Quantcast
3DS preordered and paid in full, who else is with me?

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS preordered and paid in full, who else is with me?

3DS will take you to hell I hope you all realize that.



Around the Network
Azelover said:

3DS will take you to hell I hope you all realize that.


But in 3D...



Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

bmmb1 said:
Azelover said:

3DS will take you to hell I hope you all realize that.


But in 3D...


This world is already 3D.



paid in full cosmo black! not sure if i'm going to get any launch games yet....might get pilot wings, but def want zelda




bmmb1 said:
NightDragon83 said:

Question for all those who are planning to pick up a 3DS on day one... which "killer app" Nintendo launch title are you looking forward to paying nearly $300 for (game system) the most?

A: Nintendogs & Cats

B: Pilotwings Resort, aka a glorified version of the flying minigame from Wii Sports Resort

C: Steel Diver

D: I'm buying it day one just so that I can wait a few more months to play 3D versions of N64 games that I mostl likely already own and have played through multiple times.

Well, it's $249 in the US, and for me it's

E: I'm getting it day one since -

1. I want some of the Launch Window (as opposed to Launch day) games

2. No way this price is going to change within the Launch Window period

3. This way I make sure that when I want it a month or so later it is not going to be sold out.

4. In the mean time I have the Augmented Reality games, the demos and the 3d camera to play with, not to mention 999 and probably Pokemon B/W that I am going to buy for this (I don't have a DS).

 

Worst case scenario - it is not sold out and it is possible to get it somewhere for $239 between end March and June. Even in that case what have I gained by not making it day 1? Nothing much except delay starting to play with it.

huge ditto.  only launch game which i found out is not a luanch game in america i want is professor layton

so i'll be waiting for the launch window games to come out.

and same reasoning, by the time these games come out there is ZERO chance price will be lower, and BIG chance that finding a 3DS may be hard if not impossible.  

I'm sure for a while i'll just be playign my ds games on this, while looking at demoes and stuf and showing others demoes.  i am 100% sure that i will not regret this purchase, and like i said by the time there is amazing games and enough of them to make some think a purchase is warranted i guarantee you that hte price is still $250



Around the Network

Hmm... don't know about the 3DS but I got my NGP preordered and paid in full

Yep, all $1000



posting

Preordered mine from Dick Smiths online in Australia for $298 WITH a free Ubisoft game - fucking epic deal!!!


Thinking I might preorder a second one from a different store, just for Ebay purposes, or maybe as a sealed 1st run collectors item.



“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

bmmb1 said:

Worst case scenario - it is not sold out

wat



“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

megaman79 said:
bmmb1 said:

Worst case scenario - it is not sold out

wat


way to pick and choose.  You should make commercials.  Here's IGN's comment. 
"Killzone 3 is the best game of the year, if you ignore all its faults, which there are many"

 

Commercial  IGN says "killzone 3 is the best game of the year..."

above hypothetical and nothing to do with killzone or ign

He says he is buying it now even though no games.  He is saying worse case scenerio is taht when games come out he wants teh system is CHEAPER and still available in stores.  Thus he could have waited to get the system at a cheaper price. 



irstupid said:
bmmb1 said:
NightDragon83 said:

Question for all those who are planning to pick up a 3DS on day one... which "killer app" Nintendo launch title are you looking forward to paying nearly $300 for (game system) the most?

A: Nintendogs & Cats

B: Pilotwings Resort, aka a glorified version of the flying minigame from Wii Sports Resort

C: Steel Diver

D: I'm buying it day one just so that I can wait a few more months to play 3D versions of N64 games that I mostl likely already own and have played through multiple times.

Well, it's $249 in the US, and for me it's

E: I'm getting it day one since -

1. I want some of the Launch Window (as opposed to Launch day) games

2. No way this price is going to change within the Launch Window period

3. This way I make sure that when I want it a month or so later it is not going to be sold out.

4. In the mean time I have the Augmented Reality games, the demos and the 3d camera to play with, not to mention 999 and probably Pokemon B/W that I am going to buy for this (I don't have a DS).

 

Worst case scenario - it is not sold out and it is possible to get it somewhere for $239 between end March and June. Even in that case what have I gained by not making it day 1? Nothing much except delay starting to play with it.

huge ditto.  only launch game which i found out is not a luanch game in america i want is professor layton

so i'll be waiting for the launch window games to come out.

and same reasoning, by the time these games come out there is ZERO chance price will be lower, and BIG chance that finding a 3DS may be hard if not impossible.  

I'm sure for a while i'll just be playign my ds games on this, while looking at demoes and stuf and showing others demoes.  i am 100% sure that i will not regret this purchase, and like i said by the time there is amazing games and enough of them to make some think a purchase is warranted i guarantee you that hte price is still $250


I third this motion. 

Nothing lost from getting it day 1 since year one I know the price wouldn't/shouldn't drop and there will be games I really enjoy on it.

Other reasons for getting it would be things like a portable version of Super Street Fighter IV (if you try to bring up the iPhone game I might stab you since it doesn't even have buttons), some portable versions of N64 games I enjoyed VERY much with a lot of enhancements made to them, fingers crossed that Star Fox 64 3D has an online mode, and then you have games that should release in its first year like Kingdom Hearts, MGS3 (also a portable version of the PS2 game which you won't find elsewhere), and RE Revelations, and if you haven't noticed I've yet to even mention the first party outside of the ports and there's going to be good first party backing as well... soooo preordering and making sure the same situation that happened with me and my Wii doesn't happen again... or don't and miss out on games I wanted to play.



MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000