Quantcast
God of War director says Galaxy has ‘vapid story’

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - God of War director says Galaxy has ‘vapid story’

grandmaster192 said:
It doesn't need a complex story. However, something entertaining would have been fun. Kinda like what Capcom does with Megaman.

 Eh i stopped playing Megaman after they stopped with Dr. Wily and went to X.

A new story just would not work after so many games of saving the princess.

 It'd be like Mario Sunshine, or Majora's mask.



Around the Network

does anyone found her voice annoying?



 "I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

To me it sounds like a certain God of War director is envyous of Nintendo :) .  Ppl say the darndest things when they are jealous :)

@ Legend I think your stuck in the 80's. :)
PS3 is so leet its 2010...ROFL
Mario isnt an epic storytelling game.
Nintendo's formula is what makes Nintendo the champion it is today..By a landslide :)
Legend is in running for blind fan boy comments leader 2008 :)

Im loving Nintendo on top! Best thing to happen to gaming sinice Nes came out. LOL

 

 



I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

 

MynameisGARY

"Another lame ol nintendo game lacking story."

BTW, Galaxy is one the best game ive played. Ever.

Ppl love to hate on the ones on top. :)



I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

 

MynameisGARY

Kasz216 said:
windbane said:

Galaxy could have used a story. Super Paper Mario had a decent one and good comedy. Galaxy also has poor multiplayer, no online, poor graphics because it's on Wii (my opinion, I played it right after Ratchet on PS3). It's still a great game, and Mr. Barlog said that. Just because a game is great doesn't mean it does everythnig well.

Nintendo could try some voice acting as well.

See I hate voice acting.  I've never seen one game that's had even halfway decent voiceacting.

Unless it's quirky or comicly bad i turn off the sound at voice acting scenes. 

Same here.  One of Mario's charms is that it's an old style video game with not much story, not much rationality, nothing just good fun gameplay.  I certainly don't want every game to be like that, KotOR and the Zeldas are my favorite games, but it is nice every now and then to have a video game that doesn't shove some long unnecessary story or force some realistic rational world on you (that is unless you're like some jaded gamers).

That being said I found the story a bit too close to Heaven's Gate's beliefs (what with the UFO following a comet around the universe and bringing goodies).  I suppose few gamers or people these days would be aware of that but oh well.



Around the Network
Onimusha12 said:
RolStoppable said:
windbane said:

Galaxy could have used a story. Super Paper Mario had a decent one and good comedy. Galaxy also has poor multiplayer, no online, poor graphics because it's on Wii (my opinion, I played it right after Ratchet on PS3). It's still a great game, and Mr. Barlog said that. Just because a game is great doesn't mean it does everythnig well.

Nintendo could try some voice acting as well.


If these are the only things you (especially you) can come up with that Galaxy isn't doing well, it must mean that Galaxy is doing everything right that is important in a 3D platformer.

Now now Rol, Windbane is an objective unbiased gamer, he has no pre-reservations at all on such issues.


I posted all the problems I thought Galaxy had before but no one wanted to discuss it with me.  Girl Gamer Elite attacked me by (hypocritically) calling me biased, and of course then the thread was over.  It is no secret I like the PS3, which is why I kept one after selling one at launch.  However, I loved playing Galaxy and look forward to playing the next Mario game.  That said, I don't feel the need to play it again and it did have several problems.  

As a side note...I am getting tired of shaking the Wiimote instead of hitting a button for every Wii game, though.  I found Strikers Charged too frustrating to play and I played the first game for months. 



windbane said:
Onimusha12 said:
RolStoppable said:
windbane said:

Galaxy could have used a story. Super Paper Mario had a decent one and good comedy. Galaxy also has poor multiplayer, no online, poor graphics because it's on Wii (my opinion, I played it right after Ratchet on PS3). It's still a great game, and Mr. Barlog said that. Just because a game is great doesn't mean it does everythnig well.

Nintendo could try some voice acting as well.


If these are the only things you (especially you) can come up with that Galaxy isn't doing well, it must mean that Galaxy is doing everything right that is important in a 3D platformer.

Now now Rol, Windbane is an objective unbiased gamer, he has no pre-reservations at all on such issues.


I posted all the problems I thought Galaxy had before but no one wanted to discuss it with me.  Girl Gamer Elite attacked me by (hypocritically) calling me biased, and of course then the thread was over.  It is no secret I like the PS3, which is why I kept one after selling one at launch.  However, I loved playing Galaxy and look forward to playing the next Mario game.  That said, I don't feel the need to play it again and it did have several problems.  

As a side note...I am getting tired of shaking the Wiimote instead of hitting a button for every Wii game, though.  I found Strikers Charged too frustrating to play and I played the first game for months. 


