Quantcast
Confirmed: Mirror's Edge 2 is cancelled

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Confirmed: Mirror's Edge 2 is cancelled

Darth Tigris said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:


Constantly doing that motion would get really old and tiring really fast, how would you inch up to an edge?  How would you turn and turn around effectively?  How would you effectively time your jumps with the inherent lag of Kinect? This isn't ripping apart your idea it's real questions on how this would work in practice.  

Playing the first mirrors edge was all about precise jumps from placement to timing.

Those are things that would get worked out during the design phase.

This is exactly what I was getting at when I said this isn't my profession.  EVERY idea is going to have limitations, and a good design team finds ways through or around those limitations to come up with something that works.  The things you mentioned are not reasons to NOT go this route but instead concerns that need solution ideas.

The real question should be if what I came up with is conceptually interesting.  If so, can I at least get hi five?


And there's a crap load of games that get canned because the concepts don't work... with Mirrors Edge on the Kinect unless it was on rails or had you holding a controller, there would be no reliable way to get movement in a 3D space down, this is why the best games on Kinect are stationary or it moves for you, cause those sorts of control aren't it's thing.



MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:

Darth Tigris said:

Those are things that would get worked out during the design phase.

This is exactly what I was getting at when I said this isn't my profession.  EVERY idea is going to have limitations, and a good design team finds ways through or around those limitations to come up with something that works.  The things you mentioned are not reasons to NOT go this route but instead concerns that need solution ideas.

The real question should be if what I came up with is conceptually interesting.  If so, can I at least get hi five?


And there's a crap load of games that get canned because the concepts don't work... with Mirrors Edge on the Kinect unless it was on rails or had you holding a controller, there would be no reliable way to get movement in a 3D space down, this is why the best games on Kinect are stationary or it moves for you, cause those sorts of control aren't it's thing.

Do you KNOW that as a FACT?  Have you and a design team brainstormed on different ways to do it, implemented them in a dev system and tested them out thoroughly?





I'm not sad. It was a poor game and I didn't like the design or the atmosphere at all.

Besides I want DICE to dedicate all their staff to the Battlefield series. BF3 is going to be so incredible.



Darth Tigris said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

Darth Tigris said:

Those are things that would get worked out during the design phase.

This is exactly what I was getting at when I said this isn't my profession.  EVERY idea is going to have limitations, and a good design team finds ways through or around those limitations to come up with something that works.  The things you mentioned are not reasons to NOT go this route but instead concerns that need solution ideas.

The real question should be if what I came up with is conceptually interesting.  If so, can I at least get hi five?


And there's a crap load of games that get canned because the concepts don't work... with Mirrors Edge on the Kinect unless it was on rails or had you holding a controller, there would be no reliable way to get movement in a 3D space down, this is why the best games on Kinect are stationary or it moves for you, cause those sorts of control aren't it's thing.

Do you KNOW that as a FACT?  Have you and a design team brainstormed on different ways to do it, implemented them in a dev system and tested them out thoroughly?


That's totally why there's going to be a non on rails Gears of War on Kinect! Oh wait  



MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Darth Tigris said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

Darth Tigris said:

Those are things that would get worked out during the design phase.

This is exactly what I was getting at when I said this isn't my profession.  EVERY idea is going to have limitations, and a good design team finds ways through or around those limitations to come up with something that works.  The things you mentioned are not reasons to NOT go this route but instead concerns that need solution ideas.

The real question should be if what I came up with is conceptually interesting.  If so, can I at least get hi five?


And there's a crap load of games that get canned because the concepts don't work... with Mirrors Edge on the Kinect unless it was on rails or had you holding a controller, there would be no reliable way to get movement in a 3D space down, this is why the best games on Kinect are stationary or it moves for you, cause those sorts of control aren't it's thing.

Do you KNOW that as a FACT?  Have you and a design team brainstormed on different ways to do it, implemented them in a dev system and tested them out thoroughly?


That's totally why there's going to be a non on rails Gears of War on Kinect! Oh wait  

You know, for a mod, you're not really setting a good example ...



Darth Tigris said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Darth Tigris said:

Do you KNOW that as a FACT?  Have you and a design team brainstormed on different ways to do it, implemented them in a dev system and tested them out thoroughly?


That's totally why there's going to be a non on rails Gears of War on Kinect! Oh wait  

You know, for a mod, you're not really setting a good example ...


How so?   Stating the obvious and cracking jokes about it? Sorry if that's abbrasive to you, if you just discussed it and made some counter points, like examples of any camera based game that has a reliable set up to move around in 3D space that would prove me wrong right there, and if you don't have that, theorize ways to fix it. Honestly I say this to my friends all the time, Kinect would be an amazing set up if they had something like a wireless nunchuck to go with it, give you a control stick for movement and a trigger for your FPS games and it'd be really fun, just like the Kinect hack that worked with the Wii remote.

I really don't see why you're upset.



MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Darth Tigris said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Darth Tigris said:

Do you KNOW that as a FACT?  Have you and a design team brainstormed on different ways to do it, implemented them in a dev system and tested them out thoroughly?


That's totally why there's going to be a non on rails Gears of War on Kinect! Oh wait  

You know, for a mod, you're not really setting a good example ...


How so?   Stating the obvious and cracking jokes about it? Sorry if that's abbrasive to you, if you just discussed it and made some counter points, like examples of any camera based game that has a reliable set up to move around in 3D space that would prove me wrong right there, and if you don't have that, theorize ways to fix it. Honestly I say this to my friends all the time, Kinect would be an amazing set up if they had something like a wireless nunchuck to go with it, give you a control stick for movement and a trigger for your FPS games and it'd be really fun, just like the Kinect hack that worked with the Wii remote.

I really don't see why you're upset.

Because you don't want to have an open and honest discussion about it.  You condemned Kinect by going on and on about what can't be done by it.  And when confronted with the reality that you are not a developer with a team of talented and creative people that have put Kinect through the paces, you responded with jokes about a rumored game.

You're acting like a troll and, as a mod for this community, that sets an awful precedent for what is acceptable around here.  To be honest, I'm not upset.  Just somewhat disappointed . . .



Damn, i loved the first game beat it 5 times.



 

   PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

 

boo -  that totally sucks.