Quantcast
Do you think it is normal having firearms?

Forums - General Discussion - Do you think it is normal having firearms?

xbebop: Is that M4 an actual assault rifle with select fire capability? ..and its over 20-years old?

Firearm ownership is very common where I am from (Arizona). We have some of the better (less restrictive) firearm laws in the country. I own more than I could carry myself.

I will not turn this into a pro-anti battle, Ill just say I am glad I have the right to bear arms.



Around the Network

For what it's worth by the way. I don't know anyone that owns a gun, except for I think one member in my family who has like 6.

Oh and my one friend who may still own guns. He pulled 2 WW2 rifles out of his walls along with a knife with a swastica on it.

What those were doing behind the walls of the house he had bought i have no clue.



I live in scotland where glasgow is the murder capital of europe per head of population and is also quite violent elsewhere. 99.9% of murders are commited using knives, so it doesn't matter what type of weapon people have, juat if they are stupid enough to use it. It is impossible to get a gun here legally.



  

westphoenix said:
xbebop: Is that M4 an actual assault rifle with select fire capability? ..and its over 20-years old?

Firearm ownership is very common where I am from (Arizona). We have some of the better (less restrictive) firearm laws in the country. I own more than I could carry myself.

I will not turn this into a pro-anti battle, Ill just say I am glad I have the right to bear arms.

 It's from the Vietnam era. It's pretty old.



i have found this in google (translated from Spanish)

In USA in year 2000 11,000 homicides were registered and more than 16,000 suicides in which firearms were used. The European Union, whose population surpasses in a 25% to the one of the United States, registered that same year less than 1,300 homicides by firearm. In Japan, in that year 22 only took place..



Around the Network

No. Cause i'm french.
And at some point, it's hard to understand why some ppl consider normal to carry an item wich sole purpose is to kill another human being.
And don't try to convince me 90% of americans live in a dangerous isolated area filled with wild beasts.



Cryoakira said:
No. Cause i'm french.
And at some point, it's hard to understand why some ppl consider normal to carry an item wich sole purpose is to kill another human being.
And don't try to convince me 90% of americans live in a dangerous isolated area filled with wild beasts.

 300 years ago it was.

Because... you know... that's my excuse and i'm sticking to it. 



In America it's legal to own firearms (2nd Amendment) and a basic right. You also have the right to defend yourself and your property (Castle Doctrine). If its not legal in your country then its not, but it is in mine, end of story.
Crime exists in every country irregardless of its laws regarding firearms. Firearms can be involved in violent crimes just as knives, sticks, fists and genitals can be. Criminals commit crimes, tools may or may not be involved. Is there really any point in singling one out other than for political swaggering and/or scare tactics?

BTW go talk to a law enforcement officer about what their experience has proven to them to be the leading cause of crime. The answer will come back, Drugs and/or alcohol.



ismael said:
i have found this in google (translated from Spanish)

In USA in year 2000 11,000 homicides were registered and more than 16,000 suicides in which firearms were used. The European Union, whose population surpasses in a 25% to the one of the United States, registered that same year less than 1,300 homicides by firearm. In Japan, in that year 22 only took place..

 Yes, there are more murders in the US and that's a problem.  But why don't you just take the total murder count instead of the firearm murder count?  You're skewing numbers, as there's obviously fewer firearms in Europe and Japan.  There's plenty of knife murders in said countries though.  Murder's murder, the killer will use what's available.

Perhaps guns should be abolished in the US, you've yet to prove it would change anything though.  Stop acting like you're better than us.



LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
ismael said:
i have found this in google (translated from Spanish)

In USA in year 2000 11,000 homicides were registered and more than 16,000 suicides in which firearms were used. The European Union, whose population surpasses in a 25% to the one of the United States, registered that same year less than 1,300 homicides by firearm. In Japan, in that year 22 only took place..

Yes, there are more murders in the US and that's a problem. But why don't you just take the total murder count instead of the firearm murder count? You're skewing numbers, as there's obviously fewer firearms in Europe and Japan. There's plenty of knife murders in said countries though. Murder's murder, the killer will use what's available.

Perhaps guns should be abolished in the US, you've yet to prove it would change anything though. Stop acting like you're better than us.


 What?, i'm only arguing, i'm not saying that my country is better than yours,i'm only quoting facts. there are different cultures and i'm being repectful,  i'm sorry if i didn't explain well, you all know that English is not my mother tongue.