Piracy killing the PC? People who actually know something about PC gaming say hello. PC gaming is by far the healthiest gaming platform around. While tons of cosnole studios are going out of buisenss... all of the PC guys are doing great. The difference is really, PC represents a stable and better infrastructure and buisness practice.
As for the PSP... ever think that instead of artificially decreasing PSP software sales, piracy actually artificially INCREASED PSP sales because a lot of people who would of never bought PSP games bought PSPS.
1. I mean, I know tons of people with PSPs who don't even play PSP games on the system. They hack em and use em as portable SNES/Sega Gensesis consoles.
2. Which, unless those PSPs were sold at a loss... again is helping the industry. Some people who pirate 100% are hurting the industry sure, but that's a very small amount in comparison to most pirates who seem to be of the "I pirate some stuff and buy other" variety... and even then of the 100% pirate... most of them appear to be of the "couldn't afford it anyway" group. In which case, nothing is being hurt really, and if anything it's maintaining that interest until they one day do have money.
3. It's why Microsoft's buisness policy with their PC software is "Don't pirate, but if you do, pirate us!" If you pirate MLB the Show for 3-4 years, when you get out of college and get a job, chances are you are going to buy a PS3 and also.... MLB the Show.
4. There are very very few "willing pirates." That is people who just want stuff for free no matter what. To people who are like that, well yeah, fuck em. However, that's not really the vast majority of pirates, nor likely even the vast majority of people in this thread or anywhere.
1. and i know tons of people who cant afford to buy psp games but bought psps anyways coz they hacked their psps to hell and download all the games they want, pirate style
2. very true, as i said, i know a ton of people who bought psps and just priated the game. if the psps were not hacked to hell, none of them would have bought psps so, yeah no lost software sales. on the positive side, they made sony some money by buying the hardware.
3. maybe, mabye not. thee are a lot of bastards out there who, even though they can afford it, wont spend a dime on things that they can get free even if it means priateing shit. like, instead of going to the movies, they'd just go out and buy a bootleg dvd copy of the movie for 1/10 the price of a movie ticket. their reasoning? why pay for anything full price when i can get it dirt cheap or beter yet, for free. the good thing this, this "ton of peope" is nothing compared to the volume of people who do not pirate.
4. there are many actually when just looking at the numbers. but when compared to the entire population of decent people, they barely matter.