Quantcast
The Official NPD Dec 2010 Thread (Nov 28-Jan 1, data at 6:30 PM ET)

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official NPD Dec 2010 Thread (Nov 28-Jan 1, data at 6:30 PM ET)

CGI-Quality said:
Killiana1a said:

As for you, here is what you said in the same thread:

A PS4 release is at the very least, 2 years away. Also, "the age of shooters" is irrelevant, because if it weren't, previous PlayStation franchises with iterations this gen would have been heavily affected. Well, God of War & Metal Gear Solid had no problems, I doubt Sony's biggest franchise will have problems. It will likely clear 10 - 11 million without too much hassle, but not outsell GT3.

-CGI-Quality, "Gran Turismo 5 will fail to sell..." http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=117968&page=3

I don't want to get this thread anymore off-track than it is already, but neither of us is in the right. I trolled GT5 because of the Jesus level hype it was receiving. It was deserving to be trolled. I will do the same for Gears of War 3 because I am deeply unsatisfied with the series after Gears of War.

So yes, I admit to low-balling and trolling. Furthermore, I am going to equal opportunity troll Gears of War 3 once it's hype train starts. Hold me to this because I want to be "consistent" as you said.

As for the others saying I was "PWNED," do your homework and bring a pencil to class before laughing at other's mishaps. All of us have been wrong and will be wrong again. I did not ask for this, but I deserved like I will deserve it if I am wrong in my Gears of War 3 predictions.

I would suggest finding some place in that thread where I wasn't consistent if it's to compare to what you have displayed. You admit to trolling and then in the same post want to be pardoned. Doesn't matter if you suddenly want to appear fair in your thoughts now, you weren't where you were quoted, and you weren't in the thread I pulled up. Between that thread and now, you contradicted yourself. Not a big deal, but it does put things in perspective.

I have no problem discussing it with you reasonably, as you mentioned to Alby, but don't come off in a manner that you don't want laid back upon you. I'm not saying everyone chanting "PWNED" is right/reasonable either, but understand that there were places in that past thread where you switched up and wanted to come off as fair (from previous posts in there), but now you've switched right back in here:

"I could go on a rant calling out those who hyped Gran Turismo 5, but my honor prevents me from doing so. Instead, it's measly 500k in December 2010 will just make me chuckle smugly at how right many others and I, who tried to temper the Gran Turismo 5 hype train, were. If you cannot top 1 million in December, then those legs must be pretty damn short".

That is why you were quoted. There was a lack of consistency between our last conversation and now.

There is always a lack of consistency no matter what type of faux "honor" individuals hold themsevles to for "consistency." I would rather be a hypocrite and own up to it than be some knight on the forums who is "consistent," yet can never own up to his or her mistakes or apologize when he/she is wrong.

I hate to sound so narcissitic, but when my past inconsistencies get brought up I have to address them :)



Around the Network
Killiana1a said:

There is always a lack of consistency no matter what type of faux "honor" individuals hold themsevles to for "consistency." I would rather be a hypocrite and own up to it than be some knight on the forums who is "consistent," yet can never own up to his or her mistakes or apologize when he/she is wrong.

I hate to sound so narcissitic, but when my past inconsistencies get brought up I have to address them :)

The last bit, I don't disagree with, but your intial aura in here didn't reflect those words. Regardless, you seem like a decent enough guy, so I'll leave it at a simple "fair enough".



                                                                                                                                            

Well, that was... not unexpected. If there are worldwide adjustments, my 2010 year end numbers may not have been too far off anyways. Last post holiday season we saw some pretty big adjustments as well, always surprises me how people seem to forget this.



End of 2016 hardware sales:

Wii U: 15 million. PS4: 54 million. One: 30 million. 3DS: 64.8 million. PSVita: 15.2 million.

Mummelmann said:

Well, that was... not unexpected. If there are worldwide adjustments, my 2010 year end numbers may not have been too far off anyways. Last post holiday season we saw some pretty big adjustments as well, always surprises me how people seem to forget this.


So you expect Wii to be overtracked by 2.2M?



Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Nintendogamer said:
Mummelmann said:

Well, that was... not unexpected. If there are worldwide adjustments, my 2010 year end numbers may not have been too far off anyways. Last post holiday season we saw some pretty big adjustments as well, always surprises me how people seem to forget this.


So you expect Wii to be overtracked by 2.2M?


No, not quite that much but I expect my year end prediction to be a lot closer than both the user average and that of the Vgchartz analyst team. Most people predicted either flat from 2009, slightly up or slightly down (around 19-20 million). If it is overtracked by 1 million worldwide, I'll still be a lot closer (18.2 total) than most.



End of 2016 hardware sales:

Wii U: 15 million. PS4: 54 million. One: 30 million. 3DS: 64.8 million. PSVita: 15.2 million.

Around the Network

New December NPD info (from Gametrailers' Invisible Walls)

Top 30 breakdown: 13 wii games, 8 X360 games, 5 PS3, 4 DS.

9 of the top 20 are wii games.

2 Kinect games in the top 10.

Only 3 PSP games in the top... 200.

God of War: Ghost of Sparta: Around 100k-150k in 2 months.

No Move games in the top 30

Udraw: More than 600,000

Super Mario All Stars: half a million

Just Dance 2 did 2m.

Hardware