Quantcast
What can Nintendo do at E3 to save the Wii?

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What can Nintendo do at E3 to save the Wii?

What can Nintendo do at E3 to save the Wii?

No. Nintendo won't bothe... 178 39.21%
 
Yes, but it won't work 20 4.41%
 
Yes, and it will work 89 19.60%
 
Who cares? IT'S FOR KIDZ!!! 38 8.37%
 
Booth...Babes... 48 10.57%
 
See results 80 17.62%
 
Total:453

will never happen, but:

Announce a special partnership program to help 3rd parties port over successful 3DS releases to Wii, kinda like how PS2 got some of the better PSP games.

RE: Revelations, I'm looking at you. Also wouldn't mind seeing that Tales game that's coming to 3DS, and probably lots more I can't think of atm.

edit: forgot to mention Mega Man Legends 3



Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Around the Network
Bunyip said:

I think it is more about prolonging it's life with cheap games like Wii Play motion plus and price drops at this point. I don't think it will be able to compete with the HD systems weekly at this point except for the holidays when it always does well.


You do realize that in the PS2s lifespan about 80 million of PS2's 120 million market share were casual gamers who only bought said cheap games.  Truth is that games like Wii Fit Plus and Wii Play Motion Plus are better console sellers than God of War 3.  Heck the hardcore market included, a lot of hardcore players like games like Wii Fit, and a lot of the hardcore who don't like Wii get Wii as their console simply because they rely on money from their parents.  

Seriously can't believe Ken Kutaragi didn't see this coming.  Visionary my ass.  The powerful console has NEVER EVER won the console war.  (N64 included.  N64 was actually far more advanced than the PS because they stuck with ridiculously expensive cartridges which were faster loading and more reliable, but smaller in capacity.  )



DarkD said:
Bunyip said:

I think it is more about prolonging it's life with cheap games like Wii Play motion plus and price drops at this point. I don't think it will be able to compete with the HD systems weekly at this point except for the holidays when it always does well.


You do realize that in the PS2s lifespan about 80 million of PS2's 120 million market share were casual gamers who only bought said cheap games.  Truth is that games like Wii Fit Plus and Wii Play Motion Plus are better console sellers than God of War 3.  Heck the hardcore market included, a lot of hardcore players like games like Wii Fit, and a lot of the hardcore who don't like Wii get Wii as their console simply because they rely on money from their parents.  

Seriously can't believe Ken Kutaragi didn't see this coming.  Visionary my ass.  The powerful console has NEVER EVER won the console war.  (N64 included.  N64 was actually far more advanced than the PS because they stuck with ridiculously expensive cartridges which were faster loading and more reliable, but smaller in capacity.  )

If you think the Wii will have the lasting power of the PS2 you're sadly mistaken.  PS2 destroyed it's competition far beyond what the Wii has done to the X360 or PS3, as it had excellent 3rd party support.

And as far as the most powerful console NEVER EVER winning the console war, Super NES says hi. 

And don't even bring up the Neo Geo, it wasn't even released in Europe and was way too expensive to compete head to head.



I think that they should show some more games but as we all know, come the holidays, they will be selling like hot cakes again and we will remember all the doom article's.



Quit living in the past.

The Wii is so five years ago.



Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
Bunyip said:

And as far as the most powerful console NEVER EVER winning the console war, Super NES says hi. 

And don't even bring up the Neo Geo, it wasn't even released in Europe and was way too expensive to compete head to head.

What about the atari Jaguar then.  certainly as hell more powerful than the SNES.  Just a piece of crap in every other way shape and form. 

Was the graphics difference between Genesis and SNES even that large back then?  I never noticed.  

EDIT : Nvm I looked it up.  Its a pretty big difference.  



DarkD said:
Bunyip said:

And as far as the most powerful console NEVER EVER winning the console war, Super NES says hi. 

And don't even bring up the Neo Geo, it wasn't even released in Europe and was way too expensive to compete head to head.

What about the atari Jaguar then.  certainly as hell more powerful than the SNES.  Just a piece of crap in every other way shape and form. 

Was the graphics difference between Genesis and SNES even that large back then?  I never noticed.  

EDIT : Nvm I looked it up.  Its a pretty big difference.  

The Atari Jaguar is not in the same generation of consoles as the SNES, it was in the fifth generation with the 3DO, PS1, N64 etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_(fifth_generation)

The only console that out performed the SNES in the fourth generation was the Neo Geo and like I said it didn't compete for the home space to consumers.  Its like comparing a Honda civic with a Lamborghini, they're both cars but they don't both compete in the same market place.



Seems like some people missed the fact that I was mocking past Wii doom threads. Meh. Still good points anyway, but let me clear one thing up:

The Wii is NOT doomed, yet. It may be next year, but until it falls to 50k a week with a regular stream of SW/no new SW in the pipeline, it's doomed. A brief lull in sales down to 100k a few k below the other consoles with no SW is no shock. You may say that the market leader should always be first,but that isn't always the case. The DS wasn't constantly first, nor was the PSX, and I believe the PS2 didn't win every week. Sure, it's more full-blown, but come holidays we'll remember these threads, and we'll be laughing.



 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
kcoward said:
NeoGohan said:

Save??

no need to save anything, wii already did its job

Yup the Wii paved the way for motion controls and is far ahead of the other 2 systems. People are exaggerating when they say the wii is dead. Its not doing as well as it was 2 years ago but even PS3 and Xbox360 is not doing as well as the wii did 2 years ago.

Pretty much, but 'save' in this context means surpassing, or at least meeting, Nintendo's projections and to get the Wii back in the number one space, and this strategy could do it.

With all the doom threads, it's easy to get confused.

 

As a side note, it's interesting to see the poll results. So much pessimism towards Nintendo...

I agree.....Best way for them to get back to number one is to surprise with great content like they did last year.



oniyide said:

^^^or you screwing with me?? because that would be nice, i dont want to homebrew my Wii because i like to play Goldeneye


http://www.fatalframe4.net/

 

Says no need for homebrew, must have official game disc tho. so you'll need to get a japan import of the game, and then patch the game and run this file off your sd card.



The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com