Quantcast
Mario games are 12 for 12 this gen -- All million-sellers

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario games are 12 for 12 this gen -- All million-sellers

Hopefully this won't reopen the old argument, but I didn't want to start a new thread just to point out that:

Mario Party DS has sold 2.24 million. The original Mario Party sold 2.70 million. If MPDS passes it, which it appears it will easily, then Mario Party 8 and Mario Party DS (the 9th and 10th games in the series), will be the two best-selling editions yet.

W
T
F
?



"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Around the Network
-Edge- said:
endurance said:
Soriku said:
We need a new Mega Man with a complex story. Turn it into DMC just with Mega Man stuff and elements.

i dont think thats would be such a good idea


 megaman was gay to start with, I hope they just make a few more games to suck up money on the DS maybe one console and then end it.

Your existence was gay to start with, I hope you suck up a few more posts and get banned.

Sorry, had to do it. I'll be damned if Mega Man becomes the next Mario Sunshine/FFXII/Sonic bash fetish orgy of this board. If people are going to make moronic replies like that I'm just going to start treating them the same.

Yeah, but those were all very minor changes in my opinion. Collecting the armor awasn't that big of a deal honestly.

Actually they were far from minor. Things like the dash and wall climb, armor that gave you brand new abilities, and multiple characters added a dynamic the classic series has never seen.

 



Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Wii Code (NTSC): 8319 5826 5461 1313     Brawl Code (Claud): 5284-1064-4130

Erik Aston said:
Hopefully this won't reopen the old argument, but I didn't want to start a new thread just to point out that:

Mario Party DS has sold 2.24 million. The original Mario Party sold 2.70 million. If MPDS passes it, which it appears it will easily, then Mario Party 8 and Mario Party DS (the 9th and 10th games in the series), will be the two best-selling editions yet.

W
T
F
?

 Because the 9th and 10th editions of the game came out on consoles that that lend themselves to well to both new types of interaction and mulitplaying.

 

I mean really, the first 8 iterations were based around mashing A and B really fast. It'd be a problem if these two games didn't blow the others away in sales. 



I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

I blame Wii Fiit!



-Edge- said:
endurance said:
Soriku said:
We need a new Mega Man with a complex story. Turn it into DMC just with Mega Man stuff and elements.

i dont think thats would be such a good idea


 megaman was gay to start with, I hope they just make a few more games to suck up money on the DS maybe one console and then end it.


I don't get it...

why do you think that megaman was gay?

if megaman were gay, what would be the problem?



 1   2   3  not only you and me.

Livin' in sin is the new thing.

                         

Around the Network

Mario may not be the most overused character, but he's the most JUSTIFIED to be overused.



A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

stof said:

 Because the 9th and 10th editions of the game came out on consoles that that lend themselves to well to both new types of interaction and mulitplaying.

 

I mean really, the first 8 iterations were based around mashing A and B really fast. It'd be a problem if these two games didn't blow the others away in sales. 


Hindsight is 20/20. While plenty of people expected Mario Party to do well on Wii and DS, I don't recall anyone predicting the Wii version would sell 5 million copies or the DS version 3.5 million, which both look like great bets right now. Especially the DS version, where one would think the "party" aspect wouldn't play so well.



"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

I agree with Final Fan, and Stof and Sam Cooke Live.



Cool that you mention that, never thought of it like that



LordTheNightKnight said:
Mario may not be the most overused character, but he's the most JUSTIFIED to be overused.

yeah anything with mario in it sells



tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"