Quantcast
Pay No Attention to "Anonymous"

Forums - Sony Discussion - Pay No Attention to "Anonymous"

Acevil said:
pezus said:
Acevil said:
kowenicki said:

I like how the two features removed utterly obliterate the features you list as added (most of which should have been there at the outset)...

cool.


I was about to say something similar, namely how I value BC ten times above anything else on that list. I wouldn't like my ps3 if it didn't have that feature. Hence why I would never get a slim. 

Come on man, you wouldn't like your PS3 if it couldn't play PS2 games? That's what the PS2 was for...


By like, I mean on par with everything else I own. It would be my least favorite console if it didn't have BC. Right now it is three-way tie for first place (DS, Wii, PS3).

Also my ps2 is old and not reliable enough, and I am not going to buy two ps2s.  

you can buy a tv with a built in ps2



Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Around the Network
zgamer5 said:
Acevil said:
pezus said:
Acevil said:
kowenicki said:

I like how the two features removed utterly obliterate the features you list as added (most of which should have been there at the outset)...

cool.


I was about to say something similar, namely how I value BC ten times above anything else on that list. I wouldn't like my ps3 if it didn't have that feature. Hence why I would never get a slim. 

Come on man, you wouldn't like your PS3 if it couldn't play PS2 games? That's what the PS2 was for...


By like, I mean on par with everything else I own. It would be my least favorite console if it didn't have BC. Right now it is three-way tie for first place (DS, Wii, PS3).

Also my ps2 is old and not reliable enough, and I am not going to buy two ps2s.  

you can buy a tv with a built in ps2


Ya, I doubt I will do that either! :P

I am satisfied, with my ps3 that plays ps2 games, all I am trying to say, is that BC is much better feature. 



 

Plagiarist! 

Hacker>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pirate>>>>>>>>Liberals>>>>>> Plagiarists! 



Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

This is officially the worst researched thread I have ever had the misfortune to endure. Im not even a member of this site, nor do I own a PS3 and have registered purely to write a reply to this ridiculus outlook you appear to be labouring over.

1. I know plenty of people who used otherOS before it was removed. That fact that you didnt use it makes it your opinion that 'people are complaining over nothing', not a certifiable fact. What is a fact is that many people paid $800 as you so rightly quoted for a machine with 'otherOS' and were not offered any type of compensation when the feature was removed. Even so, this isnt the main reason for all this hurlyburly.

2. The main reason for the response from anonymous is that Geohot placed a video on youtube and on his own site showing his ps3 hack. Sony then filed civil case requesting that the IP address of ANYONE who viewed either the youtube video or the site be supoened FROM YOUTUBE and Geohots host. Thats ANYONE who may have stumbled upon the video or been redirected to it or anyother method innocent members of the public come across youtube videos. UNBELIEVABLY the court agreed ad thus over 10,000 IP addresses were passed over for further investigation. Thats a MASSIVE INVASION of peoples right to privacy online. Thats the reason for the anonymous involvement, nothing else.

3. You said 'anonymous' has done nothing of note other than DDoS'ing which anybody can do. How about when they broke into HBGary a $2 million governmental private security firm after it falsely claimed it had pentrated its members, releasing 60,000 emails outlining how the company was using illegal methods to obtain finances and information, a crime they are currently explaining under congressional commitee. How about when they broke into the Bank of America releasing emails outlining how it has been deleting account details from their systems for no reason after requests from external insurance agencies. The list goes on.....and on......and on.....

I am not a member of anonymous, merely a sympathiser. I also sympathise with you guys because its the gamer who is getting the short end of the stick in all of this. The point however still remains that there is always going to be a 'geohot' trying to hack any electronic device released and the way to deal with this is not by using your corporate power to pull data on thousands of individuals from the internet, the vast majority of which have done absolutely nothing wrong. Who knows, you have a ps3, maybe you looked at the video out of curiosity and are now being investigated by sony . . . . .



wtf who still plays ps2 games!?!? get with the times people..



Around the Network
kowenicki said:

I like how the two features removed utterly obliterate the features you list as added (most of which should have been there at the outset)...

cool.

The two removed features listed are nothing to PS3 user like the majority of others added features.

OtherOS feature - If 10,000 PS3 users was using  this feature I will be surprised.
PS3 B/C - Cool but userless... if you have PS2 games you have a PS2 too... and HD Collection is a better option for that.

But I agree that added features are useless too except the In Game XMB, Facebook/Twitter integration, Automatic download and Cloud saving.

OP. Anonymous really sucks... a bunch of spoiled that has nothing to do.



ethomaz said:

The two removed features listed are nothing to PS3 user like the majority of others added features.

OtherOS feature - If 10,000 PS3 users was using  this feature I will be surprised.
PS3 B/C - Cool but userless... if you have PS2 games you have a PS2 too... and HD Collection is a better option for that.

But I agree that added features are useless too except the In Game XMB, Facebook/Twitter integration, Automatic download and Cloud saving.

False. I did not have a PS2 last gen. I got a PS3 quite soon after its release and the BC was quite a big part of my decision to get it so early. Since then I've played the GoW games, Shadow of the Colossus and a few JRPG's from the PS2 era on my PS3 (<3 Tales of the Abyss). After that I got busy with school and now have a huge back log of this gen and last gen games. After April 20 I will continue to go back and enjoy treasures of the PS2 era on my PS3. I'm glad I got an early model so I didn't lose the BC.

I spent a good amount of time with Linux on the PS3 as well, installing Yellow Dog, Ubuntu and Fedora on it just for kicks. It was incredibly slow due to all the restrictions placed on the hardware so I figured I'd wait for people to find ways to get more juice out of it. I would've been more than happy to buy another PS3 to run as a media server for the house and transcode videos on the fly while my family played different vids around the house. Unfortunately that never happened. The PS3 is some great tech and it's really a shame in my eyes that people never got to take full advantage of its capabilities outside of a gaming environment. I don't condone piracy and stealing but the features they took away could've been very useful to me personally, moreso than the stuff they've added which I use none of (although I do hope to invest in some 3D after my undergrad is over).



Absolutely correct. Do not pay attention to this group, as they do not deserve it. True fighters of justice and equality hold themselves to be just. Fighting random people without a cause is just foolish, ignorant, and immature. These "Warhawks" aren't going into battle and have the possiblity of dying an honorable death. A game. Where they can repeat the same procedure over again. This is not a war. It is a foolish attempt at getting what you want when you want it. Wait, didn't we all think with that exact same logic before? Oh thats right, when we were young and quite naive. No good can come from any of this. Mastercard didn't change their ways. Nor will the Westboro Baptist Church. And I'm certainly sure the same will apply to Sony. As for HBGreg, how much do you want to bet that their underhanded, scrupulous behavior is still continuing? I thought so. 

We all must be held accountable for our actions. That is the way of the American Judicial System. With flaws, yes, but nothing is perfect. 



<a href="http://us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/visit/profiles/isti1122"><imgsrc="http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/isti1122.png" width="230" height="155" border="0" /></a><br/><a href="http://www.us.playstation.com/psn/signup">Get your Portable ID!</a>

Xen said:
Acevil said:
pezus said:
Acevil said:
kowenicki said:

I like how the two features removed utterly obliterate the features you list as added (most of which should have been there at the outset)...

cool.


I was about to say something similar, namely how I value BC ten times above anything else on that list. I wouldn't like my ps3 if it didn't have that feature. Hence why I would never get a slim.

Come on man, you wouldn't like your PS3 if it couldn't play PS2 games? That's what the PS2 was for...


By like, I mean on par with everything else I own. It would be my least favorite console if it didn't have BC. Right now it is three-way tie for first place (DS, Wii, PS3).

Also my ps2 is old and not reliable enough, and I am not going to buy two ps2s.

@Xen, ps2 have never been more reliable to me. My MGS4 80gb PS3 is build much better.

Well, that's you and past models perhaps. Factually, the reliablity of the current 9000x model is top notch. Heck, my 39004 will be entering its 8th year in "service" this June, not a hitch so far.


And this doesn't matter... he is doing what is right as a Consumer, choosing the best for him with his purchase not with hacking...

I would love (and wouldn't complain) if the people that felt damaged by remove other/OS just returned their PS3 and asked by refund (or just resell on internet), that is your consumer right... Thinking that you can do whatever you want isn't a right.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Th3Mist3rN3farious said:

This is officially the worst researched thread I have ever had the misfortune to endure. Im not even a member of this site, nor do I own a PS3 and have registered purely to write a reply to this ridiculus outlook you appear to be labouring over.

1. I know plenty of people who used otherOS before it was removed. That fact that you didnt use it makes it your opinion that 'people are complaining over nothing', not a certifiable fact. What is a fact is that many people paid $800 as you so rightly quoted for a machine with 'otherOS' and were not offered any type of compensation when the feature was removed. Even so, this isnt the main reason for all this hurlyburly.

2. The main reason for the response from anonymous is that Geohot placed a video on youtube and on his own site showing his ps3 hack. Sony then filed civil case requesting that the IP address of ANYONE who viewed either the youtube video or the site be supoened FROM YOUTUBE and Geohots host. Thats ANYONE who may have stumbled upon the video or been redirected to it or anyother method innocent members of the public come across youtube videos. UNBELIEVABLY the court agreed ad thus over 10,000 IP addresses were passed over for further investigation. Thats a MASSIVE INVASION of peoples right to privacy online. Thats the reason for the anonymous involvement, nothing else.

3. You said 'anonymous' has done nothing of note other than DDoS'ing which anybody can do. How about when they broke into HBGary a $2 million governmental private security firm after it falsely claimed it had pentrated its members, releasing 60,000 emails outlining how the company was using illegal methods to obtain finances and information, a crime they are currently explaining under congressional commitee. How about when they broke into the Bank of America releasing emails outlining how it has been deleting account details from their systems for no reason after requests from external insurance agencies. The list goes on.....and on......and on.....

I am not a member of anonymous, merely a sympathiser. I also sympathise with you guys because its the gamer who is getting the short end of the stick in all of this. The point however still remains that there is always going to be a 'geohot' trying to hack any electronic device released and the way to deal with this is not by using your corporate power to pull data on thousands of individuals from the internet, the vast majority of which have done absolutely nothing wrong. Who knows, you have a ps3, maybe you looked at the video out of curiosity and are now being investigated by sony . . . . .


You are even less informed... PS3 costed 800 to make, they were never retailed at that price... they were 600... go troll elsewhere.

And constitution don't grant you a "freedom of speech online for anything"... you may have a freedom of speech independent than the Media, but you are also liable for what you say - and this is what Sony is trying there.

About the IP that would be invasion of privacy, but as Sony got it legally in court then no one can sue then or say they done anything illegal - no matter how much you don't like it - even more because the use is restrict to prove jurisdiction not hack your account - as some hackers would do (not all sure).

And about don't letting people see GeoHotz saying that isn't free of speech also, that is free acess to information (that isn't even a constitutional right)...

GeoHotz could curse Sony in 100 different languages and badmouth them on TV or newspaper and Sony couldn't - and probably wouldn't even try even more because they would gain publicity, maybe if they see harm to their pockets they may prosecute to compensation (and if GeoHotz were right about his complaint Sony that would need to pay legal expenses)... What he did isn't freedom of speech is breach of some laws.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994