Quantcast
The 3DS deal thread! *UPDATED August 3rd - $170 at Costco in NA RIGHT NOW!!! (20 free games included!)*

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The 3DS deal thread! *UPDATED August 3rd - $170 at Costco in NA RIGHT NOW!!! (20 free games included!)*

superchunk said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:
$199.99 for the 3DS ? I'm really considering to pick one up.


no, $169.99. Plus 20 free games if you buy it before Aug 11.

The price drop happens on August 12 and the places selling it for $169.99 aren't shipping those until August 12 so you won't get the free games. You can always hope that they make a mistake and sell it early. Stranger things have happened. There are places slashing the price to $200 immediately (see above) so you'd essentially get 20 games for ~$30 if you buy it at $200 before August 12. And if you go to a retailer with a 30 day price guarantee and buy it right now, you can take your receipt in and get the difference back between what you paid for it and the new $169.99 price tag.



Around the Network

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-3DS-Aqua-Blue/dp/B002I0EKK6/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1311974736&sr=1-1

$169.99 3DS plus a free game



trasharmdsister12 said:
superchunk said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:
$199.99 for the 3DS ? I'm really considering to pick one up.


no, $169.99. Plus 20 free games if you buy it before Aug 11.

The price drop happens on August 12 and the places selling it for $169.99 aren't shipping those until August 12 so you won't get the free games. You can always hope that they make a mistake and sell it early. Stranger things have happened. There are places slashing the price to $200 immediately (see above) so you'd essentially get 20 games for ~$30 if you buy it at $200 before August 12. And if you go to a retailer with a 30 day price guarantee and buy it right now, you can take your receipt in and get the difference back between what you paid for it and the new $169.99 price tag.

I know all that. But if you walk into a store NOW and pick one off the shelf you can get the 20 games and the discounted price via refund on the 12th.



Posting and bookmarking this thread so I can keep my eyes on 3DS deals.



kitler53 said:
http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-3DS-Aqua-Blue/dp/B002I0EKK6/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1311974736&sr=1-1

$169.99 3DS plus a free game

that's a good deal!

Any way to take advantage of that and still get the 20 freebies? show the man who's boss?



Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Around the Network

I should also mention, I bought mine from Futureshop and on top of all of the other things mentioned above, they're offering a free 3DS kit (worth $20) which is a case, 3 stylus', cloth and screen protectors.

So $169.99 in 2 weeks(they match for 30 days, I asked), 20 free games, $20 starter kit.....sounds pretty good to me.



The only teeth strong enough to eat other teeth.

SuperDave said:
I should also mention, I bought mine from Futureshop and on top of all of the other things mentioned above, they're offering a free 3DS kit (worth $20) which is a case, 3 stylus', cloth and screen protectors.

So $169.99 in 2 weeks(they match for 30 days, I asked), 20 free games, $20 starter kit.....sounds pretty good to me.


Thanks for the info! I'll add it to the OP. Sorry for the lack of updates lately... I've been out of town.



You guys in America have it good :) http://nintendo3dsblog.com/buy-the-3ds-at-costco-for-169-99-right-now



@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

tag "¡Viva la Ñ!" - WRUR

Updated OP on August 3rd. Thanks for the tip TomaTito!



I'm looking a good online deal for buying my sister's 3DS before august 12th, nothing yet :(



WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back