Quantcast
Where will de Blob 2 sell best???

Forums - Sales Discussion - Where will de Blob 2 sell best???

Where will de Blob 2 sell best???

On The Wii! 122 57.01%
 
On the PS3! 19 8.88%
 
On the Xbox360! 18 8.41%
 
It won't sell well! 33 15.42%
 
Who cares! 22 10.28%
 
Total:214

So people know, it was launch day today in the UK.

I went into Gamestation to pick up my copy and they said they weren't stocking it, and it isn't in Tesco yet...

On any platform



 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

While thinking about your opinion about the blob going multiplat listen to this AWESOME song, thank you.



Uh, are you serious? Of course on Wii.

I bet hd-owners don't care about this game at all.



I'd go with Wii. On the side note, I didn't like the first game, but only a handful of reasons made it so. I assume they would have fixed those things here.



blunty51 said:

I'd go with Wii. On the side note, I didn't like the first game, but only a handful of reasons made it so. I assume they would have fixed those things here.

I agree, IF I could find it (seriously, nowhere stocks it), I would buy it

Guess its K:EY then eh?

And awesime song!



 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

It seems I have confused games, I though de Blob was that game A boy and his Blob. Yay!



Above: still the best game of the year.

Conegamer said:
blunty51 said:

I'd go with Wii. On the side note, I didn't like the first game, but only a handful of reasons made it so. I assume they would have fixed those things here.

I agree, IF I could find it (seriously, nowhere stocks it), I would buy it

Guess its K:EY then eh?

And awesime song!

I must be getting old...I don't understand what you just said!

Anyway, I have a copy here caked in dust I would have given you if you were like 5 mins away or something

edit: ohhh kirby epic yarn right right...



blunty51 said:
Conegamer said:
blunty51 said:

I'd go with Wii. On the side note, I didn't like the first game, but only a handful of reasons made it so. I assume they would have fixed those things here.

I agree, IF I could find it (seriously, nowhere stocks it), I would buy it

Guess its K:EY then eh?

And awesime song!

I must be getting old...I don't understand what you just said!

Anyway, I have a copy here caked in dust I would have given you if you were like 5 mins away or something

edit: ohhh kirby epic yarn right right...

Yep, Kirby's Epic Yarn

It was released on the same day here in Europe



 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Seems gamestops around here don't even stock it for Wii, just PS3/360. I asked and got the "not sure if it's coming out for Wii" answer. Oh well, gamestop strikes again.



Going by reviews, de Blob 2 is merely a mission pack to the first game. The only addition are some 2D platforming segments (how innovative!), but aside from that everything is the same. You experience all types of missions in the first level of the game and everything that follows are variations of those. Instead of buying de Blob 2, most people could simply choose to finally finish the first game, because the differences are so miniscule.

It doesn't help de Blob 2 that the interest in such games as retail versions is generally very low on the HD consoles (second rate game syndrome) and on the Wii, the platformer competition has increased tremendously since de Blob 1 was released. Worse, in Europe Kirby: Epic Yarn released on the same day and is better advertised on top of being the vastly superior game.

Considering all those factors the question isn't so much where will de Blob 2 sell best, but rather where will it bomb less hard. The answer to that is Wii.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club