Quantcast
Sony is working on PlayStation 4

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony is working on PlayStation 4

SONY has there research/patent teams were there sole goal is to innoviate and with it patent everything new. many companies have the same teams. 

SONY been working on the PS4 since before the PS1, hence when they started working on game products. Because you you are creating an product and you are apart of an company like sony you are told to keep pushing the bonderies and so to say they are working on the PS4, its that they have been working on it for an while. There would be teams dedicated to it from the networking department thats been working non it for around 5-10 years now, and the electronic reserach teams would all be trying to find new tech for there game systems as well. 



Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Around the Network

Working on now doesn't mean near future which makes this thread bs



IMU1808 said:
legend92(3) said:
dsister said:
Darc Requiem said:

In other shocking news, the Earth orbits the Sun!


No way... Source? 


Source  

I laughed for 2 mins after clicking that. Am I insane?

That pic had me dying. Maybe were both insane.



"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

ethomaz said:

Since PS3 release.


Maybe before that.  SO yeah, everyone know this in 2006.



 

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Resident_Hazard said:

It's pretty common practice in gaming for a company to, at the very least, have some kind of R & D going on for the next system the second the current console hits the market.  So, basically, Nintendo was working on Project Cafe in some capacity the moment the Wii launched.

When they get serious on developing a new console, factor in some timeframes:

The system will have to be largely completed for a year to a year and a half (or so) in order for development teams to craft games for the system.  Prior to that, maybe one or two years (or more?) of solid hardware engineering and firmware programming to get the system assembled.  

This Sony announcement mirrors the ad that was discovered (by either IGN or GameInformer) that hinted Microsoft was hiring for positions related to "hardware development."  If Microsoft and Sony are now beginning in earnest to develop their next systems--they probably won't be out until 2013 at the soonest.  Which sounds just great to me.  If the SNES and PS2 could continue surprising us 5 or 6 years into their cycles, then the Xbox360 and PS3 surely have a lot of surprises yet in store.  

I don't think we've exhausted this generation yet.  Well, maybe the Wii, but not the Xbox360 or PS3.  

So the chance of the PS4 being leagues stronger than the Cafe is thrown out the window now huh?



Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
SaviorX said:
Resident_Hazard said:

It's pretty common practice in gaming for a company to, at the very least, have some kind of R & D going on for the next system the second the current console hits the market.  So, basically, Nintendo was working on Project Cafe in some capacity the moment the Wii launched.

When they get serious on developing a new console, factor in some timeframes:

The system will have to be largely completed for a year to a year and a half (or so) in order for development teams to craft games for the system.  Prior to that, maybe one or two years (or more?) of solid hardware engineering and firmware programming to get the system assembled.  

This Sony announcement mirrors the ad that was discovered (by either IGN or GameInformer) that hinted Microsoft was hiring for positions related to "hardware development."  If Microsoft and Sony are now beginning in earnest to develop their next systems--they probably won't be out until 2013 at the soonest.  Which sounds just great to me.  If the SNES and PS2 could continue surprising us 5 or 6 years into their cycles, then the Xbox360 and PS3 surely have a lot of surprises yet in store.  

I don't think we've exhausted this generation yet.  Well, maybe the Wii, but not the Xbox360 or PS3.  

So the chance of the PS4 being leagues stronger than the Cafe is thrown out the window now huh?

LOL....exactly what i was thinking :D



                                  Gaming Away Life Since 1985


glimmer_of_hope said:
SaviorX said:
Resident_Hazard said:

It's pretty common practice in gaming for a company to, at the very least, have some kind of R & D going on for the next system the second the current console hits the market.  So, basically, Nintendo was working on Project Cafe in some capacity the moment the Wii launched.

When they get serious on developing a new console, factor in some timeframes:

The system will have to be largely completed for a year to a year and a half (or so) in order for development teams to craft games for the system.  Prior to that, maybe one or two years (or more?) of solid hardware engineering and firmware programming to get the system assembled.  

This Sony announcement mirrors the ad that was discovered (by either IGN or GameInformer) that hinted Microsoft was hiring for positions related to "hardware development."  If Microsoft and Sony are now beginning in earnest to develop their next systems--they probably won't be out until 2013 at the soonest.  Which sounds just great to me.  If the SNES and PS2 could continue surprising us 5 or 6 years into their cycles, then the Xbox360 and PS3 surely have a lot of surprises yet in store.  

I don't think we've exhausted this generation yet.  Well, maybe the Wii, but not the Xbox360 or PS3.  

So the chance of the PS4 being leagues stronger than the Cafe is thrown out the window now huh?

LOL....exactly what i was thinking :D

That doesn't make any sense, and wasn't remotely what I was saying.

Frankly, the rumors so far are pegging Cafe's power at somewhere around the PS3 or Xbox360, which means that the PS4 and Xbox720 will massively out-perform Nintendo's machine again.

