Quantcast
Battlefield 3 is a perfect example.

Forums - PC Discussion - Battlefield 3 is a perfect example.

gamelover2000 said:
After taking a look at this thread again

http://bf3stats.com/

look at the stats in the left corner. PS3 tops both PC and 360 (although I recon 360 tops PS3 when it's day in the US).


Cool site.

I just found out I'm in the top 4% in the world for Vehicle kills :)



 

 

        Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Around the Network
pezus said:
gamelover2000 said:
After taking a look at this thread again

http://bf3stats.com/

look at the stats in the left corner. PS3 tops both PC and 360 (although I recon 360 tops PS3 when it's day in the US).

PS3>PC>360 but when USA wakes up it's 360>PS3>PC. This tells me the PC version is much closer to the console versions than VGC makes you believe

Don't you have to link your gamertag to battle.net for it to show up on that website?



                                           

                      The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Without knowing the actual sales for BF3 on PC this is impossible to discuss. Partial data is not a basis for clear understanding.

Digital sales on PC are now significant and without knowing the digital purchase number it's impossible to say if this failed on PC or not.

Also, I'd note there seems little point seperating platform out. BF3 was built on an engine designed to support PC and next gen as well as this gen (just about). The PC development costs wouldn't have added much to the PS3/360 element at all. So whatever the PC sales are, on top of consoles they are simply adding more revenue/profit (and indeed for digital purchases significantly higher profits) to the overall performance of BF3.

To put it another way - if you're releasing on PS3/360 and for minimal cost can release on PC (and via your own digital channel where presumably all revenue comes straight to you with no cut for anyone else) why wouldn't you?



Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

http://bf3stats.com/

Right now as I write it says total number of players is 192,000 (of which 65,000 are PC players). Isn't that a bit low? I think Halo (in its prime) and COD typically has 4-500,000 players online simultaneously. Can somebody confirm this?



Slimebeast said:
http://bf3stats.com/

Right now as I write it says total number of players is 192,000 (of which 65,000 are PC players). Isn't that a bit low? I think Halo (in its prime) and COD typically has 4-500,000 players online simultaneously. Can somebody confirm this?

I play MW3 on 360, and there is almost always at least 500,000 people playing the game online at a given time, its normally a lot higher than that during peak times, but thats the bare minimum.

Halo Reach right now tends to have on average of about 100,000 people playing at a given time, but the game is a year old now.

Anyway this is from my personal experience seeing the ingame statistics.



 

Around the Network
UltimateUnknown said:
Slimebeast said:
http://bf3stats.com/

Right now as I write it says total number of players is 192,000 (of which 65,000 are PC players). Isn't that a bit low? I think Halo (in its prime) and COD typically has 4-500,000 players online simultaneously. Can somebody confirm this?

I play MW3 on 360, and there is almost always at least 500,000 people playing the game online at a given time, its normally a lot higher than that during peak times, but thats the bare minimum.

Halo Reach right now tends to have on average of about 100,000 people playing at a given time, but the game is a year old now.

Anyway this is from my personal experience seeing the ingame statistics.

Yeah I thought so! This means that a far higher proportion of MW3 owners (10.6 million copies sold on X360 and like you say, 500,000 play it simultaneously) play the game than BF3 owners play BF3 (4.4 million copies sold on X360 but only 55,000* online right now). The difference is huge! 

* Can bf3stats.com's numbers be trusted though? 55,000 BF3 players online simultaneously on the X360 sounds extremely low.



Wow nice site, just found out I am top 2% in Revives per Assault and top 3% in score per minute! Awesomesauce :L

Also

Headshot distance 2 465 3% 761.52m

Awwwww'right.



Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Slimebeast said:
UltimateUnknown said:
Slimebeast said:
http://bf3stats.com/

Right now as I write it says total number of players is 192,000 (of which 65,000 are PC players). Isn't that a bit low? I think Halo (in its prime) and COD typically has 4-500,000 players online simultaneously. Can somebody confirm this?

I play MW3 on 360, and there is almost always at least 500,000 people playing the game online at a given time, its normally a lot higher than that during peak times, but thats the bare minimum.

Halo Reach right now tends to have on average of about 100,000 people playing at a given time, but the game is a year old now.

Anyway this is from my personal experience seeing the ingame statistics.

Yeah I thought so! This means that a far higher proportion of MW3 owners (10.6 million copies sold on X360 and like you say, 500,000 play it simultaneously) play the game than BF3 owners play BF3 (4.4 million copies sold on X360 but only 55,000* online right now). The difference is huge! 

* Can bf3stats.com's numbers be trusted though? 55,000 BF3 players online simultaneously on the X360 sounds extremely low.

360 is most popular in the USA and it's 5-9 AM there right now, the numbers don't seem that low



@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
Slimebeast said:
UltimateUnknown said:
Slimebeast said:
http://bf3stats.com/

Right now as I write it says total number of players is 192,000 (of which 65,000 are PC players). Isn't that a bit low? I think Halo (in its prime) and COD typically has 4-500,000 players online simultaneously. Can somebody confirm this?

I play MW3 on 360, and there is almost always at least 500,000 people playing the game online at a given time, its normally a lot higher than that during peak times, but thats the bare minimum.

Halo Reach right now tends to have on average of about 100,000 people playing at a given time, but the game is a year old now.

Anyway this is from my personal experience seeing the ingame statistics.

Yeah I thought so! This means that a far higher proportion of MW3 owners (10.6 million copies sold on X360 and like you say, 500,000 play it simultaneously) play the game than BF3 owners play BF3 (4.4 million copies sold on X360 but only 55,000* online right now). The difference is huge! 

* Can bf3stats.com's numbers be trusted though? 55,000 BF3 players online simultaneously on the X360 sounds extremely low.

360 is most popular in the USA and it's 5-9 AM there right now, the numbers don't seem that low

But it's low compared to MW3. UltimateUnknown says MW3 has 500,000 players minimum.



zarx said:
Slimebeast said:
UltimateUnknown said:
Slimebeast said:
http://bf3stats.com/

Right now as I write it says total number of players is 192,000 (of which 65,000 are PC players). Isn't that a bit low? I think Halo (in its prime) and COD typically has 4-500,000 players online simultaneously. Can somebody confirm this?

I play MW3 on 360, and there is almost always at least 500,000 people playing the game online at a given time, its normally a lot higher than that during peak times, but thats the bare minimum.

Halo Reach right now tends to have on average of about 100,000 people playing at a given time, but the game is a year old now.

Anyway this is from my personal experience seeing the ingame statistics.

Yeah I thought so! This means that a far higher proportion of MW3 owners (10.6 million copies sold on X360 and like you say, 500,000 play it simultaneously) play the game than BF3 owners play BF3 (4.4 million copies sold on X360 but only 55,000* online right now). The difference is huge! 

* Can bf3stats.com's numbers be trusted though? 55,000 BF3 players online simultaneously on the X360 sounds extremely low.

360 is most popular in the USA and it's 5-9 AM there right now, the numbers don't seem that low

Exactly. There are "only" a bit over 1 million BF3 (X360) owners in Europe. I haven't checked yesterday, so this time I try to check the stats when it's late here so it should be prime time in the US.