Quantcast
NY State Assembly passes gay marriage!

Forums - General Discussion - NY State Assembly passes gay marriage!

elticker said:

wtf is that shit, its pretty scarry and discusting. have you actually seen someone like that in reality and how did it feel like seeing that and did they talk to you and how it felt? same questions to sapphi cause i would like to know i have never met someone who looks remotly close to that

also sapphi i have read that vlad the impaler is glorified at romania can you confirm or deny>

First of all, gypsies don't look like that. They have darker skin. They look quite similar to Indians (which shouldn't be surprising, as they're originally from that region).

 

Yes, Vlad the Impaler is glorified over here as a national hero (even though by today's standards he'd be considered a tirant psychopath). Generally, Medieval kings are glorified over here (lots of them were made saints, including one who was a serial adulterer and had 20+ bastard children).



"I don't understand how someone could like Tolstoy and Dostoyevsky, but not like Twilight!!!"

"Last book I read was Brokeback Mountain, I just don't have the patience for them unless it's softcore porn."

                                                                               (The Voice of a Generation and Seece)

"If you cant stand the sound of your own voice than dont become a singer !!!!!"

                                                                               (pizzahut451)

Around the Network

There are many things that should be legal nowadays so politicians could work on stuff that really affects the population.

Gay marriage and adoption, drugs, abortion if it's before 3 months, euthanasia or voluntary death; all these should be legal!



PSN ID: lightbleeder

Wii Friend Code: 1176-2599-2195-2652

Super Smash Bros Brawl code: 0388-0514-3237

Feel free to add me and let me know when you do!

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

vlad321 said:


Single and in the US. However it will cost you a shitton of money, not for the reason you think though. I'm not a US citizen, but I can walk in their citizen test place and get it tomorrow if I wished. The reason it will cost you is that I need to be paid REALLY well to degrade myself to the point of being a US citizen.

Moderated - Kantor

Damn, you sure bitchslapped the Americans... Your post even had to be moderated.



"I don't understand how someone could like Tolstoy and Dostoyevsky, but not like Twilight!!!"

"Last book I read was Brokeback Mountain, I just don't have the patience for them unless it's softcore porn."

                                                                               (The Voice of a Generation and Seece)

"If you cant stand the sound of your own voice than dont become a singer !!!!!"

                                                                               (pizzahut451)

lightbleeder said:
There are many things that should be legal nowadays so politicians could work on stuff that really affects the population.

Gay marriage and adoption, drugs, abortion if it's before 3 months, euthanasia or voluntary death; all these should be legal!

Well that is a point of view, you do realize that their are millions of American's , Canadians and other nationalities that share a different point of view. The US is a democracy and as such the majority of citizens should decide what happens in the country, they elect leaders who then pass bills according to their voters beliefs.

Obviously your view point isn't as popular as you'd like to think. Heck even my view points aren't all shared by the general public. Fact is the politicians need the support of the people and if the people do or don't want a law passed then it shouldn't be passed!



-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

 

Joelcool7 said:
lightbleeder said:
There are many things that should be legal nowadays so politicians could work on stuff that really affects the population.

Gay marriage and adoption, drugs, abortion if it's before 3 months, euthanasia or voluntary death; all these should be legal!

Well that is a point of view, you do realize that their are millions of American's , Canadians and other nationalities that share a different point of view. The US is a democracy and as such the majority of citizens should decide what happens in the country, they elect leaders who then pass bills according to their voters beliefs.

Obviously your view point isn't as popular as you'd like to think. Heck even my view points aren't all shared by the general public. Fact is the politicians need the support of the people and if the people do or don't want a law passed then it shouldn't be passed!

So if the majority don't want blacks to have equal rights (they didn't in the past), then blacks shouldn't have euqal rights? If the majority of the population thinks that gays should be jailed (like they do in my country), does that mean that gays should be jailed?

In a democracy people don't get to vote on the rights of minorities, esle democracy would become a tyranny. Those all are civil rights issues, and civil rights issues shouldn't be chosen by popular vote. Decisions regarding the individual are no one else's business.



"I don't understand how someone could like Tolstoy and Dostoyevsky, but not like Twilight!!!"

"Last book I read was Brokeback Mountain, I just don't have the patience for them unless it's softcore porn."

                                                                               (The Voice of a Generation and Seece)

"If you cant stand the sound of your own voice than dont become a singer !!!!!"

                                                                               (pizzahut451)

Around the Network
Joelcool7 said:
lightbleeder said:
There are many things that should be legal nowadays so politicians could work on stuff that really affects the population.

Gay marriage and adoption, drugs, abortion if it's before 3 months, euthanasia or voluntary death; all these should be legal!

Well that is a point of view, you do realize that their are millions of American's , Canadians and other nationalities that share a different point of view. The US is a democracy and as such the majority of citizens should decide what happens in the country, they elect leaders who then pass bills according to their voters beliefs.

Obviously your view point isn't as popular as you'd like to think. Heck even my view points aren't all shared by the general public. Fact is the politicians need the support of the people and if the people do or don't want a law passed then it shouldn't be passed!


As sapphi said. The majority don't get to decide just because they are a majority. To hell with their "point of view" if it's violating personal rights.



sapphi_snake said:
non-gravity said:
forest-spirit said:
Welcome to the 21st century!


At the start of the 21st century gay marriage wasn't allowed anywhere was it?

So how can you say that lol

It was legal in the Netherlands, and possibly in another country too.

The Dutch law came into effect 1 April 2001 :)



I always wonder what's the point of gay marriage apart from rubbing it into the eyes of tradicionalists.



PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

sapphi_snake said:
elticker said:

wtf is that shit, its pretty scarry and discusting. have you actually seen someone like that in reality and how did it feel like seeing that and did they talk to you and how it felt? same questions to sapphi cause i would like to know i have never met someone who looks remotly close to that

also sapphi i have read that vlad the impaler is glorified at romania can you confirm or deny>

First of all, gypsies don't look like that. They have darker skin. They look quite similar to Indians (which shouldn't be surprising, as they're originally from that region).

 

yeah...pure gypsies...but being half vampire causes their skin to become paler. 



"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Zlejedi said:
I always wonder what's the point of gay marriage apart from rubbing it into the eyes of tradicionalists.


same legal rights as straight couples.



"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur