Quantcast
Final Fantasy X - What to do next?

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy X - What to do next?

Tagged games:

BenVTrigger said:
I sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wish SE would make and HD port of this game and FFXII

I've been hoping for that ever since Sony first talked about this whole HD collection stuff.  



Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
brendude13 said:
Another update.

Tidus has 21 strength...

Wakka / Auron have around 40 strength.

Lulu / Yuna have around 50 magic.

... I've just killed Yunalesca like a few hours ago, and my strength of my characters was:

Tidus: 54 STR

Wakka: 53 STR

Auron: 62 STR

Kimahri: 42 STR

Rikku: 38 STR

And then my casters magic:

Yuna: 68

Lulu: 72

 

Seriously, I don't get how your stats can be so low, especially if you're this far in the game and have been levelling up... o.O

It's when I hit the far plains that I realised I was underlevelled.

I did a bit of levelling up and these are my exact stats.

Tidus: HP - 3,102 / Strength - 21

Yuna: HP - 2,392 / Magic - 45

Auron: HP - 3,633 / Strength - 34

Lulu: HP - 2,180 / Magic - 47

Rikku: HP - 2,596 / Strength - 21 / Magic - 28

Wakka: HP - 3,539 / Strength - 36 / Magic - 33

Kimahri: HP - 2,798 / Strength - 22 / Magic - 24



brendude13 said:
Lord_Yggdrassil said:
Take the game disc out, throw it away.

Terribly overrated game.

I do feel it's over-rated, especially considering how much hate FFXIII gets and how similar the two games are.

It's still a great game though, I'm especting lots from the story.

They aren't similar in the least. X is great, XIII is the single worst game I had the displeasure and loathing of playing/finishing. It's as if they deliberately shit all over it, but I digress. I do every time somebody utters that dreadful number.

Anyway, you are quite epically underleveled... so it's no suprise that you were struggling. Level up some (lots)... I'd give you stats, but the first time I finished it was more than 7 years ago... so... I won't.  There's a nice metric - go to Sin and level up on mobs there and use your aeons to your advantage. Have you been to Baaj temple yet and grabbed Anima? If you used the Destruction sphere in ALL cloisters so far and grabbed all that treasure, get some petrify granades from the gorgon-like monsters on the road to Djose temple and infuse them into armor for stoneproofs - it'll help you out with the familiar face you'll see SHOULD you go to Baaj for anima.

Either way, Aeons are a great help for leveling up. Use them until you can easily deal with the stuff running around sin.



I f I remember corretly (it's prety long time, when I played X), when I attacked Sin, I had finished main path for each character. And boss and next dungeon weren't much problem.

But I have some question: Do you play on Expert, or Normal Board? And, do you want just finish the game, or will you go even for super-bosses?



Xen said:
brendude13 said:
Lord_Yggdrassil said:
Take the game disc out, throw it away.

Terribly overrated game.

I do feel it's over-rated, especially considering how much hate FFXIII gets and how similar the two games are.

It's still a great game though, I'm especting lots from the story.

They aren't similar in the least. X is great, XIII is the single worst game I had the displeasure and loathing of playing/finishing. It's as if they deliberately shit all over it, but I digress. I do every time somebody utters that dreadful number.

Anyway, you are quite epically underleveled... so it's no suprise that you were struggling. Level up some (lots)... I'd give you stats, but the first time I finished it was more than 7 years ago... so... I won't.  There's a nice metric - go to Sin and level up on mobs there and use your aeons to your advantage. Have you been to Baaj temple yet and grabbed Anima? If you used the Destruction sphere in ALL cloisters so far and grabbed all that treasure, get some petrify granades from the gorgon-like monsters on the road to Djose temple and infuse them into armor for stoneproofs - it'll help you out with the familiar face you'll see SHOULD you go to Baaj for anima.

Either way, Aeons are a great help for leveling up. Use them until you can easily deal with the stuff running around sin.

Yeah, yeah. I've heard it all before.

As for Sin, I went to try and fight him. I destroyed his arms but when I went to go inside, I ran out of MP for my mages and I had to attack the other opening at a long distance, the only person who could was Wakka, so I died.

I have thought about getting Anima...Is it hard? I used my last petrify grenade a minute ago (man they are good) but I can easily go and get more.



Around the Network
Nanaki said:
I f I remember corretly (it's prety long time, when I played X), when I attacked Sin, I had finished main path for each character. And boss and next dungeon weren't much problem.

