Quantcast
Wii U vs PS4 vs Xbox One FULL SPECS (January 24, 2014)

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U vs PS4 vs Xbox One FULL SPECS (January 24, 2014)

DanneSandin said:
Quick question... DO we know how much of that 8 gb RAM that will actually go into the games? Wii U have 2gb RAM, but only 1gb is used for the games... Considering all the features Sony has implemented into the PS4 (playing games while downloading, sharing videos etc) I think it's safe to say that games won't use the whole RAM...


1GB, 2 at most I think - PS3 OS takes only 50MB.

EDIT: Oh, sorry, I answered backwards - so that would be 6-7GB



Around the Network

So...how much do we think the PS4 will cost us (if it's not sold at a loss)? $500 minimum?



 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

HoloDust said:
DanneSandin said:
Quick question... DO we know how much of that 8 gb RAM that will actually go into the games? Wii U have 2gb RAM, but only 1gb is used for the games... Considering all the features Sony has implemented into the PS4 (playing games while downloading, sharing videos etc) I think it's safe to say that games won't use the whole RAM...


1GB, 2 at most I think - PS3 OS takes only 50MB.

EDIT: Oh, sorry, I answered backwards - so that would be 6-7GB

Do you really think that 1gb will be able to run the OS AND download games and all that? Like I said, Wii U uses 1gb for the OS, and it doesn't nearly do as much as what the PS4 will be able to...



I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Well if you believe the British price point of 300 Pounds, that converts to about $450US. So could be between $450 and $500, perhaps $550 with bundle premium of some kind.



"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

DanneSandin said:
HoloDust said:
DanneSandin said:
Quick question... DO we know how much of that 8 gb RAM that will actually go into the games? Wii U have 2gb RAM, but only 1gb is used for the games... Considering all the features Sony has implemented into the PS4 (playing games while downloading, sharing videos etc) I think it's safe to say that games won't use the whole RAM...


1GB, 2 at most I think - PS3 OS takes only 50MB.

EDIT: Oh, sorry, I answered backwards - so that would be 6-7GB

Do you really think that 1gb will be able to run the OS AND download games and all that? Like I said, Wii U uses 1gb for the OS, and it doesn't nearly do as much as what the PS4 will be able to...

Yes I do, maybe not from the get go. Even Win 8 uses under 1GB. Can't (or won't) comment of WiiU's OS footprint. ;)



Around the Network

ok thanks :)



I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:

Do you really think that 1gb will be able to run the OS AND download games and all that? Like I said, Wii U uses 1gb for the OS, and it doesn't nearly do as much as what the PS4 will be able to...

Yeah... the WinXP uses way less RAM than 1GB and do everything... the PS4 OS is to be way more optmized than WinXP... I think the PS3 OS will end using less than 2GB... 1GB is my bet.

The Wii U uses 1GB because the buffer to stream everything to the Pad... not the OS itself.



ethomaz said:

DanneSandin said:

Do you really think that 1gb will be able to run the OS AND download games and all that? Like I said, Wii U uses 1gb for the OS, and it doesn't nearly do as much as what the PS4 will be able to...

Yeah... the WinXP uses way less RAM than 1GB and do everything... the PS4 OS is to be way more optmized than WinXP... I think the PS3 OS will end using less than 2GB... 1GB is my bet.

The Wii U uses 1GB because the buffer to stream everything to the Pad... not the OS itself.

Oh, didn't think of that :p NOW it all makes sense ^^



I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

ethomaz said:

Anyway the official release specs said '"AMD next-generation Radeon™ based graphics engine"... Can it be GCN2 based? And CPU + GPU in a single-chip... really good.

 


Where did you find these specs? I can't locate it on sony's playstation website.



superchunk said:
ethomaz said:

Anyway the official release specs said '"AMD next-generation Radeon™ based graphics engine"... Can it be GCN2 based? And CPU + GPU in a single-chip... really good.

 


Where did you find these specs? I can't locate it on sony's playstation website.

The official release press release...

I listed all the press release documents here: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=155511