It sounds like, so far anyway, that Nintendo is trying to get a jump on the next generation... with current-gen technology.  Rather like they did with the Wii.

 

I really don't get how you guys interpreted me as saying the PS4 would be mysteriously weaker than Cafe.  It'll be way the hell more powerful, especially considering that Sony will have, what, 1-2 years of extra development on it over Cafe?  Cafe sounds like it's, as I said, just going to be "current gen" technology, released awkwardly towards the end of this generation.



I haven't read this thread, yet.  I'm sure someone already pointed this out but:

  • Work on the N64 (Project: Reality) started in 93-94.  It released in 96.
  • Xbox development began in 1998.  It released in 2001
  • Gamecube develpoment began in 1998-1999.  It released in 2001
  • Wii development began in 2001.  It released in 2006.

These are just a few examples.  Everybody is always working on the next successor to their current generation console (at least, the successful companies are).  It's not news to know that the next gen is being worked on.  I mean, Nintendo has a new console about to be shown at E3.  It's probably been in development since 2005 or something.  The only thing that bothers me about Sony "letting the cat out of the bag" so early is that I feel they're trying to cause a Dreamcast-like situation--one where people hold off on buying the new console (Nintendo's) based solely on the promise that a better experience is going to be released in the near future and that it's just better to wait (Nintendo did this with the PS1 and Saturn, too, if you recall.  It actually worked until the PS1 really took off in '97).  Anyway, my two cents.  You got 'em.



Twitter: @d21lewis  --I'll add you if you add me!!

d21lewis said:

I haven't read this thread, yet.  I'm sure someone already pointed this out but:

  • Work on the N64 (Project: Reality) started in 93-94.  It released in 96.
  • Xbox development began in 1998.  It released in 2001
  • Gamecube develpoment began in 1998-1999.  It released in 2001
  • Wii development began in 2001.  It released in 2006.

These are just a few examples.  Everybody is always working on the next successor to their current generation console (at least, the successful companies are).  It's not news to know that the next gen is being worked on.  I mean, Nintendo has a new console about to be shown at E3.  It's probably been in development since 2005 or something.  The only thing that bothers me about Sony "letting the cat out of the bag" so early is that I feel they're trying to cause a Dreamcast-like situation--one where people hold off on buying the new console (Nintendo's) based solely on the promise that a better experience is going to be released in the near future and that it's just better to wait (Nintendo did this with the PS1 and Saturn, too, if you recall.  It actually worked until the PS1 really took off in '97).  Anyway, my two cents.  You got 'em.


It's not "letting the cat out of the bag" when everyone knows its coming.



VetteDude said:
d21lewis said:

I haven't read this thread, yet.  I'm sure someone already pointed this out but:

  • Work on the N64 (Project: Reality) started in 93-94.  It released in 96.
  • Xbox development began in 1998.  It released in 2001
  • Gamecube develpoment began in 1998-1999.  It released in 2001
  • Wii development began in 2001.  It released in 2006.

These are just a few examples.  Everybody is always working on the next successor to their current generation console (at least, the successful companies are).  It's not news to know that the next gen is being worked on.  I mean, Nintendo has a new console about to be shown at E3.  It's probably been in development since 2005 or something.  The only thing that bothers me about Sony "letting the cat out of the bag" so early is that I feel they're trying to cause a Dreamcast-like situation--one where people hold off on buying the new console (Nintendo's) based solely on the promise that a better experience is going to be released in the near future and that it's just better to wait (Nintendo did this with the PS1 and Saturn, too, if you recall.  It actually worked until the PS1 really took off in '97).  Anyway, my two cents.  You got 'em.


It's not "letting the cat out of the bag" when everyone knows its coming.


Yeah, we know it's coming.  We knew it was coming.  It's just that Sony decided to confirm it right when Nintendo announced it was going to show its new system--kinda like during E3 (2004, I believe) when Sony announced the PSP right before Nintendo displayed the DS.  Nintendo was showing an almost completed system that was already playable by people in attendance.  Sony showed a UMD disc.  Why show/confirm something when you have nothing at all to show?  Sony's playing their cards to deflate the impact of Nintendo at E3.  It's not a bad move because, no matter what Nintendo shows, our imagination will come up with something better in regards to the PS4.  I just don't like how they always do that a year before they even show anything:

Dreamcast?  Yeah it looks okay......but wait 'til we show you what our PS2 can do!  DS?  Yeah, if you're into that sort of thing.....but when we show you what the PSP is going to do, you'll be blown away!!  Xbox 360?  It's a decent console.....if you don't want the best.  Wait until we unveil the PS3!! 

Sometimes, I just wish that Sony would just let these other consoles have their big moment.  Good strategy for them.  Frustrating for me.



Twitter: @d21lewis  --I'll add you if you add me!!