Quantcast
IGN: Homefront Review

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN: Homefront Review

Chroniczaaa said:
ethomaz said:
AppleHater said:
It started with Reach. All gaming sites started to review games harshly starting with Reach not GT5.  Fable 3 and Fallout new vegas all got low review scores and they came out before GT5.

I dont know why you ps3 fanboys think IGN has some sort of  vendetta agianst ps3 and its games ? Maybe you should stop and realize that maybe the games got the score they so rightfully deserve? Because honestly Killzone 3 and GT5 were failures ( please dont result in a ban for saying the truth).

They got the reviews they deserve and their meta scores are basically the exact same thing as IGN scores so IGN is not agianst you guys.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL... kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

That's so funny.

1) IGN down your score system after GT5... all games (not just PS3) are receiving lower scores.
2) IGN has nothing against PS3... just lowered your score.
3) GT5 failure? LOL explain that for over 6 million satisfied users.
4) KZ3 failure? LOL one of the best multiplayer this gen.

LOL LOL LOL

Ill just support him for the heck of it... After I got to level 30 in GT5 the game downright sucked balls after that and wasn't really that fun in the first place come to think of it. Then I sold it to amazon for $37.50 as a simulator (sort of) it was good. As a game thats supposed to be fun to play it was bad.

So not all of those 6 million people who bought it enjoyed it. Ever heard of a trade-in?


gt5 is a great game. i do agree that it has lots of grinding, but thats just if you want to collect cars you can go threw the game with a lot less grinding if you just buy the cars you need to win races.

gt5 is fun to play for a car lover, looks like your not such a big one.



Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Around the Network

its really sad how offtopic this thread went. i agree that ps3 users are really whining, but really all the titles are being nitpicked. ive recently seen that its harder to get an 9 now then it was to get a 9.5 before. reviewers have their standers way uo high, and they remove points for minor things. from what ive seen gametrailers is still good but like every site they are a bit biased here and their especially to mature and popular franchise(looks at their pokemon review then at their da2 review).

lets say all the exclusives scheduled for the fall came out right now. other then the usual ps3 fans whining their will be wii fans, pc fans, 360 fans.......

overall reviewers are becoming more strict here and their. maybe that also has to do with recent sites being accepted into meta.



Being in 3rd place never felt so good

zgamer5 said:

its really sad how offtopic this thread went. i agree that ps3 users are really whining, but really all the titles are being nitpicked. ive recently seen that its harder to get an 9 now then it was to get a 9.5 before. reviewers have their standers way uo high, and they remove points for minor things. from what ive seen gametrailers is still good but like every site they are a bit biased here and their especially to mature and popular franchise(looks at their pokemon review then at their da2 review).

lets say all the exclusives scheduled for the fall came out right now. other then the usual ps3 fans whining their will be wii fans, pc fans, 360 fans.......

overall reviewers are becoming more strict here and their. maybe that also has to do with recent sites being accepted into meta.

I agree. The scores are a bit lower now.



ethomaz said:
zgamer5 said:

its really sad how offtopic this thread went. i agree that ps3 users are really whining, but really all the titles are being nitpicked. ive recently seen that its harder to get an 9 now then it was to get a 9.5 before. reviewers have their standers way uo high, and they remove points for minor things. from what ive seen gametrailers is still good but like every site they are a bit biased here and their especially to mature and popular franchise(looks at their pokemon review then at their da2 review).

lets say all the exclusives scheduled for the fall came out right now. other then the usual ps3 fans whining their will be wii fans, pc fans, 360 fans.......

overall reviewers are becoming more strict here and their. maybe that also has to do with recent sites being accepted into meta.

I agree. The scores are a bit lower now.


not just a bit. theyr lower by a lot. reviewers used to look at a game and treat it as it is. now they do countless comparisions, and rate it down if its not innovative.



Being in 3rd place never felt so good

zgamer5 said:
Chroniczaaa said:
ethomaz said:
AppleHater said:
It started with Reach. All gaming sites started to review games harshly starting with Reach not GT5.  Fable 3 and Fallout new vegas all got low review scores and they came out before GT5.

I dont know why you ps3 fanboys think IGN has some sort of  vendetta agianst ps3 and its games ? Maybe you should stop and realize that maybe the games got the score they so rightfully deserve? Because honestly Killzone 3 and GT5 were failures ( please dont result in a ban for saying the truth).

They got the reviews they deserve and their meta scores are basically the exact same thing as IGN scores so IGN is not agianst you guys.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL... kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

That's so funny.

1) IGN down your score system after GT5... all games (not just PS3) are receiving lower scores.
2) IGN has nothing against PS3... just lowered your score.
3) GT5 failure? LOL explain that for over 6 million satisfied users.
4) KZ3 failure? LOL one of the best multiplayer this gen.

LOL LOL LOL

Ill just support him for the heck of it... After I got to level 30 in GT5 the game downright sucked balls after that and wasn't really that fun in the first place come to think of it. Then I sold it to amazon for $37.50 as a simulator (sort of) it was good. As a game thats supposed to be fun to play it was bad.

So not all of those 6 million people who bought it enjoyed it. Ever heard of a trade-in?


gt5 is a great game. i do agree that it has lots of grinding, but thats just if you want to collect cars you can go threw the game with a lot less grinding if you just buy the cars you need to win races.

gt5 is fun to play for a car lover, looks like your not such a big one.

It was a great game for a car lover. especially since you couldn't change the gear ratios on your cars UNTIL an update. I wanted to experience the 24hour la sarthe and 24 hour nurburgring but nooooo i have to grind for about 400 hours of my life to actually get to those races, fuck that.



"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

Around the Network

I Bought this game, but not eclusively for the gameplay. I also loved how the storyline looked and the rest is basically Call of Duty but a bit better. Why don't they give such a low score to COD games for graphics?