Forums - Movies Discussion - The BOX-OFFICE Thread

What will be the biggest movie for the remainder of the year?

Ender's Game *1st of November*
Thor: The Dark World *8th of November*
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire *22nd of November*
Frozen *29th of November*
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug *13th of December*
Mordred11 said:
Looks like I underestimated it by $7.5M =(. VERY NICE. Big chances that this year ends up as the biggest grossing year yet with The Hunger Games,The Avengers,The Dark Knight Rises, The Amazing Spider-Man and The Hobbit Pt. 1.

And Breaking Dawn Part II :P



All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:

Our bet seriously depends on how things work out for THG this weekend.

If it has a drop bigger than 45% due to The Avengers,I think it's highly unlikely that it will reach $400M.



                               

darthdevidem01 said:
Mordred11 said:
Looks like I underestimated it by $7.5M =(. VERY NICE. Big chances that this year ends up as the biggest grossing year yet with The Hunger Games,The Avengers,The Dark Knight Rises, The Amazing Spider-Man and The Hobbit Pt. 1.

And Breaking Dawn Part II :P

Damn it,I always forget about the Twilight movies. But I guess it won't matter that much if it doesn't gross over $300M in NA.



                               

Mordred11 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Our bet seriously depends on how things work out for THG this weekend.

If it has a drop bigger than 45% due to The Avengers,I think it's highly unlikely that it will reach $400M.

It's looking at a 33% drop according to estimates.



All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Amazing...

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Mordred11 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Our bet seriously depends on how things work out for THG this weekend.

If it has a drop bigger than 45% due to The Avengers,I think it's highly unlikely that it will reach $400M.

It's looking at a 33% drop according to estimates.

Then I guess you'll lose. TROLOLOLOL



                               

Mordred11 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Mordred11 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Our bet seriously depends on how things work out for THG this weekend.

If it has a drop bigger than 45% due to The Avengers,I think it's highly unlikely that it will reach $400M.

It's looking at a 33% drop according to estimates.

Then I guess you'll lose. TROLOLOLOL

It's still far from a lock dear.

So funny to see Boxofficemojo panicking over TDKR being beaten this summer.

Do you think TDKR will beat Avengers total gross?



All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:

It's still far from a lock dear.

So funny to see Boxofficemojo panicking over TDKR being beaten this summer.

Do you think TDKR will beat Avengers total gross?

The Avengers doesn't hold a damn candle against TDKR...even if by some highly unlikely chance TDKR does less,I think it's safe to say that humanity has lost it's mind.



                               

Rank*TitleFriday
5/4

(Estimates)
1 MARVEL'S THE AVENGERS
Buena Vista

4,349
$80,517,000

-- / $18,514
$80,517,000 / 1
2 THINK LIKE A MAN
Sony / Screen Gems

2,010
$2,675,000

+184% / $1,331
$67,704,000 / 15
3 THE LUCKY ONE
Warner Bros.

3,005
$1,950,000

+190.5% / $649
$44,357,000 / 15
4 THE FIVE-YEAR ENGAGEMENT
Universal

2,941
$1,700,000

+136.3% / $578
$15,804,000 / 8
5 THE HUNGER GAMES
Lionsgate

2,794
$1,620,000

+128.3% / $580
$376,647,000 / 43
6 THE PIRATES! BAND OF MISFITS
Sony / Columbia

3,358
$1,315,000

+204.6% / $392
$14,478,000 / 8
7 THE RAVEN
Relativity

2,209
$844,000

+90.4% / $382
$10,383,000 / 8
8 SAFE (2012)
Lionsgate

2,271
$825,000

+72.9% / $363
$11,229,000 / 8
9 CHIMPANZEE
Buena Vista

1,531
$707,000

+59.5% / $462
$21,324,000 / 15
10 THE CABIN IN THE WOODS
Lionsgate

1,669
$515,000

+47.5% / $309
$36,969,000 / 22


                               

Around the Network
Avengers might be bigger overseas than TDKR o.O. It's practically a monster there. Let's hope TDKR sees an insane increase there