Quantcast
3DS Bad Batch of Chipset

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS Bad Batch of Chipset

Play4Fun said:

 It must be your fault somehow.

You are to blame. It's the only logical answer.

So your post got me thinking. And I started to eliminate possible
things that could be causing the problems.

I fingered the only thing that I have
that plays a part in my 3DS is my Cordless Network modem.

So I powered the modem down. And tryed the game.  Well gess what?
Success! iv played threw a hole level I always crashed on.
Ill continue playing the game and test it further. But to me it looks like
the 3DS has some incompatibility issues with networking device.

Id like one of the moderators to alter my title  that the Firm Ware update has
not dealt with all the Networking Problems. or something in that line.

Thanks for everyone help. Especially play4fun.
Sometimes looking at a problem from the outside  can help.
=) Now ill have to send some info about my modem
to Nintendo, so they can test a new update to address  this issue.

 





Around the Network

Guys, 400,000 of these are on the market right now and outside of some reports on the internet....there have been NO reports of systematic problems or issues whatsoever. This isn't anywhere near the RROD issue. A few people on the net have some problems, and it turns into "SEVERAL people have had issues.."



Interesting if its the network issue. I remember when I first got my Wii, it didn't play nicely with lots of routers. I bet that will get fixed over time just as Wii did. Odd though, you'd think they would have that worked out in the firmware by now.



You know, I totally agree with waiting.


Ive got a dead pixel already, one of the two I bought had a major hinge problem (it wasn't clicking into place, and it was extremely loose when folded out), but fortunately I haven't seen a BSOD yet.

Oh and theres that whole bottom screen puts lines on the top 3D screen every time you close it thing, Ive got that too.

 

Regardless, this is shitty quality control and it sucks.



“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Meh. Nintendo is different and this situation is different in one major way  to the RROD situation. The OP even said that the repair was "fast and hassle free". This alone makes this situation better, because if you have a problem it WILL get solved, Nintendo has always been good about this. When a few, not so bright people, threw their Wii Motes at their TV, Nintendo didn't hide or freak out, they sent us wrist straps and Wii "condoms". If there is truly an issue with some 3DS' I'm confident Nintendo will take care of it.

(BTW, not trying to say MS didn't take care of their customers eventually, they just drug their feet and played it off a pretty long while, before really doing something about, I think Nintendo handles things much faster and more openly)



LISTEN TO THE FIRST WORLD PODCAST REAL GAMERS, REAL AWESOME

Around the Network

I have had NO problems with SSFIV 3D. No errors or anything. Maybe i was one of the lucky people with a perfect unit?



3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Thats why i dont buy consoles or portables at launch, and your big mistake was buying Lego SWs in the first place. I kid, i kid. Really, sorry it had to happen to you, but they just dont make machines like they used too. Id honestly expect more from a Ninty product, i mean, it wasnt that long ago, you could flush a damn GBA down the toilet, let it dry out and it would work again, or drop a GC from about fifteen feet in the damn air and it would be good. I miss those days.

i acutally like Lego SWs the first one anyway



Albion said:
Play4Fun said:

 It must be your fault somehow.

You are to blame. It's the only logical answer.

So your post got me thinking. And I started to eliminate possible
things that could be causing the problems.

I fingered the only thing that I have
that plays a part in my 3DS is my Cordless Network modem.

So I powered the modem down. And tryed the game.  Well gess what?
Success! iv played threw a hole level I always crashed on.
Ill continue playing the game and test it further. But to me it looks like
the 3DS has some incompatibility issues with networking device.

Id like one of the moderators to alter my title  that the Firm Ware update has
not dealt with all the Networking Problems. or something in that line.

Thanks for everyone help. Especially play4fun.
Sometimes looking at a problem from the outside  can help.
=) Now ill have to send some info about my modem
to Nintendo, so they can test a new update to address  this issue.

 




Damn I'm good!



oniyide said:

Thats why i dont buy consoles or portables at launch, and your big mistake was buying Lego SWs in the first place. I kid, i kid. Really, sorry it had to happen to you, but they just dont make machines like they used too. Id honestly expect more from a Ninty product, i mean, it wasnt that long ago, you could flush a damn GBA down the toilet, let it dry out and it would work again, or drop a GC from about fifteen feet in the damn air and it would be good. I miss those days.

i acutally like Lego SWs the first one anyway

Iv tryed to play LEGO games before with no success. LOL
Its the first time I actually enjoy it.
Or maybe, I just like to watch the 3D, and its making me numb
to how bad it really is. I haven't decided yet =) hehe

I like the spaceship level a great deal though.
Reminds me of playing X-Wing and Tie Fighter
on PC when i was 12-13 xDDDD

 

@play4fun. :   Ya but you probably thought i dropped it I bet. LOL





Play4Fun said:
Albion said:
Play4Fun said:

 It must be your fault somehow.

You are to blame. It's the only logical answer.

So your post got me thinking. And I started to eliminate possible
things that could be causing the problems.

I fingered the only thing that I have
that plays a part in my 3DS is my Cordless Network modem.

So I powered the modem down. And tryed the game.  Well gess what?
Success! iv played threw a hole level I always crashed on.
Ill continue playing the game and test it further. But to me it looks like
the 3DS has some incompatibility issues with networking device.

Id like one of the moderators to alter my title  that the Firm Ware update has
not dealt with all the Networking Problems. or something in that line.

Thanks for everyone help. Especially play4fun.
Sometimes looking at a problem from the outside  can help.
=) Now ill have to send some info about my modem
to Nintendo, so they can test a new update to address  this issue.

 




Damn I'm good!

well going from "it's maybe something you do" to "it's my router" is a pretty big step too. I though he probably stored it on his heating or AC unit or something :p. I didn't know a system could hang due to bad communication with a rounter ^^.



OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO