Quantcast
Microsoft's vision for PC gaming

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft's vision for PC gaming

Mr Puggsly said:
makingmusic476 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Misleading thread title is misleading.

This is a concept of how MS wants to appeal to casual gamers. Like the Facebook and Twitter audience. Saying this is MS's vision of PC gaming is how you say... utter bullshit.

Yes, because this is the collection of a casual gamer:

 

Also, was the insulting tone necessary?

Oh my! This changes everything.

Stupid me, I just focued casual crap like Farmville, the American Idol thing, some social interactivity, Bejeweled being played via Bing... and I thought MS was trying to appeal to a casual audience.

But they put icons of core games and some shooting action at the end. Clearly MS was trying to appeal to the savvy core audience when they made this...


Damage control at its finest. You jsut got called out and now you are trying to damage control the damage control. That is kind of funny.

OT:

What the fuck is this shit?



Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

 

Around the Network
vlad321 said:


Damage control at its finest. You jsut got called out and now you are trying to damage control the damage control. That is kind of funny.

OT:

What the fuck is this shit?

No, I'm serious. This is clearly a video intended to appeal to core gamers.

No doubt about it.



Recently Completed
Crackdown 3
for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I... can't... stop... laughing.....




Honestly when Ensemble closed I gave up on PC gaming. I mainly played AOE and StarCraft on PC prior to giving up. Now seeing this, man Microsoft your screwing up big time. Not to mention their obvious support for FaceBook plugging it throughout the trailer.

Main thing I like the X-Box and so do 52-million people, if you want to get gamers off their 360's and back onto PC's you have to offer something new. Avatar's are not going to improve anything on PC gaming or even casual's. Why have an avatar when you have a real picture of yourself on your profile.

Man I can't imagine having an avatar on FaceBook or MSN Messenger or anywhere actually. I'd much rather use my real picture for social media. Then FarmVille are you serious why would anyone use Windows to play a FaceBook game when they can play on FaceBook?

I find it funny that PC gaming has fallen so far that Microsoft is playing catch up to its own console (360) and competitors (Apple's) social network gaming.

Now if this is to market to the casual non-gamers, it won't work. Why? Because every casual will see FarmVille and FaceBook and think "Why the heck do I need a windows PC for this", hardcore gamers see that and go "What the ___". This video doesn't appeal to anyone as far as I see it.

Their is no place for avatar's on FaceBook, MSNMessenger or most if not all other functions which a PC carries out. Their is no need for Bing to play many puzzle games or FaceBook titles. Microsoft has nothing to gain from these additions, other then the ability to look really stupid!



-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

 

Mr Puggsly said:
vlad321 said:


Damage control at its finest. You jsut got called out and now you are trying to damage control the damage control. That is kind of funny.

OT:

What the fuck is this shit?

No, I'm serious. This is clearly a video intended to appeal to core gamers.

No doubt about it.

It's a gui and not much different than what they have on the X-box, it shows off ALL the utility of PC gaming which include community gaming, casual gaming, monetised content that PC gamer are used to having for free (re: DLC) and yes even core gaming. If you break it down, there is really nothing horrifying about it, it just looks retarded as hell to watch xD.




Around the Network

welcome to:

===== http://www.clothes6.org  ====

Air jordan(1-24)shoes $30

Handbags(Coach l v f e n d i d&g) $35

Tshirts (Polo ,ed hardy,lacoste) $15

Jean(True Religion,ed hardy,coogi) $30

Sunglasses(Oakey,coach,gucci,A r m a i n i) $15

New era cap $12

Bikini (Ed hardy,polo) $20



====== http://www.clothes6.org ====

====== http://www.clothes6.org ====

====== http://www.clothes6.org ====

====== http://www.clothes6.org ====

http://www.clothes6.org

====== http://www.clothes6.org ====



Pugsly is right it is clearly geared towards the casual audience, showing 5 seconds of a male avatar scrolling some core titles, when the other 5 minutes was a female avatar shopping for clothes, or a mom accepting a sheep on farmville does not make this MS vision for PC gaming.  If you want to discuss the topic atleast do it with a little class, Puglsy was right, the topic thread is misleading especially for a Mod created thread.

