Quantcast
SOCOM 4: we are all citizens of the world police force. what happened?

Forums - Sony Discussion - SOCOM 4: we are all citizens of the world police force. what happened?

osamanobama said:
Krstorm said:

See, I have nothing against republicans or the US (America is a continent, not a country)

I just find it dumb that some seem to think the United States is the only country with actual freedom, which is false, most countries are free countries (except for Cuba, China and North Korea, and maybe a few other countries ran by nutjobs). Also I don't think the country in itself is not good, it's a great country! but going around saying "my country is superior, yours suck" is not patriotism, it's arrogance, and in "the leader of the free world" (the quotes don't mean sarcasm, mind you), the people should know better than that


the united states of America is commonly refeered to as America, many people call it that (infact america is not a continent, but north and south america are)

i never said any country sucks, just that america is best. some runner ups are israel and britain, and australia, as well as others..

but im a not republican, so i dont care.

im  a conservative with many libertarian beliefs

 

 

OMG! That is just hilarious.

 

Can somebody be banned for arrogance? I mean, he pretty much insulted 80% of the world population and he is allowed to get away with this?



Around the Network
osamanobama said:

okay this thread is about the impresions i am getting from SOCOM and its beta.

its title is US Navy SEALs, yet is seems more like some politically correct bullcrap, where they are afraid to promote american exectptionalism. first off it doesnt even seem to be US SEALs, i think they even say its a international NATO force.

what the hell is this. in the campain they seem to fight along with some foreign girl soldier and other foreigners. The SEALs are the elite of the elite, no force can touch them, not even close. they would not form some coalition with anybody especially a female soldier.

this game feels like its being politically correct, like we are not citizens of the United States, but rather Global citizens of the world, garbage.

Where's the heroic US navy SEALs being deployed risking their lives to save people they dont even know. that is what makes America the best country in the world, no game developer should be ashamed to make a game about that.

on another note. the beta is alright i have been playing with the move. it seems the window is to big, and i have to aim to far to the edges of the screen to turn, and i cant see where i can adjust it. buts its not bad controls, but could definitely be better, and wheres my screen center lock, i want it. 

it seems like multiplayer will be very hard to get good at, i die a lot, but still probably have positive KDR.

well thats my rant, what do you guys think of SOCOM 4?

All of that is so stupid

The game industry relies on using the USA in their games way to much, its just like how the WW2 genre has been overplayed.
The Navy Seals are not the best of the best, and every soldier serving in the world are risking their lives for people they dont know, that includes the Taliban, and nearly every other terrorist organization, because there is not one view on the world that eveyone follows.

I have been to the USA on several occasion, and coming from Australia, i think the USA is overcrowded, has very uneven living standards, and is generally a bit to pro-american. However, some places in the USA are beautiful, such as conneticut (if that is how you spell it).

But people like you are the reason why many people around the world stereotype Americans as stupid and ignorant.



Smart Men answer questions, Wise men ask questions.
Gamers play games, True Gamers support Gaming

so much fail in this thread xD

 



It's turned politcal, yay! I wanted to know more about Socom, guess i'll have to wait for the reviews. i have too many games right now anyway. As for politics, we are the greatest country, we have the lowest murder rate and crime, the best education system, free medical for everyone...oh wait, that's Sweden, or Japan, or.......



raygun said:

It's turned politcal, yay! I wanted to know more about Socom, guess i'll have to wait for the reviews. i have too many games right now anyway. As for politics, we are the greatest country, we have the lowest murder rate and crime, the best education system, free medical for everyone...oh wait, that's Sweden, or Japan, or.......


we do need to get govenment out of are education system. they pure billions into it, yet we have had no improvement in scores since the 60's



Around the Network
osamanobama said:
jonager said:

risking their live to save ppl they don't even know lol. what about ilegaly invading contries(irak)?


err... how was that illegal.

oh yeah it wasnt.

and i didnt realize that soldiers dicide where/who to attack defend?

could it be they dont.


invading other countries is legal? Since when?



ConnorJCP said:
osamanobama said:

okay this thread is about the impresions i am getting from SOCOM and its beta.

its title is US Navy SEALs, yet is seems more like some politically correct bullcrap, where they are afraid to promote american exectptionalism. first off it doesnt even seem to be US SEALs, i think they even say its a international NATO force.

what the hell is this. in the campain they seem to fight along with some foreign girl soldier and other foreigners. The SEALs are the elite of the elite, no force can touch them, not even close. they would not form some coalition with anybody especially a female soldier.

this game feels like its being politically correct, like we are not citizens of the United States, but rather Global citizens of the world, garbage.