Well the Problem is not your preference for the PS3 windbane its that your opinions are just so out there and unpopular when it comes to the Wii that its really hard to give much of anything you say any credit. That's not to say they're unpopular because they're simply negative comments about a console people like, they're unpopular because they're gripes no one else can typically rationalize or sympathize with and are quite honestly just excuses to take the said game down a notch with nit picky petty pot shots.

You're not exactly tactful in your approach and like most "Chad Wardens", if I may use that term, wear your emotions on your sleeve when dealing with such matters. You're typically antagonistic and half the time just come into a thread to bitch about something Nintendo, remind everyone you actually own a Wii as if that gives you a liscence to your opinion, then fall back on whatever you said under the clause that it is just your opinion. It's simple hit and run trolling except you disguise it just enough as legitimate discussion that it can pass for tolerable.

I'm sure you'll respond to this with another spiel about how its your opinion and you're only expressing your opinion and that Wii fanboys can't handle hearing the truth and you're completely the victim here. It gets so old, it really does.



Kasz216 said:
grandmaster192 said:
It doesn't need a complex story. However, something entertaining would have been fun. Kinda like what Capcom does with Megaman.

Eh i stopped playing Megaman after they stopped with Dr. Wily and went to X.

A new story just would not work after so many games of saving the princess.

It'd be like Mario Sunshine, or Majora's mask.


Aw, but the first couple X games were the best in the entire series.



Onimusha12 said:
windbane said:
Onimusha12 said:
RolStoppable said:
windbane said:

Galaxy could have used a story. Super Paper Mario had a decent one and good comedy. Galaxy also has poor multiplayer, no online, poor graphics because it's on Wii (my opinion, I played it right after Ratchet on PS3). It's still a great game, and Mr. Barlog said that. Just because a game is great doesn't mean it does everythnig well.

Nintendo could try some voice acting as well.


If these are the only things you (especially you) can come up with that Galaxy isn't doing well, it must mean that Galaxy is doing everything right that is important in a 3D platformer.

Now now Rol, Windbane is an objective unbiased gamer, he has no pre-reservations at all on such issues.


I posted all the problems I thought Galaxy had before but no one wanted to discuss it with me. Girl Gamer Elite attacked me by (hypocritically) calling me biased, and of course then the thread was over. It is no secret I like the PS3, which is why I kept one after selling one at launch. However, I loved playing Galaxy and look forward to playing the next Mario game. That said, I don't feel the need to play it again and it did have several problems.

As a side note...I am getting tired of shaking the Wiimote instead of hitting a button for every Wii game, though. I found Strikers Charged too frustrating to play and I played the first game for months.


Well the Problem is not your preference for the PS3 windbane its that your opinions are just so out there and unpopular when it comes to the Wii that its really hard to give much of anything you say any credit. That's not to say they're unpopular because they're simply negative comments about a console people like, they're unpopular because they're gripes no one else can typically rationalize or sympathize with and are quite honestly just excuses to take the said game down a notch with nit picky petty pot shots.

You're not exactly tactful in your approach and like most "Chad Wardens", if I may use that term, wear your emotions on your sleeve when dealing with such matters. You're typically antagonistic and half the time just come into a thread to bitch about something Nintendo, remind everyone you actually own a Wii as if that gives you a liscence to your opinion, then fall back on whatever you said under the clause that it is just your opinion. It's simple hit and run trolling except you disguise it just enough as legitimate discussion that it can pass for tolerable.

I'm sure you'll respond to this with another spiel about how its your opinion and you're only expressing your opinion and that Wii fanboys can't handle hearing the truth and you're completely the victim here. It gets so old, it really does.


Nintendo isn't perfect.  I'm sorry.

You might want to compare me to Nintendo fanboys that litter the Sony forum and only own a Wii.  I tell people I own a Wii to show that I'm not just a Sony fanboy.  I enjoy the Wii and I've liked Nintendo since NES days.  You act like anything negative about Nintendo is flat out wrong.  Stop acting like my opinions don't matter as if I haven't even played the game.

I don't hype up PS3 games just because they are supposed to be the standard for the system, and I won't do the same for the Wii.  I don't strive to have a "popular" opinion.  The only reason I have a preference for the PS3 so far is that I've enjoyed it more than the Wii.  If that changes, my preference changes.  It's easy to write off what I say because it's not in line with what you and the "popular" opinion think.  Keep it up.



What I found stupid about his claim is that he doesn't have enough facts to support him. I found SMG's story crappy, but it's still a good game due to the gameplay.

Not the best Mario though. Best Mario is TTYD.