Quantcast
The Official NPD Feb 2011 Thread (Data in 4 hrs for 4 weeks ending Feb 26)

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official NPD Feb 2011 Thread (Data in 4 hrs for 4 weeks ending Feb 26)

Acevil said:
NYANKS said:
Acevil said:
psrock said:

It's amazing how well the 360 is doing in the US. They basicly took the market from the Wii.


Finishes full circle, Nintendo took the market from Sony, now Microsoft takes the market from Nintendo (Yearly, actually might not be a close tie between the two). So now if only Sony could take the market from Microsoft. 

Given I have to congratulate microsoft not on marketshare (that thing should be secondary objective), and making the xbox360 brand profitable, and in time the whole 360 project will be in the green. Not many companies can comeback from digging themselves into that big of a hole. Only few select can accomplish such great task. 

Yes, very few, namely the ones most with the most bills playa lmao.

Totally agreed, that microsoft warchest helped, but I don't think as a company microsoft would have released another console (the one after the 360), if the 360 would never be profitable. 

I guess it depends how they view Sony's impact on the market and if they still see them as a "threat" or whatever. I don't think they would hesitate to keep going even if they lost money again.  But who knows lol



Around the Network
postofficebuddy said:

Curious to see Nintendo and Sony numbers. Greenberg didn't mention that 360 was the only one to see YOY growth like he did last month.


Wii defintly wont be up YoY, it will be around the 250K mark, PS3 most likely 350K plus



Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Seece said:

"@NPD reports that Xbox 360 was #1 again in Feb w/ 535K sold, biggest non-holiday month ever, up 27% YOY"

360 undertracked 50k.


WOW!  So many thought VGC's staff was overtracking and called them out for it repeatedly.  The mature thing would be to apologize, but even some professionals don't do that.  Still, I'm trusting their 360 numbers more and more.

Wonder if Kinect is undertracked too ...



NYANKS said:

I guess it depends how they view Sony's impact on the market and if they still see them as a "threat" or whatever. I don't think they would hesitate to keep going even if they lost money again.  But who knows lol


Nah, now the threat isn't Sony Gaming Devices, it is more Apple and Google, with the capitalization of the Smartphone OS market. 



 

Acevil said:
NYANKS said:

I guess it depends how they view Sony's impact on the market and if they still see them as a "threat" or whatever. I don't think they would hesitate to keep going even if they lost money again.  But who knows lol


Nah, now the threat isn't Sony Gaming Devices, it is more Apple and Google, with the capitalization of the Smartphone OS market. 

Sony's alliance with Google shall grow.....Muahahaha



Around the Network
TheSource said:

My gut says there is a decent chance either Wii or PS3 beat X360 this month, but we'll have to see.


It must have been that left over Pizza you eat the other night.

http://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/45968421069914113



Nsanity said:
TheSource said:

My gut says there is a decent chance either Wii or PS3 beat X360 this month, but we'll have to see.


It must have been that left over Pizza you eat the other night.

http://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/45968421069914113


In your face The Source for having a gut feeling. 



 Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Nsanity said:
TheSource said:

My gut says there is a decent chance either Wii or PS3 beat X360 this month, but we'll have to see.


It must have been that left over Pizza you eat the other night.

http://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/45968421069914113


I still puzzled why a senior member of the team here, who actually helps with the numbers (I think), has a gut geeling that his own numbers are wrong?  very odd indeed.



I'm not really here!

Link: Shipment History Since 1995


NYANKS said:
Acevil said:
NYANKS said:

I guess it depends how they view Sony's impact on the market and if they still see them as a "threat" or whatever. I don't think they would hesitate to keep going even if they lost money again.  But who knows lol


Nah, now the threat isn't Sony Gaming Devices, it is more Apple and Google, with the capitalization of the Smartphone OS market. 

Sony's alliance with Google shall grow.....Muahahaha

Perosnally if you are in the Android market, HTC and Samsung seems to be the way to go (If you don't count the Nexus S). Now we are way off topic. 



 

kowenicki said:
Nsanity said:
TheSource said:

My gut says there is a decent chance either Wii or PS3 beat X360 this month, but we'll have to see.


It must have been that left over Pizza you eat the other night.

http://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/45968421069914113


I still puzzled why a senior member of the team here, who actually helps with the numbers (I think), has a gut geeling that his own numbers are wrong?  very odd indeed.

Oh be quiet, NPD and vgchartz have always been diiferent, the point of this site has never been to match NPD numbers at all, knowing NPD changes numbers all the tmes when they adjust. He was trying to guess NPD numbers, not VGchartz. 



 Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)