Quantcast
I feel so useless

Forums - General Discussion - I feel so useless

it's just everything i touch seems to fall apart, well job wise, used to be a programmer and ever since i left it changed me as a person, now i start up a simple job and can't even do it right, i just don't know what to do, atleast before i knew what i was good at now i feel like im good at nothing....

i even had a panic attack today where i couldn't even breathe, could not even figure out what was wrong with me, as i have never had any health problems before

any wise non mean advice, and i'm not looking for attention just some friendly advice



it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network

You can always see a psychiatrist about your problems. It may seem like you are good at nothing, but everyone is. Just keep searching and you will find it. I too have been having trouble deciding what to do (college freshman). Right now i'm actually trying out programming (small world). Either way, just keep looking.  You will find what else you are good at. Oh, and why did you quit programming? 



radiantshadow92 said:

You can always see a psychiatrist about your problems. It may seem like you are good at nothing, but everyone is. Just keep searching and you will find it. I too have been having trouble deciding what to do (college freshman). Right now i'm actually trying out programming (small world). Either way, just keep looking.  You will find what else you are good at. Oh, and why did you quit programming? 


because my work treated all the workers like **** basically i had enough after two years, basically it was all dog eat dog and it really turned me into the most miserable person ever, at least now i am happier just less focused lol.

anyway thanks



it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

I suggest finding someone to talk to. Someone friendly, sympathetic, but balanced and clever enough to let you talk freely, and to provide advice if its needed. Perhaps this is a professional, perhaps it's a friend, perhaps it's family, perhaps it's someone else. The simple act of talking out problems can help a great deal for many reasons. Keeping problems within is rarely worthwhile, and can cause new issues.



Hapimeses said:

I suggest finding someone to talk to. Someone friendly, sympathetic, but balanced and clever enough to let you talk freely, and to provide advice if its needed. Perhaps this is a professional, perhaps it's a friend, perhaps it's family, perhaps it's someone else. The simple act of talking out problems can help a great deal for many reasons. Keeping problems within is rarely worthwhile, and can cause new issues.

hey... we can support her! we are the loving vgchartz family!



 

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Don't do that; For starters, being a programmer is NOT an easy job. You are smart and have analytic skills other people lack. I wouldn't be too bumped if I were rejected as a PR Manager, I shiver talking to more than 2 persons at a time! One can't be good at everything! (well, very few can, but that's another story)

Also, as others said, talk to a professional; going to a therapist doesn't mean you're going nuts, it actually helps. My sister had issues where she thought she was sick while she were fine, she tortured herself for over a year until she went to a specialist.

She is a whole other person now.



stop trolling / hating would be a good start. Try to view things in a positve way and don't try to run an ad-campaign for move / against Kinect all by yourself on VGC, N4G or IGN.

I just got a "no" after two job interviews and an online-test in one company. They said my psychological profile they created during the online-test did not match the one for a sales manager.

They showed me pictures of different stick-figures and I had to write stories for them... Apparently my stories proved my lack of skills to consult companies regarding their recruitments. I was mad, but told myself that I don't want to work in a company that judges their staff by freaking stories for stick-figures. Even though I would have earned about 50.000 Euro per year, which is pretty good.

My next interview is this Friday.

Keep your head up and view things from the bright side of life. It sounds so cliche, but it works.

 

 



There once was a great sig here, but it got killed.

A moment of silence would be appreciated.

NiKKoM said:

hey... we can support her! we are the loving vgchartz family!

Ditto on this.

Talk to us!

Just take things one step at a time. Eventually doing one small thing right over and over and over again will lead to a string of successful smaller projects and the big picture will look a whole lot brighter. As DirtyP2002 said above me, it may sound cliche but it got me out of a jobless, friendless, no reason to go on type of rut a few years ago.

I'm still in a huge hole but you just gotta take it one day at a time and hope for the best but prepare for the worst.



Do you have a best friend?

As Hapimeses told you now is the time to let your friends help you. Even your family can help you as well. What you can't do is to stay alone without no one to talk.

By the way, I stopped to work as a programmer as well and this year I started a PhD. So I can continue programming (what I love) without no one to treat me like ****




DirtyP2002 said:

stop trolling / hating would be a good start. Try to view things in a positve way and don't try to run an ad-campaign for move / against Kinect all by yourself on VGC, N4G or IGN.

I just got a "no" after two job interviews and an online-test in one company. They said my psychological profile they created during the online-test did not match the one for a sales manager.

They showed me pictures of different stick-figures and I had to write stories for them... Apparently my stories proved my lack of skills to consult companies regarding their recruitments. I was mad, but told myself that I don't want to work in a company that judges their staff by freaking stories for stick-figures. Even though I would have earned about 50.000 Euro per year, which is pretty good.

My next interview is this Friday.

Keep your head up and view things from the bright side of life. It sounds so cliche, but it works.

 

 


huh what on earth does this have to do with what i do on other sites, also normally i don't really keep my head down, but i am learning to chill out a bit more on here, as for the hating/trolling i really should report you for calling me out for that as all you ever do is track me on n4g, i find it disturbingly abnormal, just remember that sometimes you upset ppl by posting a picture and insinuating it represents worldwide stock of move's, so now i told you how i feel we can move on from that

good luck with your next interview, hope we can move on from past disagree's



it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1