Quantcast
Sean Malstrom: Nintendo's 1st party abandoning 3DS for Wii U

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sean Malstrom: Nintendo's 1st party abandoning 3DS for Wii U

Tagged games:

Do you agree?

Yes 17 25.37%
 
No 19 28.36%
 
Neutral 13 19.40%
 
This Guy is Crazy! 16 23.88%
 
I'm happy about this :) 1 1.49%
 
Total:66

So this guy apparently knows what Nintendo's developing resources are and which platform they prioritise and that Nintendo has no other titles under development that are merely being kept secret. That's impossible so I assume this guy is either a) insane or b) a colossal jackass.



Around the Network

They ditched Wii for the 3DS.

Now that 3DS has somewhat failed, they will ditch it for the Wii U



DeadEye said:
So this guy apparently knows what Nintendo's developing resources are and which platform they prioritise and that Nintendo has no other titles under development that are merely being kept secret. That's impossible so I assume this guy is either a) insane or b) a colossal jackass.


Both of them... but most of the time he's right and I think he is. Just as he said, why would Nintendo cut the price this much if killer software was just around the corner? It make NO sense at all. They can't make the same mistake with the WiiU, all their efforts will be focused to create a strong lineup, but they won't have the manpower to do software for 3DS.  As he said, probably they expected big support from third parties, but with the low sales they're abandoning and just as the Wii, only Nintendo will be making decent games for a while.



Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289


Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Seece said:
I wonder if Wii and DS in all of this, will get ANY 1st party SW from Jan 12 onwards ... surely they can't support 4 platforms.

Well if Zelda gets another delay .... ;)



PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

oniyide said:
Edouble24 said:
oniyide said:
He's mad because the type of games he like might not be made in abundance. I could understand that. But as a person who likes those Gamecube like games. Bring em!! LOL

hell yeah! I haven't really seen this change of direction in Wii U since they haven't shown any games, but if it's more like Gamecube and N64 and less like Wii, I'm all on board.

I knew i wasnt the only one. I swear i think SOME of these Ninty fans only care about Ninty being on top more than the actual games. Thats a little sad

Nintendo fans don't actually care about Super Mario Bros. as a game, that's a great assumption you are making there.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network

This is why I do not read these bloggers.

Grrrr



01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

RolStoppable said:
oniyide said:
Edouble24 said:
oniyide said:
He's mad because the type of games he like might not be made in abundance. I could understand that. But as a person who likes those Gamecube like games. Bring em!! LOL

hell yeah! I haven't really seen this change of direction in Wii U since they haven't shown any games, but if it's more like Gamecube and N64 and less like Wii, I'm all on board.

I knew i wasnt the only one. I swear i think SOME of these Ninty fans only care about Ninty being on top more than the actual games. Thats a little sad

Nintendo fans don't actually care about Super Mario Bros. as a game, that's a great assumption you are making there.

The bloggers tone tends to be a bit different than simply enjoying Super Mario Brothers. He seems to indicate that any game that doesn't sell 20 million units is a failure. He goes on tangents about how much of a failure 3D Zelda is, despite the fact that it's more successful than 2D Zelda, he still seems to go on about nothing but sales and how 2D Zelda was actually more successful. Some people certainly seem to care very much about sales. It's not bad or anything, but it's pretty obvious.



You know I'm not really sure why Maelstrom has been following Nintendo all these years.
Since all he likes is 2D stuff he should have sticked to the NES..........

Reminds me of one of those CAD engineers that are used to their 2D AutoCad and won't ever migrate to 3D..........



PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Roma said:
why would they abandon 3DS for Wii U? they never abandoned the DS for Wii so...

This, actually, after the Zelda, the Mario, the ? hit and the Smash Bros (That is actually multiplat) WiiU might become the damaged one.



Edouble24 said:
RolStoppable said:
oniyide said:
Edouble24 said:
oniyide said:
He's mad because the type of games he like might not be made in abundance. I could understand that. But as a person who likes those Gamecube like games. Bring em!! LOL

hell yeah! I haven't really seen this change of direction in Wii U since they haven't shown any games, but if it's more like Gamecube and N64 and less like Wii, I'm all on board.

I knew i wasnt the only one. I swear i think SOME of these Ninty fans only care about Ninty being on top more than the actual games. Thats a little sad

Nintendo fans don't actually care about Super Mario Bros. as a game, that's a great assumption you are making there.

The bloggers tone tends to be a bit different than simply enjoying Super Mario Brothers. He seems to indicate that any game that doesn't sell 20 million units is a failure. He goes on tangents about how much of a failure 3D Zelda is, despite the fact that it's more successful than 2D Zelda, he still seems to go on about nothing but sales and how 2D Zelda was actually more successful. Some people certainly seem to care very much about sales. It's not bad or anything, but it's pretty obvious.

This, to add to that some people like Malstrom claims to not like the direction games went after SNES, but some people like him will still bitch and cry that they didnt get X HD game for Wii that is the type of game they have been avoiding all these years??? THat makes no sense, if you didnt care about those games during the PS1  /2 era, why so hot for them now???  Leads me to believe that it wasnt the direction games went, some people couldnt stand to see NInty not on top