Quantcast
PlayStation VITA...the rumored name for NGP kinda makes SENSE now!

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation VITA...the rumored name for NGP kinda makes SENSE now!

We have two major reasons for this:

1. PlayStation Vita can be shortened to PSV

V = 5 in Roman

And the NGP will be the 5th major PlayStation launched (PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3)

So PSV would be a fitting name and a subtle nudge for people to see that this is the 5th Major Playstation System to be released!!!

2. this ones a bit far fetched but I'm bored so...

PSV...when you pronounce it you say PEE ESS Vii .....its almost like Wii is included in there. We all know that the Wii is a huge success...some consumers may think the system is meant to be a freakish combination of PlayStation and Wii.

________

Other reasons include:

- Vita meaning Life in Latin

- [terribly overdone lame pachter joke] Pachter hates the name so this mean the name will automatically be a HUUUUGE success [/end terribly overdone lame pachter joke]

_________

Anyone else got any positive reasons for VITA being the name?!



All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Only the few chosen ones know Roman numerals, the consumer sheep won't be turned!



I still hate the name.



iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

    

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Xen said:

Only the few chosen ones know Roman numerals, the consumer sheep won't be turned!

THEY WILL be Turned

GTAV will help us....consumers love GTA....the next GTA will tell consumers V = 5

If Darth GTAV fails then we must convert many consumers to chosen ones.

Since 90% of movies & games have a chosen ones (all copied from Star Wars which had the idea first, of course ) ....there must be loads of chosen ones.



All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Xen said:

Only the few chosen ones know Roman numerals, the consumer sheep won't be turned!

THEY WILL be Turned

GTAV will help us....consumers love GTA....the next GTA will tell consumers V = 5

If Darth GTAV fails then we must convert many consumers to chosen ones.

Since 90% of movies & games have a chosen ones (all copied from Star Wars which had the idea first, of course ) ....there must be loads of chosen ones.

The people I know call GTA IV... GTA Ai-Wee!

We're screwed Darth_darth! SCREWED!



Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:

- Vita meaning Life in Latin

Which makes it better suited to a system that isn't DOA.



i dont like the name vita, would be good if it was playstation vista but they obviously cant use that one



...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

No..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSV_Eindhoven



Xen said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Xen said:

Only the few chosen ones know Roman numerals, the consumer sheep won't be turned!

THEY WILL be Turned

GTAV will help us....consumers love GTA....the next GTA will tell consumers V = 5

If Darth GTAV fails then we must convert many consumers to chosen ones.

Since 90% of movies & games have a chosen ones (all copied from Star Wars which had the idea first, of course ) ....there must be loads of chosen ones.

The people I know call GTA IV... GTA Ai-Wee!

We're screwed Darth_darth! SCREWED!

Hence why the extremely far fetched point 2 exists!



All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

badgenome said:
darthdevidem01 said:

- Vita meaning Life in Latin

Which makes it better suited to a system that isn't DOA.

But Dead Or Alive was a system seller for Xbox 360.

@HKN

Now its linked to football too...means EU Football fans could be influenced.

Keep the good stuff coming people!



All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey