Quantcast
Radiant Historia: anyone play it/impressions?

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Radiant Historia: anyone play it/impressions?

I had gotten this game a day after release(also being the last copy) and until about 3-4 days ago I hadn't touched it and now I can't let it down, this game is amazing(mostly story wise) and I just love the fact of how you can go back in time to redo events. the music is pretty awesome as well(comes with a CD soundtrack)all I have to say is BUY THIS GAME!!!(especailly if you're an RPG fan) about 16 hours in and on chp3 of both main story lines

to give  a little summary about this game:(forgive me as I am bad at summarizing)

you play as a man named Stocke; a man who works for the kingdom of Alistel under an organization by the name of Speceint, the intelligence branch of Alistel's military. Hiess; the leader of the Speceint branch, gives Stocke the mission of securing the information of another informant in a near-by plain. He is grouped up with two people: Marco(a swordsman) and Raynie(a Spearswoman); both of them are the last remaining survivors of their entire mercenary giuld and were saved by Hiess. Hiess gives him a book known as "the white chronicle" before leaving the city he sees a vision of himself along with his team dead  by the hands of the opposing army of the kingdom of Granorg. he then meets his long friend and brother-in-arms Rosch a leader of Alisel military, he tells Stocke that he has a bad feeling about his mission and warns him. Stocke assuring nothing will happens goes off to complete his mission, and  as the vision had foretold his mission goes awry; he teamates are dead, the informamts dead and he is surrounded by the enemy and is severly wounded, he jumps off a bridge, washes along the river and is slowly dying, the book starts to glow and he tranported to an outer demension and greeted my two mysterious characters...telling him that he has the power to revisit past events.



Around the Network

I'm still trying to finish both Okamiden and Inazuma Eleven first. I can't play this now. :/

 

But great summary man, you got me hyped. Will try this game as soon as possible.



I tried to pick it up like a week after it came out, but it's been wholly unavailable locally. I'll probably have to order it online somewhere, which I normally never do, but it looks fantastic, and this post got me even more hyped on it.



LISTEN TO THE FIRST WORLD PODCAST REAL GAMERS, REAL AWESOME

Tizona said:

I tried to pick it up like a week after it came out, but it's been wholly unavailable locally. I'll probably have to order it online somewhere, which I normally never do, but it looks fantastic, and this post got me even more hyped on it.


I've been hearing this quite alot, I think Atlus severly undershipped this game, if you go on amazon(my #1 place for shoping online) you can find it there at a decent/regular price, but they're are people charging up to $80 for it. I think this game might become a rare find in about a year or 2



too bad the game isn't out in europe :( i might have to import it, since the premise of a traditional jrpg with the theme of time travel really interests me...



 

Become a fan of I Love Videogames on facebook! The most updated and fun italian videogame fanpage on facebook! click here!

Also visit I Love Videogames: a new and fresh italian videogaming site! click here!

 

Around the Network
DarkCronos said:

too bad the game isn't out in europe :( i might have to import it, since the premise of a traditional jrpg with the theme of time travel really interests me...


With the exception of the first Etrian Odyssey (published by Nintendo), what other Atlus Ds games we got over here? Even their best series, Shin Megami Tensei, haven't arrived to Europe. We really have no luck with Atlus.

Anyway, i got mine from Play-Asia, with the bonus CD. It seems that edition is sold out now. But they have the standard US ed. for 31 EUR.



arcane_chaos said:
Tizona said:

I tried to pick it up like a week after it came out, but it's been wholly unavailable locally. I'll probably have to order it online somewhere, which I normally never do, but it looks fantastic, and this post got me even more hyped on it.


I've been hearing this quite alot, I think Atlus severly undershipped this game, if you go on amazon(my #1 place for shoping online) you can find it there at a decent/regular price, but they're are people charging up to $80 for it. I think this game might become a rare find in about a year or 2

Yeah I saw it on amazon for a decent price. I agree, unless Atlus sends out another shippment due to all the good reviews, this one will probably be one of the "hidden gems" we put on a top 10 list in a few years.



LISTEN TO THE FIRST WORLD PODCAST REAL GAMERS, REAL AWESOME

Radiant Historia is full of awesomeness. I've yet to finish it though because at the end, they start putting some super annoying enemies with the bosses....



i think we also got etrian odissey 2. other than that i remember the first trauma center for ds (the second one nevver came, i had to import it) and the two episodes of trauma center on wii. all published by nintendo. oh there's no trace of trauma team either...



 

Become a fan of I Love Videogames on facebook! The most updated and fun italian videogame fanpage on facebook! click here!

Also visit I Love Videogames: a new and fresh italian videogaming site! click here!

 

I just finished it. Oh man it was SOOOOOO good. I liked that they allowed you to skip dialogue when you had to go back in time to alter the history. The OST is INCREDIBLE (Youtube it if you don't believe me). The lack of dialogue was nice; brought me back to PS1 and earlier when you had to imagine the voices (Corny I know).  I did not like the random spike in difficulty towards 3/4 of the way but I got through it.

TOTALLY recommend getting this game. Atlus has making incredible games the past few years



PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Me Getting the Big Boss Emblem!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8blJhM6PZ4