Quantcast
Sega: NGP will succeed, PSP didn't fail

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sega: NGP will succeed, PSP didn't fail

Squilliam said:
ssj12 said:
Squilliam said:
ssj12 said:
Squilliam said:

I just want to correct, third best selling handheld. Sheesh people like to act as if there isn't another company with a few fingers on the market.

"iOS gamers on their iPhones, iPod touches and iPads account for a hefty 40.1 million of the estimated 77 million Americans who do mobile gaming. Sony’s PSP accounts for a mere 18 million mobile gamers. Nintendo’s DS family of portable gaming devices account for 41 million gamers (some overlap exists naturally of course). With Apple’s iOS clocking in at less than 1 million less gamers than the Nintendo DS, it has nearly caught up. "

"In European markets, the Nintendo DS family holds a much more comfortable lead over iOS. However, the PSP is behind iOS in the UK, Germany, France, the Netherlands and Belgium."

http://blog.wirelessground.com/apples-ios-passes-sonys-psp/

It is possible that Sony will never catch up.

umm... cell phone games are mobile games, not handheld. Different market. Apple might say stuff like "we  are apart of the handheld market" but they aren't. They are the same market as my Droid, my old LG Dare, my dad's Razer, and whatever that free pos my mom has. Even though we haven't review any games, from my knowledge, all iPhone, Droid etc goes under mobile reviews, not handheld. Every video game website has cell phone games under mobile.

If iTouch, iPhone and iPad aren't handhelds then the PSP isn't either.


The Ipod is made to be centrally MP3 players, iPhone a phone, and iPad a tablet PC trying to revive a dead type of productivity PC. The PSP's cental focus has always been its gaming abilities.

Central alongside its media playback. Unless of course you forgot that they also sold movies for the PSP as well? You're just trying to make it seem as if Sony didn't have it's portable lunch eaten by Apple yet again. I mean this is understandable, why else isn't the PS3's sales figures generally compared directly to the Wii 1:1? Its all an epeen defense mechanism.

 

im basing everything off what the entire game industry considers iOS games, which are mobile games.



PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453
 
Around the Network

Because it wasn't a failure.  Just because it didn't keep up with DS doesn't mean it failed.  If you want a failure, look at the PSP GO...sales are horrid for that thing, now that was a failure.



Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Baalzamon said:

Because it wasn't a failure.  Just because it didn't keep up with DS doesn't mean it failed.  If you want a failure, look at the PSP GO...sales are horrid for that thing, now that was a failure.


being outsold by 80M units when Sony boldly predicted a win initially would constitute a failure in my book.  C'mon did PSP ever make money for Sony or any of the 3rd parties?



oni-link said:
Baalzamon said:

Because it wasn't a failure.  Just because it didn't keep up with DS doesn't mean it failed.  If you want a failure, look at the PSP GO...sales are horrid for that thing, now that was a failure.


being outsold by 80M units when Sony boldly predicted a win initially would constitute a failure in my book.  C'mon did PSP ever make money for Sony or any of the 3rd parties?


Really? Did you even read the OP.? LOL

"I would disagree on the point that PSP failed," he said. "For those of us that embraced the portable platform from the beginning we had a very successful and profitable run."



ssj12 said:
Squilliam said:

Central alongside its media playback. Unless of course you forgot that they also sold movies for the PSP as well? You're just trying to make it seem as if Sony didn't have it's portable lunch eaten by Apple yet again. I mean this is understandable, why else isn't the PS3's sales figures generally compared directly to the Wii 1:1? Its all an epeen defense mechanism.

 

im basing everything off what the entire game industry considers iOS games, which are mobile games.

Still, pwned is owned by another name.



Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
ssj12 said:
Squilliam said:

Central alongside its media playback. Unless of course you forgot that they also sold movies for the PSP as well? You're just trying to make it seem as if Sony didn't have it's portable lunch eaten by Apple yet again. I mean this is understandable, why else isn't the PS3's sales figures generally compared directly to the Wii 1:1? Its all an epeen defense mechanism.

 

im basing everything off what the entire game industry considers iOS games, which are mobile games.

Still, pwned is owned by another name.

you cannot pwn the entire game industry that reviews, reports, and views iOS games as MOBILE GAMES. You sir cannot change the view or opinion of the industry. You fail because you don't want to admit that all games on cell phones, MP3 players, and horrid excuses for a tablet PC (when tablets 10 years ago were faster and more reliable) do not consider a mobile game apart of the mobile platform of games. You sir probably think that a 360 title is a handheld game, or a PC game is a console game. Or hell, Dragon's Lair for DVD is a console game when its a TV game.

Get your platforms straight.

 

 

 

And you sir, were owned.



PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453
 
oni-link said:

I actually expect 3DS to sell 30M units by the end of 2011!!! C'mon this will sell like Sodas to the average teenager; with it's cool factor 3D sans glasses!

Are you kidding me? 30 Million won't even be made by the start of 2012.



NoCtiS_NoX said:
oni-link said:
Baalzamon said:

Because it wasn't a failure.  Just because it didn't keep up with DS doesn't mean it failed.  If you want a failure, look at the PSP GO...sales are horrid for that thing, now that was a failure.


being outsold by 80M units when Sony boldly predicted a win initially would constitute a failure in my book.  C'mon did PSP ever make money for Sony or any of the 3rd parties?


Really? Did you even read the OP.? LOL

"I would disagree on the point that PSP failed," he said. "For those of us that embraced the portable platform from the beginning we had a very successful and profitable run."

To be honest, whether or not something gets beat by 80 million has absolutely no effect on whether or not companies make money on the product.  In regards to developers, they specifically stated it has been profitable.  I also highly doubt Sony was losing money on the PSP, other than at the beginning, so that would indicate they have 10's of millions of PSP's that they have made profit on.  Whether or not these cover any and all costs from the beginning isn't known, but I wouldn't dare act as if nobody has made money on it.



Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Looks like a great system.Day one purchase for me



End of 2016 prediction

PS4:43M-46M

XBONE:28M-33M

oni-link said:
Baalzamon said:

Because it wasn't a failure.  Just because it didn't keep up with DS doesn't mean it failed.  If you want a failure, look at the PSP GO...sales are horrid for that thing, now that was a failure.


being outsold by 80M units when Sony boldly predicted a win initially would constitute a failure in my book.  C'mon did PSP ever make money for Sony or any of the 3rd parties?

The first page in this thread has sega stating it made them a substantial profit...