Also I decided maybe I should speak on topic. Reggie did have a very valid point when he said Move and Kinect suffered from a lack of great software.
Move is reliant heavily on titles that can be played without it. Very few games have been made that utalize Move as the primary control system and even fewer are of high enough quality to consider worthy of a purchase of a Move controller, camera and Nav. Where are the games?
Kinect despite all the talk about Gunstringer etc...etc.. and how amazing they are. Dance Central is almost the only successful title on the device. Kinectimals and Kinect Sports did fairly well as well. However the majority of the software has failed on a massive scale and that is not because consumers are idiots its because the quality of the software and the experiances it offers are drastically inferior to the offerings of Nintendo , Move or even the classic control devices.
Reggie has a very good point because of the three companies Nintendo is the only one who actually invested its whole console in motion controls. Nintendo put its money where its mouth was, they created the first party AAA+ software to support the Wii and they gambled heavily not spreading their support between classic and motion.
Nintendo actually supported their motion controller. Say what you will but Microsoft nor Sony have actually put their might behind their motion controls. To them they are just another peripheral, Nintendo is going the route that motion control is the future and rather then spending money and resources on supporting the old control styles they are investing entirely in the future.
Reggie is going to be completely right about this till Microsoft and Sony put their full might behind their devices. Which they will not do, even if Microsoft continues with Kinect with their next console it will not replace the classic controller. Microsoft is incapable of creating a format that both offers an experiance that Nintendo/Sony does not while giving consumers the quality software that they require. Kinect can't replace controllers at least not in the foreseeble future. Move could very well replace the classic controller, but Sony doesn't have the balls to go all in. Sony tested the waters rather then jumping head first in, Sony realized that they could not give up the DualShock and compete with Nintendo and/or Microsoft. They are tied with the fact that neither Sony nor Microsoft can afford to drop their classic controller.
Nintendo is in a position where it can continue to innovate, create new control devices and offer new gaming experiances. A luxory that Microsoft and Sony do not have. Personally I understand exactly why Microsoft and Sony haven't thrown their full weight behind motion controls, but as long as they do not Reggie has a major point!
so much fail and damage control in this one post 0_o how do you manage such a feat is beyond me..'slow clap'
few shocking info for you
1. Move and Kinect ARE peripherals! 'gasp' unlike Wii the whole console is built around motion controls.
2. Move has a lot of games that supports it. Look em up and get over that ignorance of yours. And games like KZ3 utilizes Move REALLY well. Wouldn't be surpirsed if Move had more games supporting it since launch than Ninty had for Motion plus. there ARE quality games as well, have you played games like Tumble? Echochrome 2? they are great great games
3. Kinect has a lot of games as well. Again look it up before ranting. Some of them are REALLY good as well. and sales, you are on vgc, go look it up. many games have sold really well. How many kinect games have you tried out? I can tell you now it has a lot of quality games already! and they are a lot of fun. so what games do you refer to when you mention 'inferior' games here? or are you just pulling that out of you know where?
4. You are all over the place with your essay above. You seem to mix up support for a console and peripheral. It's actually shameful that neither Motion plus nor the wii itself got any support anywhere near to that of Xbox+ kinect or Ps3 + move. what 'balls' you are talking about here, I have no idea. You mean the balls of dropping all good support for your console and rush next gen with a confusing clusterfuck of a presentation at E3...Ninty does have those balls in abundance these days. What decent games have your beloved system had this year prior to the holiday season? I bet you can count them in one hand...maybe 5 fingers will be too much for that task even.
5. Sony and MS have had different approaches to the system. They understand what their current fan base wants. They cater to it. We didn't have any operation dryfalls to beg for games (and get refused LOL)..we get them even without asking for them. Sony fans do NOT want Move to replace DS controller, and I hope they never does. Sony seems to understand this and hence why support for the peripheral and the console at the same time. Same goes for MS.
6. This rubbish about ninty is in a place to innovate but ms and sony is not is just bullocks. 0_o I'm not even sure what that stupid statement means or what reasons you have behind it. MS and Sony have brought a lot of things to gaming arena as well, some areas where Ninty are lagging behind pathetically. Case in point, Online gaming. The only 'place' ninty seems to be is a place of desperation and stupid remarks such as what's wrong with you these days. Or a home console that does something similar to Ipad (a better version I'm sure since that's what the whole console is about)
I personally understand why you are blind to the reality and worship Nintendo. ...actually no i don't. considering the support wii is getting from them I would imagine any sensible person would be at least annoyed with them. But nope..why? no idea whatsoever