Quantcast
1UP acquired by IGN

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 1UP acquired by IGN

Fufinu said:
Tallgeese101 said:

Meh, 1up has been awful since UGO bought it.


Always thought that 1up was one of the better sites.

Not sure where to go now for 'independent' reviews :( Suggestions?


VGChartz?



PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453
 
Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

Exactly why do people hate IGN so much (expect for some unfair review scores perhaps, but who hasn't them?)?


It's not hard to dislike IGN when stuff like this is approved as a "professional" review.



Mr. Fister said:
Slimebeast said:

Exactly why do people hate IGN so much (expect for some unfair review scores perhaps, but who hasn't them?)?


It's not hard to dislike IGN when stuff like this is approved as a "professional" review.

LOL

Sounds like an 8th grader did it.

"Ok so im gonna talk about......."



Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

I like IGN, not 1up though ...



 

Tallgeese101 said:
Fufinu said:
Tallgeese101 said:

Meh, 1up has been awful since UGO bought it.


Always thought that 1up was one of the better sites.

Not sure where to go now for 'independent' reviews :( Suggestions?


What do you mean by independent?  1up have always been owned by corperations.  Ziff Davis, Hearst and now News Corp.

What I meant was that if they keep the brand, they will still probably end up producing reviews along those of IGN due to corporate pressures,etc. Sure before they would have had pressures, but now these will be the same as those at IGN.



Around the Network
Mr. Fister said:
Slimebeast said:

Exactly why do people hate IGN so much (expect for some unfair review scores perhaps, but who hasn't them?)?


It's not hard to dislike IGN when stuff like this is approved as a "professional" review.

LOL! Is that the official review for Dead Space 2 on IGN?!

It's child language lol!



Mr. Fister said:
Slimebeast said:

Exactly why do people hate IGN so much (expect for some unfair review scores perhaps, but who hasn't them?)?


It's not hard to dislike IGN when stuff like this is approved as a "professional" review.

IM GONNA TALK ABOUT DEAD SPACE 2 ADN HOW SCARE IT IS.

http://i.imgur.com/cFm8Q.png



thismeintiel said:

OMG!  The IGNorance is spreading!  Run to the hills!  Run for your lives!

If you're going to quote Bruce Dickinson, at least give him credit.



Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Makes sense, 1up essentially just copied all of their news stories from IGN anyway. Although I am not sure what this adds to IGN since 1up probably gets about 0.1% of the audience of IGN.



I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

amp316 said:
thismeintiel said:

OMG!  The IGNorance is spreading!  Run to the hills!  Run for your lives!

If you're going to quote Bruce Dickinson, at least give him credit.

Don't you mean Steve Harris?