Quantcast
Hardcore gamers are the sun

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hardcore gamers are the sun

d21lewis said:
Apparently, someone left Rol's stockpile of emergency threads open.....

Completely unrelated but....I was watching Futurama the other day and then d21lewis appeared on  the screen and I was like HOLY SHIT d21lewis! My girlfriend looked at me like I was crazy :(

@OP

I haven't read your threads in awhile (I'm rarely ever here anyway) but I like this one :)



Around the Network
Snesboy said:
d21lewis said:
Apparently, someone left Rol's stockpile of emergency threads open.....

Completely unrelated but....I was watching Futurama the other day and then d21lewis appeared on  the screen and I was like HOLY SHIT d21lewis! My girlfriend looked at me like I was crazy :(

@OP

I haven't read your threads in awhile (I'm rarely ever here anyway) but I like this one :)

lol I just pictured that XD



trasharmdsister12 said:

Does the sun really believe that? Or is it people who believe in a heliocentric galaxy?

Does it really matter? What this thread any good to begin with? The fact that the server didn't respond the first time I wanted to post it was probably an omen that I shouldn't have posted it. There Is actually much more that could be done with the premise of hardcore-gamer-who-thinks-he-is-at-the-center-of-the-universe, but at least the first letter of each paragraph was a nice little touch.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:
trasharmdsister12 said:

Does the sun really believe that? Or is it people who believe in a heliocentric galaxy?

Does it really matter? What this thread any good to begin with? The fact that the server didn't respond the first time I wanted to post it was probably an omen that I shouldn't have posted it. There Is actually much more that could be done with the premise of hardcore-gamer-who-thinks-he-is-at-the-center-of-the-universe, but at least the first letter of each paragraph was a nice little touch.

lol you silly



trasharmdsister12 said:

RolStoppable said:

How about hardcore gamers are the sun, because they believe that the world revolves around them?

Does the sun really believe that? Or is it people who believe in a heliocentric galaxy?





Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Around the Network

So, if hardcore gamers are the sun, what are the casual gamers? The moon?



Above: still the best game of the year.

Beuli2 said:
So, if hardcore gamers are the sun, what are the casual gamers? The moon?

This joke has been done before and it isn't funny in the least. Casual gamers are more like the Pluto, if anything. Not real gamers, just like the Pluto isn't a real planet.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

What's so hard to understand about this thread?
Clearly casual gamers are the planet Mercury in this analogy. Besides the fact that Mercury is a small planet, virtually invisible to the naked eye, completely devoid of interesting content and just basically an insignificant offshoot orbiting the Sun, it is also stated in the text in no uncertain terms.

All you have to do it take the first letter from the beginning of each sentence in the last paragraph (i.e. the smallest, least important one) to get the word 8HEI. Look it up on the web and you are directed to 8hei.com, which as clearly stated on the page that comes up, is a tiny private company based in Scottsdale, Arizona, with a meager net worth of $1330.

The Harry Potter fans among you should instantly recognize that number as the date of birth of the alchemist Nicolas Flamel, who was known throughout history to be one to deal with rare precious metals, and even earned mention in the personal memoirs of Isaac Newton when he referred to: "the Caduceus, the Dragons of Flammel".

Caduceus obviously being the name of the mythological sacred staff held by the Greek God's messenger Hermes, who's Roman name later became the name for the precious metal which was originally assigned to that very same symbol in alchemy by the school of Flammel and their followers.

And this same Roman name was also used for the star closest to the Sun: ie. Mercury.

Sorry I had to spell it out and ruin the joke for those who got it the first time, but this thread was in danger of being seriously derailed.



Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Snesboy said:
d21lewis said:
Apparently, someone left Rol's stockpile of emergency threads open.....

Completely unrelated but....I was watching Futurama the other day and then d21lewis appeared on  the screen and I was like HOLY SHIT d21lewis! My girlfriend looked at me like I was crazy :(


Making people look really awkward in front of women?  That sounds like me, alright!



Twitter: @d21lewis  --I'll add you if you add me!!

I'm great.



Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!