3DS. It's always the games which count. We know so little about the Vita, so everything is either subjective or rumour, bar graphics (but, history has taught us graphics =/= good console).
I think psv will beat out 3ds in quality and quantity of games, psv unlike 3ds will have phone games, ps3/psv psn games and enhanced bc for psp games on psn (dual analogues will work) psv will also have more 3rd party support and nearly console level games, as well as more quality new ips (gravity daze is what I have my eye on) though 3DS has the universally known francises that sells 10 million but everyone already played them so I think people will start to get bored of them like I did
Keep grasping at straws.... PSV will have more 3rd party support because why??? Just because you got bored with the DS doesn't mean others will be bored of the 3DS. Anyways, you entire post sounds like wishful thinking. Nintendo games will always trump Sony especially when it comes to hand held. I like that Sony is competing and keeping Nintendo on their toes but they are simply outclassed. Nintendo is holding all the cards. You can say the 3DS had a horrible launch or whatever. You can say they don't have many games now. You know what?? Go look at the 3DS release schedule before the holiday season.
Dude it already has more 3rd party support, 153 3rd party devs are making something for it, thats more then what 3ds has right now, if you need reasons, second analogue will attract devs that normally don't do handhelds, easy dev kit will attract devs trying to jump from phone to console or anyone that wants to make console games but can't afford it, specs and touch screen/pad will attracted people trying to make something unique, ect. and I actually got bored on gba, mainly because the pokemon and mario games are always the freaking same, I think it's only a matter of time before others start feeling the same Nintnedo needs some good new IPs and they don't seem ot be delivering them or have any intention on delivering them, and they trump sony games in sale not always in quality, and it's games are rather kiddy which may deter some people, and again with the lack of innovation in their games and Sony comming out with new IPs, Nintendo only holds 2 cards, earlier launch and more well known brands of games that's it, Sony holds the other cards
IDK why you think that 153 Devs working on a system means something amazing is going to happen.
1. The games could actually never come out if they don't make it past the planning stages or test stages
2. Just cause they are being worked on doesn't mean that they are going to be good games
3. When did quantity ever equal quality
4. At no point has it been revealed that these are PSV exclusives
5. More devs could mean that there are going to be more shovelware out there. REmember for every Mario game there are 100 games that try to copy it.
6. You are acting like the 3DS is being ignored by 3rd Party Developers. It's a Nintendo Handheld it's going to get support
I don't get why you are acting like the Vita has already won the battle because 153 devs say they are working on the system. Besides Nintendo already said they don't want those Garage Developers on their system, remember them and Angry Birds Creators got into it after that.
Also I don't see how the PSV will have an easy developers kit that can be ported from smartphone to system seeing as how The PSV has two track pads, and buttons and analogue sticks. So settle down man, you have high hopes, which you should for the system you are putting your money behind, but stop acting like everyone has to share your sentiments
1. True, but we really don't have enough information to know how likely that is, personally I think the ease of development will make that fairly unlikely
2. Again true, but alot of talented and well known devs on the list http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/110607a_e.pdf (last page) so alot of them will be good
3.redundant, you already said this with 2
4. given the capabilities of the hardware, back touchpad and second analogue, that would suggest more games will be exclusive then not since ports would be a hassle
5. Nintendo platforms are more acustome to shovelware then Sony ones, and again alot of talented devs on the list, not saying there won't be any, but it's not going to be all shovelware or anywhere close like you're trying to make it seem
6. Again third parties tend to support Nintnedo handhelds with mostly shovelware, and again psv has more 3rd party devs signed up
7. Look at the list, these aren't garage devs, garage devs wouldn't be able to get acess to a dev kit yet, so Sony will have those on top on the 153 as well as phone games from pssuite, so yeah...
8. psv has confirmed PSsuite, it's basically going to emulate how the psphone plays games, maybe adding in the backpad and analogue as choices