Quantcast
Batman Arkham Asylum on 360 read the OP

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Batman Arkham Asylum on 360 read the OP

I was in Big W (aus retail chain) and it showed a 3D sticker and explaining about 360 on it.. now is this a mistake as I thought that Microsoft wasnt allowing it on their consoles yet or is this wrong? Apparently it needs glasses which it comes with.



 

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network

why wouldn't microsoft allow 3D on their consoles, there are several 3D games for the XBOX. like COD: Black Ops and Crysis 2 if i am not mistaken.

as far as i know Batman AA has the RED-BLUE glasses, but might as well support "proper" 3D like Enslaved did after the patch.



“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

They are allowing it, they're just not promoting it



its the Red-Blue 3D, its the same thing they use on Minecraft and the very old Sega 3D games, not the "Real" 3D



AussieGecko said:

I was in Big W (aus retail chain) and it showed a 3D sticker and explaining about 360 on it.. now is this a mistake as I thought that Microsoft wasnt allowing it on their consoles yet or is this wrong? Apparently it needs glasses which it comes with.


The game of the year edition comes with the retro style glasses and supports 3d. Its not stereoscopic though and can be switched off in-game.



Around the Network
Dr.Grass said:
AussieGecko said:

I was in Big W (aus retail chain) and it showed a 3D sticker and explaining about 360 on it.. now is this a mistake as I thought that Microsoft wasnt allowing it on their consoles yet or is this wrong? Apparently it needs glasses which it comes with.


The game of the year edition comes with the retro style glasses and supports 3d. Its not stereoscopic though and can be switched off in-game.


gah confusing can ms just support it or not, its shitting me. We all know it can do proper dvd and fable III on pc is having it, its finally time ms properly supported it and stopped letting sony use it as a selling point -.-



 

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

PullusPardus said:

its the Red-Blue 3D, its the same thing they use on Minecraft and the very old Sega 3D games, not the "Real" 3D


its stupid, the have to finally admit its here, they might be waiting for the non glasses 3d tvs to come mainstream before jumping on board maybe?



 

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

AussieGecko said:
PullusPardus said:

its the Red-Blue 3D, its the same thing they use on Minecraft and the very old Sega 3D games, not the "Real" 3D


its stupid, the have to finally admit its here, they might be waiting for the non glasses 3d tvs to come mainstream before jumping on board maybe?


they'll be waiting years for 3d tvs without glasses, the tech just isnt there yet

anyways, ya sony is pushing 3d tvs because they are one of the only manufacturers in the world that are making them. microsoft doesnt care about it, they dont have any investments in 3d. sure they can play in 3d but its better for them to wait until next console cycle as the space on blurays really gives sony the upper hand here

in short, why should they push 3d? they dont stand to make money, it would only cause them to do more work



cory.ok said:


they'll be waiting years for 3d tvs without glasses, the tech just isnt there yet

anyways, ya sony is pushing 3d tvs because they are one of the only manufacturers in the world that are making them. microsoft doesnt care about it, they dont have any investments in 3d. sure they can play in 3d but its better for them to wait until next console cycle as the space on blurays really gives sony the upper hand here

in short, why should they push 3d? they dont stand to make money, it would only cause them to do more work


Samsung has plenty released in australia and they arent exactly in a true partnership, dont think sony owns the tech at least. And with the MS/Samsung patent share agreement they would be helping their close friends in 3D.



 

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

AussieGecko said:
cory.ok said:


they'll be waiting years for 3d tvs without glasses, the tech just isnt there yet

anyways, ya sony is pushing 3d tvs because they are one of the only manufacturers in the world that are making them. microsoft doesnt care about it, they dont have any investments in 3d. sure they can play in 3d but its better for them to wait until next console cycle as the space on blurays really gives sony the upper hand here

in short, why should they push 3d? they dont stand to make money, it would only cause them to do more work


Samsung has plenty released in australia and they arent exactly in a true partnership, dont think sony owns the tech at least. And with the MS/Samsung patent share agreement they would be helping their close friends in 3D.


i didnt say sony is the only, but they are one of two or three major manufacturers of 3dtvs.

microsoft advertising 3d would help samsung... but also sony, not to mention that it wouldnt help microsoft at all. theres no gain for microsoft, theres gain for sony and samsung. samsung profits arent microsoft profits.

microsoft stands at no gain for advertising 3d, it would only cost them money. they already have billion dollar advertising campaigns going on, why would they waste more advertising dollars on something that they have nothing to gain from?