There has been an lot of talks of "Cod bashing" over the interwebs over the release of an trailer that was dismissed by many people. This has created 3 sides, haters, fans and people accusing the haters as cod bashers. Tho some haters do have an valid reason for hating cod. below are what i think are valid reasons for hating cod.
1. COD 4 MW was great but the series has got worst. Fans of the first MW loved that game, and when MW2 was about to come out it was hailed as the best shooter to ever exist, but as soon as they got there hands on it they were disapointed because of the hype surrounding the title, and they now dispise it because its was an bad sequel. An there have been bad sequels that everyone hated, but MW2 was hugely success and loved by many, and with the IW issues many have lost faith that an good MW can arise still.
2. COD being Popular have ruined FPS. This is common in the games industry, one game gets hugely popular, everyone copies game, releases there own game and an older style of gameplay is lost in the process. Fans of that older gameplay blame the existance of that popular game. There has been no doubt that COD has caused the downfall of great single player FPS since publishers now invest in Multiplayer, and single player FPS fans now are offered very weak stories at laughable lengths loaded with scripted events and boring gameplay.
3. Codifcation: going from the above point another thing is an publisher again sees the how popular cod is and its seems plain simple that what cod is offering is what the consumer wants, and the best way to jump on its bandwagon and gain its auidence is to change an existing franchise to its style to use its brand name to lurer existing fans but new gameplay to gain new fans from the cod titles. Problem is that they alienate there own fanbase who then blame cod for there beloved franchise hitting the ground.
4. COD destroyed by favorite game: COD being such an huge success is going to take it sales from its compeitiors, which can mean trouble to developers and franchises, there is no doubt franchises have ended and developers gone bust because there game didn't sell well because everyone was too busy playing cod then buyer there game. So the fans of said game blame cod that there franchise or there beloved game is now gone.
5. Its in our nature: as human beings its in all our nature to think what we have is better than what someone else has, and no better example for us gamers is consoles. You bought an console x while your friend bought console y. despite console y selling 10x more and is better you will argue that console x is better no matter what. As for cod, you buy lets say MOH instead of black ops last holiday season, you want to justicify your investment so you argue that cod is crap and moh is better or some game you are going to buy next is better.
Well there are some justifiable reasons why people hate cod and are not cod bashers, if you were an fan of some car manufacturer and you watched an bigger car manufacturer put your favourite out of business you are going to fill an bit mad and wont like the bigger car manufacturer anymore.
Myself i doubt that an new studio plus and depleted studio can make an enjoyable single player experience of around 8-12 hours that is good
Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong