Quantcast
Why do xbox exclusives sell more than ps3 exclusives ?

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why do xbox exclusives sell more than ps3 exclusives ?

well microsoft marketing in my country is 0 , sony and nintendo do a great markting here.



 

Around the Network
Pineapple said:

I don't know if it's really correct to say that the Xbox exclusives sell more than the Ps3 exclusives. The major games do, in general, sell a bit more on X360 than on Ps3.

I believe that this is because the X360 has a more unison fanbase, with a more similar group of players, while the Ps3 has a larger mix of players.

That, and the fact that Americans buy more games than Europeans, and the X360 is big in America while the Ps3 is big in Europe.

there about 3 other post that answers the op's question but i think this one does it best.



Pineapple said:

I don't know if it's really correct to say that the Xbox exclusives sell more than the Ps3 exclusives. The major games do, in general, sell a bit more on X360 than on Ps3.

I believe that this is because the X360 has a more unison fanbase, with a more similar group of players, while the Ps3 has a larger mix of players.

That, and the fact that Americans buy more games than Europeans, and the X360 is big in America while the Ps3 is big in Europe.


This.  If you compare Halo to Killzone, then you will see that FPS gamers have more affinity to Xbox 360.

But now compare two more niche genres like Alan Wake to Heavy Rain.  PS3 wins there.



"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

 

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
d21lewis said:
Because better games sell better.

I'm kidding people, I'm kidding!! *Goes to play Shadows of the Damned and Child of Eden*

have you beat VC yet lol.

is Shadows of the Dammed good?


I'm still on the last battle and haven't taken the time to try it again.  Whenever I do, I'm going to have to go back and try a few skirmishes to build my skills back up.

Shadows of the Damned seems to be a top notch game but I've only devoted an hour to playing it.  It got zero promoting and the only reason I even knew it existed was because Zero Punctuatio made fun of it.  It got some great reviews, though.  Hopefully tonight I can dive into it.

And I totally agree with you:  Sales do not equal quality.

 

If I had to guess about the OP, I'd say that the 360 audience is sort of like a hive mind.  In the past, the Playstation fanbase has been spread out among things like rpg's, action adventures, racing, etc.  The Xbox audience was viewed as more of a hardcore audience.  That may have carried over into the 360 (which actually has outsold the 360 so some PS fans have obviously switched over, as well a few new people).  I know that when I talk to my PS friends, they tend to talk about different titles.  My 360 friends tend to hype each other up over the same titles--still different genres--but we hype each other up more.  It's like we want to all own the same games.  For example, Saints Row 3.  We talk about that title so much that we all want to own it.  I don't know if PS3 owners do the same (despite being a PS3 owner, myself). 

Another thing is marketing.  Something as simple as turning on the 360 will have ads/trailers/promotions for upcoming games.  Just by being connected to Xbox Live, your awareness of new titles is there because, on your way to view new music, games, or whatever, your scrolling past flashy pictures of content that's in stores or on the system.  On my PS3, much of the same content is there--but you have to go to the Playstation store and look for the trailers and videos.



Twitter: @d21lewis  --I'll add you if you add me!!

360 has lesser exclusives

they take less risk

they go with the same old tested formula with 2-3 games and milk it

360 fanbase is big in USA where piracy is less and people spend more freely on games

MS markets more



Around the Network
d21lewis said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
d21lewis said:
Because better games sell better.

I'm kidding people, I'm kidding!! *Goes to play Shadows of the Damned and Child of Eden*

have you beat VC yet lol.

is Shadows of the Dammed good?


I'm still on the last battle and haven't taken the time to try it again.  Whenever I do, I'm going to have to go back and try a few skirmishes to build my skills back up.

Shadows of the Damned seems to be a top notch game but I've only devoted an hour to playing it.  It got zero promoting and the only reason I even knew it existed was because Zero Punctuatio made fun of it.  It got some great reviews, though.  Hopefully tonight I can dive into it.

And I totally agree with you:  Sales do not equal quality.

 

If I had to guess about the OP, I'd say that the 360 audience is sort of like a hive mind.  In the past, the Playstation fanbase has been spread out among things like rpg's, action adventures, racing, etc.  The Xbox audience was viewed as more of a hardcore audience.  That may have carried over into the 360 (which actually has outsold the 360 so some PS fans have obviously switched over, as well a few new people).  I know that when I talk to my PS friends, they tend to talk about different titles.  My 360 friends tend to hype each other up over the same titles--still different genres--but we hype each other up more.  It's like we want to all own the same games.  For example, Saints Row 3.  We talk about that title so much that we all want to own it.  I don't know if PS3 owners do the same (despite being a PS3 owner, myself). 

Another thing is marketing.  Something as simple as turning on the 360 will have ads/trailers/promotions for upcoming games.  Just by being connected to Xbox Live, your awareness of new titles is there because, on your way to view new music, games, or whatever, your scrolling past flashy pictures of content that's in stores or on the system.  On my PS3, much of the same content is there--but you have to go to the Playstation store and look for the trailers and videos.

really didn't expect you to answer the VC question as i was bringging up old convo for a good laugh lol.

tell me how it goes and if you enjoy it. i'm haveing hell with brutal legend right now(playing on brutal difficulty first time through.

and as for the rest well said. i couldn't agree more.

my PS360 audiance hypes games to gether, but 1 360 owner seems to only focus on GEARS FF an COD



MARCUSDJACKSON said:
d21lewis said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
d21lewis said:stuff
junk

more stuff

I really didn't expect you to answer the VC question as i was bringging up old convo for a good laugh lol.

tell me how it goes and if you enjoy it. i'm haveing hell with brutal legend right now(playing on brutal difficulty first time through.

and as for the rest well said. i couldn't agree more.

my PS360 audiance hypes games to gether, but 1 360 owner seems to only focus on GEARS FF an COD


You may want to go back down a level for Brutal Legend.  I played it on normal and there was a battle near the end that made me rip all of the hair out of my head AND my balls.  That game is no joke.  Glad it turned out to be based on strategy and not hacking and slashing like the demo was, though.



Twitter: @d21lewis  --I'll add you if you add me!!

d21lewis said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
d21lewis said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
d21lewis said:stuff
junk

more stuff

I really didn't expect you to answer the VC question as i was bringging up old convo for a good laugh lol.

tell me how it goes and if you enjoy it. i'm haveing hell with brutal legend right now(playing on brutal difficulty first time through.

and as for the rest well said. i couldn't agree more.

my PS360 audiance hypes games to gether, but 1 360 owner seems to only focus on GEARS FF an COD


You may want to go back down a level for Brutal Legend.  I played it on normal and there was a battle near the end that made me rip all of the hair out of my head AND my balls.  That game is no joke.  Glad it turned out to be based on strategy and not hacking and slashing like the demo was, though.

yea that bitch ass tree with the birds is a motherfucker.

happy to here your all most done with VC. so your finally fighting max as a valkyria



Okay you need to know that other than the GT series PS always used 3rd part support. GTA, Tony Hawk, Crash are basically the games that made the PS. GT was the only big first party support it had. While Xbox always relied on first party support. And now when it come down to the PS3 and 360 high price screwed up the PS3 sales while 360 sales were good since day 1. And PS3 only started to get good sales in 2009 while 360 was selling better than the PS3 from 2006-2008 and in some areas it is still outselling the PS3 like U.S.A and U.K. Another reason is there is much more marketing for 360 games than the PS3 ones. For all I can remember Forza 3 had more marketing than GT5. The only game I can say that had plenty of hype for the PS3 is Killzone 2. But still quality doesn't = sales .



Halo is a juggernaut with mass appeal. It's also a great series of games, with some of the best multiplayer around and a rich universe. Sony doesn't really have anything that compares to that. The Uncharted series has a lot of potential, but has less mass appeal. I think that will be a much bigger franchise in the future. The other factor is, Xbox 360 players tend to buy more games and be more "hardcore". That is why the 360 has a larger attach rate. I have friends with both consoles, and their libraries tend to be 70% 360 games, 30% PS3 games. They just prefer the online and the controller mainly. Also, many that I know that only have a PS3, barely buy games... they don't even buy exclusives, just games like Call of Duty. They just aren't as avid players as alot of the 360 gamers I know. I think both systems are great and all, and very comparable in most respects, but for some odd reason, the 360 garners the gamers that buy more games.