Where's the heroic US navy SEALs being deployed risking their lives to save people they dont even know. that is what makes America the best country in the world, no game developer should be ashamed to make a game about that.

on another note. the beta is alright i have been playing with the move. it seems the window is to big, and i have to aim to far to the edges of the screen to turn, and i cant see where i can adjust it. buts its not bad controls, but could definitely be better, and wheres my screen center lock, i want it. 

it seems like multiplayer will be very hard to get good at, i die a lot, but still probably have positive KDR.

well thats my rant, what do you guys think of SOCOM 4?

All of that is so stupid

The game industry relies on using the USA in their games way to much, its just like how the WW2 genre has been overplayed.
The Navy Seals are not the best of the best, and every soldier serving in the world are risking their lives for people they dont know, that includes the Taliban, and nearly every other terrorist organization, because there is not one view on the world that eveyone follows.

I have been to the USA on several occasion, and coming from Australia, i think the USA is overcrowded, has very uneven living standards, and is generally a bit to pro-american. However, some places in the USA are beautiful, such as conneticut (if that is how you spell it).

But people like you are the reason why many people around the world stereotype Americans as stupid and ignorant.

Yes the seals are the best of the best. I have to disagree with you bringing the taliban and terrorist organization into the argument. I would say why I disagree,but I don't want to get into a whole big debate over it. There are more places in the world that are more overcrowed then the USA. I don't know what you mean about living standards. That could mean anything. While I agree that the OP is reading to much into something that's nothing more than a game,there's nothing wrong with being proud of your country. Of course America is pro-american. How is being proud of were you come form stupid and ignorant? I mean I could sterotype Australia and any other country,but I'm not going to do that. So,I also disagree with what the OP is saying,but for different reason's.



oldschoolfool said:
ConnorJCP said:
osamanobama said:

okay this thread is about the impresions i am getting from SOCOM and its beta.

its title is US Navy SEALs, yet is seems more like some politically correct bullcrap, where they are afraid to promote american exectptionalism. first off it doesnt even seem to be US SEALs, i think they even say its a international NATO force.

what the hell is this. in the campain they seem to fight along with some foreign girl soldier and other foreigners. The SEALs are the elite of the elite, no force can touch them, not even close. they would not form some coalition with anybody especially a female soldier.

this game feels like its being politically correct, like we are not citizens of the United States, but rather Global citizens of the world, garbage.

Where's the heroic US navy SEALs being deployed risking their lives to save people they dont even know. that is what makes America the best country in the world, no game developer should be ashamed to make a game about that.

on another note. the beta is alright i have been playing with the move. it seems the window is to big, and i have to aim to far to the edges of the screen to turn, and i cant see where i can adjust it. buts its not bad controls, but could definitely be better, and wheres my screen center lock, i want it. 

it seems like multiplayer will be very hard to get good at, i die a lot, but still probably have positive KDR.

well thats my rant, what do you guys think of SOCOM 4?

All of that is so stupid

The game industry relies on using the USA in their games way to much, its just like how the WW2 genre has been overplayed.
The Navy Seals are not the best of the best, and every soldier serving in the world are risking their lives for people they dont know, that includes the Taliban, and nearly every other terrorist organization, because there is not one view on the world that eveyone follows.

I have been to the USA on several occasion, and coming from Australia, i think the USA is overcrowded, has very uneven living standards, and is generally a bit to pro-american. However, some places in the USA are beautiful, such as conneticut (if that is how you spell it).

But people like you are the reason why many people around the world stereotype Americans as stupid and ignorant.

Yes the seals are the best of the best. I have to disagree with you bringing the taliban and terrorist organization into the argument. I would say why I disagree,but I don't want to get into a whole big debate over it. There are more places in the world that are more overcrowed then the USA. I don't know what you mean about living standards. That could mean anything. While I agree that the OP is reading to much into something that's nothing more than a game,there's nothing wrong with being proud of your country. Of course America is pro-american. How is being proud of were you come form stupid and ignorant? I mean I could sterotype Australia and any other country,but I'm not going to do that. So,I also disagree with what the OP is saying,but for different reason's.

thanks bro



I wonder what people would say if a german dude starts saying Germany is the best country in the world and the rest of the countries are not as good



Germany is the best country in the world and the rest of the countries are not as good. ;p

Someone Austrian would be better though ... where's Rol when you need him?!