But I have some question: Do you play on Expert, or Normal Board? And, do you want just finish the game, or will you go even for super-bosses?

I think I selected "Expert", what's the difference?

And I just want to finish the game really and experience a few cool easter eggs.

After looking at the Sphere Grid, I noticed Tidus will need to get roughly another 20 sphere levels before he comes across another "Strength" sphere, they seem to be so rare.



brendude13 said:
Xen said:
brendude13 said:
Lord_Yggdrassil said:
Take the game disc out, throw it away.

Terribly overrated game.

I do feel it's over-rated, especially considering how much hate FFXIII gets and how similar the two games are.

It's still a great game though, I'm especting lots from the story.

They aren't similar in the least. X is great, XIII is the single worst game I had the displeasure and loathing of playing/finishing. It's as if they deliberately shit all over it, but I digress. I do every time somebody utters that dreadful number.

Anyway, you are quite epically underleveled... so it's no suprise that you were struggling. Level up some (lots)... I'd give you stats, but the first time I finished it was more than 7 years ago... so... I won't.  There's a nice metric - go to Sin and level up on mobs there and use your aeons to your advantage. Have you been to Baaj temple yet and grabbed Anima? If you used the Destruction sphere in ALL cloisters so far and grabbed all that treasure, get some petrify granades from the gorgon-like monsters on the road to Djose temple and infuse them into armor for stoneproofs - it'll help you out with the familiar face you'll see SHOULD you go to Baaj for anima.

Either way, Aeons are a great help for leveling up. Use them until you can easily deal with the stuff running around sin.

Yeah, yeah. I've heard it all before.

As for Sin, I went to try and fight him. I destroyed his arms but when I went to go inside, I ran out of MP for my mages and I had to attack the other opening at a long distance, the only person who could was Wakka, so I died.

I have thought about getting Anima...Is it hard? I used my last petrify grenade a minute ago (man they are good) but I can easily go and get more.

Hard? Nah.

It's underwater, so bring everyone with an overdrive ready. Rikku's mix comes in especially useful. The only things you should watch out for are the petrify attacks, but they are null with the granades (I think it's x20 per stoneproof, but I could be wrong). Try to remember if you cleared the secret treasure in all temples just so you don't do it for nothing.



brendude13 said:
Bristow9091 said:
brendude13 said:
Another update.

Tidus has 21 strength...

Wakka / Auron have around 40 strength.

Lulu / Yuna have around 50 magic.

... I've just killed Yunalesca like a few hours ago, and my strength of my characters was:

Tidus: 54 STR

Wakka: 53 STR

Auron: 62 STR

Kimahri: 42 STR

Rikku: 38 STR

And then my casters magic:

Yuna: 68

Lulu: 72

 

Seriously, I don't get how your stats can be so low, especially if you're this far in the game and have been levelling up... o.O

It's when I hit the far plains that I realised I was underlevelled.

I did a bit of levelling up and these are my exact stats.

Tidus: HP - 3,102 / Strength - 21

Yuna: HP - 2,392 / Magic - 45

Auron: HP - 3,633 / Strength - 34

Lulu: HP - 2,180 / Magic - 47

Rikku: HP - 2,596 / Strength - 21 / Magic - 28

Wakka: HP - 3,539 / Strength - 36 / Magic - 33

Kimahri: HP - 2,798 / Strength - 22 / Magic - 24


You're going to need to pack more of a punch to take on the final bosses and reach the endgame area. Some of the enemies in Omega Dungeon will also be quite tough, there are some mean spellcasters down there and some strong melee monsters.

At the endgame area I had around 180-200 average (except Luck) in my character stats and my toughest character (Wakka) had around 30.000 hit points. You don't need to be THAT strong though... Still, there were monsters who whooped my ass without a problem.

You should at the very least try to get some of the ultimate weapons for some of the characters and I'd at least consider doubling the hit points if not more before going to endgame.



End of 2016 hardware sales:

Wii U: 15 million. PS4: 54 million. One: 30 million. 3DS: 64.8 million. PSVita: 15.2 million.

^30k and still whooped?
You lie!



Xen said:
^30k and still whooped?
You lie!

I was about to kill myself after I read that comment.

Anyway, I know you don't think it's hard, but have you seen my stats? :P

I also went to check out Dark Bahamut, he attacked 3 times before my party had a chance to do anything. He hit 99,999 everytime!

I don't know if I cleared the secret treasure in all the temples though, I doubt it :/