Quantcast
Long Live PLAY - Butler is back!

Forums - Sony Discussion - Long Live PLAY - Butler is back!

Kantor said:
Now ship him over to the UK to make some ads for us. Our PS3 ads are lame

I'm not surprised, PS3 does best in Europe and beats the competition, no need for these sorts of ads.



 

Around the Network

I was kinda hoping they would get rid of KB and make commercials filled mainly gameplay. For example, the gow3 commercial would have been better if you showed Kratos going on a small journey towards a giant beast. While on his path, he kills several weaker enemies in a cinematic fashion. That could have been a much more convincing trailer IMO. And for the Uncharted 3 commercial, they could show a compacted version of the airplane trailer. That would be much more convincing then a KB commercial IMO.



Seece said:
Machina said:

Well if that's all they've got to fall back  on ("hey, there's a PlayStation logo on the screen, who cares if we talk about carpets, in-jokes and Jack Tretton being a boss for 60 seconds!") then I think it's just proving my point that it's really not a good advertisement for anyone but avid gamers like ourselves at all.

I wouldn't bother, CGI would never agree wit you Sony havn't done something spectacularly good

Your insults never change Seece, you need some new material.

It's interesting too, I agreed with his sentiments, so you're either a selective reader or have a hard time reading. Take your pick.



                                                                                                                                            

I knew it!..



CGI-Quality said:
Seece said:
Machina said:

Well if that's all they've got to fall back  on ("hey, there's a PlayStation logo on the screen, who cares if we talk about carpets, in-jokes and Jack Tretton being a boss for 60 seconds!") then I think it's just proving my point that it's really not a good advertisement for anyone but avid gamers like ourselves at all.

I wouldn't bother, CGI would never agree wit you Sony havn't done something spectacularly good

Your insults never change Seece, you need some new material.

It's interesting too, I agreed with his sentiments, so you're either a selective reader or have a hard time reading. Take your pick.

Well, you never change, so if it aint broke don't fix it would love you to prove me wrong one day.



 

Around the Network
Seece said:
CGI-Quality said:

Your insults never change Seece, you need some new material.

It's interesting too, I agreed with his sentiments, so you're either a selective reader or have a hard time reading. Take your pick.

Well, you never change, so if it aint broke don't fix it would love you to prove me wrong one day.

Frankly, the topic has nothing to do with who you think is a "fanboy", insecure, or whatever. Anyone can see, just from the few pages in here, that it's really only been one individual showing any insecurity, and it certainly hasn't been me.



                                                                                                                                            

Anyway: I'm hearing that there's apparently KB ads ready to roll out for Resistance 3, Uncharted 3, & The ICO Collection. So long as the price cut is at the end of each ad (which I'm pretty sure it will be), they may have a pretty solid holiday!



                                                                                                                                            

CGI-Quality said:
Seece said:
CGI-Quality said:

Your insults never change Seece, you need some new material.

It's interesting too, I agreed with his sentiments, so you're either a selective reader or have a hard time reading. Take your pick.

Well, you never change, so if it aint broke don't fix it would love you to prove me wrong one day.

Frankly, the topic has nothing to do with who you think is a "fanboy", insecure, or whatever. Anyone can see, just from the few pages in here, that it's really only been one individual showing any insecurity, and it certainly hasn't been me.

I don't consider someone who is incredibly passionate about a company a fanboy, so you got that wrong. But no, get over yourself, I'm not insecure, just voicing my opinion (which I rarely do in Sony topics) that as an advert, this isn't very good, and it screams insecurity and jealousy from Sony themselves to take digs at the competition.

Heaven forbid I talk about how effective the advert is in ... a topic about an advert ... yeah .. we should just talk about the embarssing schoolboy humour



 

Seece said:
CGI-Quality said:

Frankly, the topic has nothing to do with who you think is a "fanboy", insecure, or whatever. Anyone can see, just from the few pages in here, that it's really only been one individual showing any insecurity, and it certainly hasn't been me.

I don't consider someone who is incredibly passionate about a company a fanboy, so you got that wrong. But no, get over yourself, I'm not insecure, just voicing my opinion (which I rarely do in Sony topics) that as an advert, this isn't very good, and it screams insecurity and jealousy from Sony themselves to take digs at the competition.

Heaven forbid I talk about how effective the advert is in ... a topic about an advert ... yeah .. we should just talk about the embarssing schoolboy humour

Um, there wasn't any resistance from me regarding your opinion. It's the fact that you can't give an opinion (with certain people) without petty digs (your unnecessary comment to Machina, for example).



                                                                                                                                            

Kantor said:
Now ship him over to the UK to make some ads for us. Our PS3 ads are lame

Yeah they are...

And I have missed KB, hopefully this should provide a little push in the US