since 08 and that's was *counts on fingers* 3 years ago (when the cheapest ps3 was $400)

but there are people who use theri brain sometimes like me who don't think like "oh the console costs $100 less it's so much cheaper". they think like "hmm okay it costs $100 less but what will i have to pay for the next years" because i don't care only about the price of the first buy. and then i calculate it with xbox live for example. and then the 360 isn't cheaper not to talk about the blu-ray player of the ps3 which is great because you know most people have a hd tv nowadays but most still don't have a hd player.

just saying... i know not many think like that but the people who think like me know the 360 isn't cheaper and if they wish to play cheap they don't think "ohh 360 above all". and yes i know not everybody will pay for xbox live but there are people wh will and calculate like me.



crissindahouse said:
goforgold said:
sega4life said:
Said it before and again:

Xbox 360 + No Price Cut + Six Years Old + Half a Million Sales + Before Black Friday = AMAZING!

you know I've never understood this "no price cut" stuff

when the ps3 outsold the 360 being  $100-200 more, that's a impressive sales considering the price difference

but the 360 is currently one of, if not the least expensive console on the market and have been so since 2008, and has been at the mass market price point longer than any console this gen, ps3 JUST went below 300 dollars and it still isn't 199, but the 360 has been there since 08 and that's was *counts on fingers* 3 years ago (when the cheapest ps3 was $400)

but there are people who use theri brain sometimes like me who don't think like "oh the console costs $100 less it's so much cheaper". they think like "hmm okay it costs $100 less but what will i have to pay for the next years" because i don't care only about the price of the first buy. and then i calculate it with xbox live for example. and then the 360 isn't cheaper not to talk about the blu-ray player of the ps3 which is great because you know most people have a hd tv nowadays but most still don't have a hd player.

just saying... i know not many think like that but the people who think like me know the 360 isn't cheaper and if they wish to play cheap they don't think "ohh 360 above all". and yes i know not everybody will pay for xbox live but there are people wh will and calculate like me.

o...k



Around the Network
goforgold said:
crissindahouse said:
goforgold said:
sega4life said:
Said it before and again:

Xbox 360 + No Price Cut + Six Years Old + Half a Million Sales + Before Black Friday = AMAZING!

you know I've never understood this "no price cut" stuff

when the ps3 outsold the 360 being  $100-200 more, that's a impressive sales considering the price difference

but the 360 is currently one of, if not the least expensive console on the market and have been so since 2008, and has been at the mass market price point longer than any console this gen, ps3 JUST went below 300 dollars and it still isn't 199, but the 360 has been there since 08 and that's was *counts on fingers* 3 years ago (when the cheapest ps3 was $400)

but there are people who use theri brain sometimes like me who don't think like "oh the console costs $100 less it's so much cheaper". they think like "hmm okay it costs $100 less but what will i have to pay for the next years" because i don't care only about the price of the first buy. and then i calculate it with xbox live for example. and then the 360 isn't cheaper not to talk about the blu-ray player of the ps3 which is great because you know most people have a hd tv nowadays but most still don't have a hd player.

just saying... i know not many think like that but the people who think like me know the 360 isn't cheaper and if they wish to play cheap they don't think "ohh 360 above all". and yes i know not everybody will pay for xbox live but there are people wh will and calculate like me.

 

o...k

The original post said nothing about PS3. So yes, No price cut for the 360 in 3 years yet 500k before BF is pretty fucking amazing, so yeah, get over it.



 

I have no idea why we argue over these numbers when I am 100% sure they will be different a month or two from now. Congrats to the 360 though, huge deals leads to huge sales.



 Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Seece said:
goforgold said:
crissindahouse said:
goforgold said:
sega4life said:
Said it before and again:

Xbox 360 + No Price Cut + Six Years Old + Half a Million Sales + Before Black Friday = AMAZING!

you know I've never understood this "no price cut" stuff

when the ps3 outsold the 360 being  $100-200 more, that's a impressive sales considering the price difference

but the 360 is currently one of, if not the least expensive console on the market and have been so since 2008, and has been at the mass market price point longer than any console this gen, ps3 JUST went below 300 dollars and it still isn't 199, but the 360 has been there since 08 and that's was *counts on fingers* 3 years ago (when the cheapest ps3 was $400)

but there are people who use theri brain sometimes like me who don't think like "oh the console costs $100 less it's so much cheaper". they think like "hmm okay it costs $100 less but what will i have to pay for the next years" because i don't care only about the price of the first buy. and then i calculate it with xbox live for example. and then the 360 isn't cheaper not to talk about the blu-ray player of the ps3 which is great because you know most people have a hd tv nowadays but most still don't have a hd player.

just saying... i know not many think like that but the people who think like me know the 360 isn't cheaper and if they wish to play cheap they don't think "ohh 360 above all". and yes i know not everybody will pay for xbox live but there are people wh will and calculate like me.

 

o...k

The original post said nothing about PS3. So yes, No price cut for the 360 in 3 years yet 500k before BF is pretty fucking amazing, so yeah, get over it.

It's CHEAP!! one of the cheapest consoles on the market and have been so for 3 years, price cuts are meaningful to expensive consoles, that shit aint rocket science

any console that cost $199 and still NEEDS  to cut it's price in order put up high sales (in the holidays no less) is a FUCKING....FAILIURE

 



amaral_slb said:

So let me see if I understand correctly, PS3 is up 10k, and the 360 is down 18k YOY, and the comments we see is "360 will dominate the Holidays", hahahhaha.

Every time since the price drop, we see PS3 dominate, and all of a sudden, the "reality checkers" (as they like to call themselves) come in and say, that it doesn´t matter because it is down/flat YOY. Now all of sudden YOY don´t mean nothing for a console that is out for so long as the 360, and it actually means it will dominate.

On topic: Those are some huge numbers for the 360 as expected. People acting like they are huge unexpected numbers need to stop with the agendas. Just say it like it is, they are huge, but they are expected, based on all kinds of promotions, but most importantly, based on how huge the software releases were and how they preference the 360

Those are some good numbers for the PS3, expected, maybe people were expecting bigger ups for both the releases of U3 and MW3, but, people have to realise that for one, the U3 bundle will have the same effect the price drop had, it is not huge first week, but over time, it will be a very noticeable increase. And MW3 should have a bigger FW impact, but, fact of the matter is, from what I can tell, there is no MW3 bundled with PS3, and the people that want to play it, already have one most probably. You can´t compare it to the 360 jump, simply because there is a custom made console for it and all the advertisement is on the 360 version, so evidently, the rise will be bigger, as they have been, I mean look at last year....

Wii, disappointing, for the simple fact that being that cheap, I thought consumers would jump into that quickly, even without a lot of software, they are rising, but not as quick. I still think they can take December.

3ds just waiting to explode

Ds still in there strong

PSP just surviving and making Sony money

PS2 just a monster 50k in it´s 6969696969696969th week on the market

Next coming weeks...... HUGE


Dude, STOP WITH THE COMMAS.

There's no need for so many damn commas!



Americas sure love that 360. Amazing sells for the 360, I have to admit. The PS3 held it's ground on EMEAA and Japan however. Once the MW bump dies down a bit for both, then things will get interesting. I can't wait for the next few weeks with Zelda coming out as well. My guess this early for the holidays is 3DS>PS3/360>Wii. It's too early to say who will win between 360 and PS3



"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian