Quantcast
How did you do on your SATs?

Forums - General Discussion - How did you do on your SATs?

yo_john117 said:

I didn't take the SAT I took the ACT (and scored a 25 or 26 I think)


I only got a 23... I wasn't very smart back then.



Try Gamefly for a month and get another one free!

http://gamefly.tellapal.com/a/clk/406vc

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Signalstar said:
Khuutra said:

As  I remember, studying doesn't help much with the SAT. The ACT it helps a bit, but the SAT - not as much.


It's not studying, it is practice that is needed. The more practice exams you take the more comfortable and familiar you will be for the test. There is a pretty simple methodology to tackling the test if you prepare for it.


Hmm. I'm really good with reading/vocab stuff, Math I'm not so sure. Math during standardized is generally fair but what about the SAT? How hard are those questions/what do they ask?

The math is kinda out there. The majority of it is simple enough but then they throw a bunch of shape problems and other higher end stuff that you may be too nervouse to tackle unless you are a math genius.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Signalstar said:
Soriku said:
Signalstar said:
Khuutra said:

As  I remember, studying doesn't help much with the SAT. The ACT it helps a bit, but the SAT - not as much.


It's not studying, it is practice that is needed. The more practice exams you take the more comfortable and familiar you will be for the test. There is a pretty simple methodology to tackling the test if you prepare for it.


Hmm. I'm really good with reading/vocab stuff, Math I'm not so sure. Math during standardized is generally fair but what about the SAT? How hard are those questions/what do they ask?

The math is kinda out there. The majority of it is simple enough but then they throw a bunch of shape problems and other higher end stuff that you may be too nervouse to tackle unless you are a math genius.

lol I'm no good with shape problems and any high end type of stuff. Well I have a SAT practice booklet so I'll see if I can...attempt some things.




I never took them.



Totally forget, upper 1400s if I remember, but my ACT score was better than my SAT on average.



PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453
 
Around the Network

I've always wondered, what's the max score you can get at this test?



"I don't understand how someone could like Tolstoy and Dostoyevsky, but not like Twilight!!!"

"Last book I read was Brokeback Mountain, I just don't have the patience for them unless it's softcore porn."

                                                                               (The Voice of a Generation and Seece)

"If you cant stand the sound of your own voice than dont become a singer !!!!!"

                                                                               (pizzahut451)

Wagram said:

I never took them.

Don't you need them to get into college?



"I don't understand how someone could like Tolstoy and Dostoyevsky, but not like Twilight!!!"

"Last book I read was Brokeback Mountain, I just don't have the patience for them unless it's softcore porn."

                                                                               (The Voice of a Generation and Seece)

"If you cant stand the sound of your own voice than dont become a singer !!!!!"

                                                                               (pizzahut451)

sapphi_snake said:
Wagram said:

I never took them.

Don't you need them to get into college?


For some yeah, especially the big schools. Mine didn't require them.



I guess it depends on what scale you're talking about.

 

On a 2400 scale, I got a 2050, I believe. On a 1600 scale, I got a 1440.

 

The PSAT's predicted I'd do awful. I sure showed them wrong! D<



tehsage said:

I guess it depends on what scale you're talking about.

 

On a 2400 scale, I got a 2050, I believe. On a 1600 scale, I got a 1440.

 

The PSAT's predicted I'd do awful. I sure showed them wrong! D<

And what subjects do you have to take at the exam?



"I don't understand how someone could like Tolstoy and Dostoyevsky, but not like Twilight!!!"

"Last book I read was Brokeback Mountain, I just don't have the patience for them unless it's softcore porn."

                                                                               (The Voice of a Generation and Seece)

"If you cant stand the sound of your own voice than dont become a singer !!!!!"

                                                                               (pizzahut451)