Quantcast
Nintendo Power - Conduit 2 review

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Power - Conduit 2 review

Conegamer said:

I'll wait for more reviews I reckon. The text means more to me than the score anyway

Why? lol NintendoPower rated the first 8/10, and it got 69 on meta ...



 

Around the Network
dany612 said:

I want THE GRINDER! >.<


seconded



maybe HVS didnt really fix the issues, or maybe they fixed it and others cropped up, hence the "low"score



Killy_Vorkosigan said:
dany612 said:

I want THE GRINDER! >.<


seconded

Thirded :oD

We should see some impressive footage of The Grinder at this year's E3, the Quantum3 engine has come along in leaps and bounds since we last saw footage of it. I'm just hoping that they're going to change it from an FPS game into an FPB game similar to Red Steel 2. The Grinder being the bastard child of Left 4 Dead and Red Steel 2 has me salivating as I'm thinking about it lol. I emailed them a while back suggesting it but I'm not sure if a publisher will be willing to gamble on a new IP being MotionPlus exclusive.

I'm certainly looking forward to this year's E3 more than any other so far to see more of The Grinder as well as seeing what publishers have got coming up for the 3DS.



LordTheNightKnight said:
kitler53 said:

i meant both personally and in general.

I have two friends that played the game,...they both liked it a lot.

Here are 344 comments nearly all of which are cheering chinatown wars on

amazon reviews are glowing for both the ds and psp versions

that of course is very in line with ds and psp metacritic scores

i hate to derail this thread so i won't any further but your definition of good/bad word of mouth seems very subjective and easily influenced by whatever argument you are hoping to prove.

i like metacritic scores -- it is the absolute best way to remove as much subjectivity from and inheritly subjective task.


1. I meant in helping sales, which I agree is not the best use of that term. Sure people like Chinatown Wars, and it had better legs than its small openings, but the sale show it's a well liked niche game, instead of the mainstream games that the 3D games are.

2. Okay, listing the scores is technically objective (an opinion is subjective, but that someone has an opinion is an objective fact), but it still won't matter if the opinions of buyers differs, which is why I argued against the claim someone made here that reviews and gamer's opinions are the same. It's not just Nintendo systems which show that assumption is BS.

you're jump to "helping sales" seems a bit jarring when the root of this series of post is you asking uno to not let a review score influence his assessment of whether the conduit 2 is worth playing or not.

but anyways, i've thus far not read your thread about denouncing review scores (...not the way you put it but i can't remember the exact title atm).  i'll try reading that if i can find it but i'm doubtful i'll agree with you. xD



Around the Network
snowdog said:
Killy_Vorkosigan said:
dany612 said:

I want THE GRINDER! >.<


seconded

Thirded :oD

Fourthded!!



oniyide said:

maybe HVS didnt really fix the issues, or maybe they fixed it and others cropped up, hence the "low"score


Maybe it is an different reviewer, maybe it is an DS fanboy, maybe he grew up on Halo Reach...Who knows =p.



 

kitler53 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
kitler53 said:

i meant both personally and in general.

I have two friends that played the game,...they both liked it a lot.

Here are 344 comments nearly all of which are cheering chinatown wars on

amazon reviews are glowing for both the ds and psp versions

that of course is very in line with ds and psp metacritic scores

i hate to derail this thread so i won't any further but your definition of good/bad word of mouth seems very subjective and easily influenced by whatever argument you are hoping to prove.

i like metacritic scores -- it is the absolute best way to remove as much subjectivity from and inheritly subjective task.


1. I meant in helping sales, which I agree is not the best use of that term. Sure people like Chinatown Wars, and it had better legs than its small openings, but the sale show it's a well liked niche game, instead of the mainstream games that the 3D games are.

2. Okay, listing the scores is technically objective (an opinion is subjective, but that someone has an opinion is an objective fact), but it still won't matter if the opinions of buyers differs, which is why I argued against the claim someone made here that reviews and gamer's opinions are the same. It's not just Nintendo systems which show that assumption is BS.

you're jump to "helping sales" seems a bit jarring when the root of this series of post is you asking uno to not let a review score influence his assessment of whether the conduit 2 is worth playing or not.

but anyways, i've thus far not read your thread about denouncing review scores (...not the way you put it but i can't remember the exact title atm).  i'll try reading that if i can find it but i'm doubtful i'll agree with you. xD


How is it jarring? Did you think I meant reviews were "helping sales", when I clearly was responding to a comment that was about word-of-mouth?



A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

@snowdog  motionplus exclusive??? they dont have the balls to do that. but if they found some ill buy a copy and i dont even want the game

@ lost planet  we'll find out soon enough. why would a DS fanboy hate a Wii exclusive game?



I find the first one has better online as time goes on. Ill pick it up every few months and find myself addicted, the latest time I played for hours on end with smooth matches and not a single problem with glitching or connections. I'm not sure if anyone else is having similar experiences, but for me I am still having a blast with the first online!