OT:  I hate that crap and I wish MS would move away from it.  I want quality core titles not the continued over evaluation of Zygna games that makes almost nothing in profit yet is valued in the billions.  Smart investors will see this for the bubble it is and short this once they go public.



well good luck to MS, they sink Millions into there games for windows live crap which they fought Pc gamers would pay for the limited service compared to xbox when there was an "Free" and "better" option in steam and fail. Then they will probably sink Millions into creating applications that bring the forced xbox stuff which i doubt many use and those who use it probably do because they are bored and its there and they are paying for it. 

Do i care: no 

Will it work: no 

What will be the end result: an tiny dent in MS wallet and an few people getting fired for suggesting such abominations,and MS repuation among pc gamers will sink to an low because PC gamers and gamers in general dont like it when things aren't the same as what they want, they dont care if that they dont want to play it, they hate it because they can. 

bing's an failure as well. Who uses bing???, Every feature bing had over google are now on google, so basically MS just helped improve google by sinking millions into an search engine. 



Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

mchaza said:

well good luck to MS, they sink Millions into there games for windows live crap which they fought Pc gamers would pay for the limited service compared to xbox when there was an "Free" and "better" option in steam and fail. Then they will probably sink Millions into creating applications that bring the forced xbox stuff which i doubt many use and those who use it probably do because they are bored and its there and they are paying for it. 

Do i care: no 

Will it work: no 

What will be the end result: an tiny dent in MS wallet and an few people getting fired for suggesting such abominations,and MS repuation among pc gamers will sink to an low because PC gamers and gamers in general dont like it when things aren't the same as what they want, they dont care if that they dont want to play it, they hate it because they can. 

bing's an failure as well. Who uses bing???, Every feature bing had over google are now on google, so basically MS just helped improve google by sinking millions into an search engine. 

Bing gaining share in the US: success rate much higher than Google

March 14, 2011 BingGoogleNews 1 Comment Bas van den Beld

We keep on asking for a competitor for Google. And all of our eyes are then focussed at Bing. So far in Europe we feel kind of left behind when it comes to Bing, even though they recently started moving towards European mainland by launching in France.

If we however look at the US as an example of what lies ahead we might see some interesting developments in the future. New numbers from Hitwise tell us that in February Google lost some market share, where Bing is gaining.

Google still takes up almost 67% of all searches in the US but Bing is closing in really slowly. Bing-powered search is now on 28.48 percent while Bing.com itself accounts for 13.5%. Count Yahoo with that (15%) and you see that Bing has got quite a nice market share going in the US. We have to take into account that many of Bing’s searches are not only on the Bing website but still they are doing well.

What is interesting is that Hitwise also looked at success rates: the searches which actually resulted in a click to a website, so not a search which was performed and then done again or in a different way because the searcher didn’t find the right link to click on. Here both Bing and Yahoo score a lot better than Google. More than 81% of searches ended up in a click on these engines, while on Google “only” 65.8% ended up in a click to a website.

This could indicate that Bing’s results are better, but it can also mean that Google provides more information on the result page itself.



I'm not really here!

Link: Shipment History Since 1995


scat398 said:

Pugsly is right it is clearly geared towards the casual audience, showing 5 seconds of a male avatar scrolling some core titles, when the other 5 minutes was a female avatar shopping for clothes, or a mom accepting a sheep on farmville does not make this MS vision for PC gaming.  If you want to discuss the topic atleast do it with a little class, Puglsy was right, the topic thread is misleading especially for a Mod created thread.

OT:  I hate that crap and I wish MS would move away from it.  I want quality core titles not the continued over evaluation of Zygna games that makes almost nothing in profit yet is valued in the billions.  Smart investors will see this for the bubble it is and short this once they go public.


How is it in any way misleading?  They're demonstrating a concept GUI that spans all GFWL games.  From Farmville to Metro 2033, it's all PC gaming.

Though Farmville, much like the previously mentioned Sins of a Solar Empire and Halo 3, is not a GFWL title.