Quantcast
Move Sells Over 4.1 Million Units

Forums - Sales Discussion - Move Sells Over 4.1 Million Units

sony shipped 4.1 million units to retailers microsoft said they sold 2.5 million to customers.  Theres a big difference although the move should outsell kinect 200-400% considering you need 2-4x the controllers.

a good guage of how something is selling is to check software sells.   Sports champion is the top seller yet its nowhere on the chartz?

either its not selling that great or ps3 has a crappy  fanbase beyond fanboyism.  i can see it now tho next week microsoft will they they sold 4 million and sony will say they sold 16 million

geesh just give us the games already.

 

and that was one crappy press release very vague in all aspects.



Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
Zones said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
buzzard said:

Sony has been exposed by engadged then, they are really jealous of Kinect, Sony are such sore losers.


I can't detect if this is sarcasm or not?

Read his other posts, he is not being sarcastic; it's just damage control.

oh lol nvm then


Damage control lol? it's been confirmed this numbers are shipments and Sony refuses to ever disclose actual sold to consumers numbers, I wonder why...

Microsoft and Nintendo seem to have no problems at all to disclose actual sales numbers.



zgamer5 said:
Nsanity said:

Update: There seems to be some confusion as to whether this figure represents the number of Moves actually purchased by consumers or sold to retailers. Though the U.S. press release revealing the sales posted after the jump explicitly says "sold," the Japanese press release mentions "the quantity delivered to the dealer" in a footnote. We've contacted Sony for clarification.


Update 2: A Sony representative explained that the 4.1 million actually represents Move units shipped to stores, adding "While we don't disclose our exact sell-through number, the key is that our retailers continue to ask for more Move units and are taking every unit we can supply them with based on their sales." Which, you know, would have been a cool thing to put in that press release, we think.


no shit sony always reports shipped numbers just like everyone else.


Except Microsoft, who gave "sold through to consumers" numbers for Kinect.  Something Sony said they don't disclose above.  



zgamer5 said:
Nsanity said:

Update: There seems to be some confusion as to whether this figure represents the number of Moves actually purchased by consumers or sold to retailers. Though the U.S. press release revealing the sales posted after the jump explicitly says "sold," the Japanese press release mentions "the quantity delivered to the dealer" in a footnote. We've contacted Sony for clarification.


Update 2: A Sony representative explained that the 4.1 million actually represents Move units shipped to stores, adding "While we don't disclose our exact sell-through number, the key is that our retailers continue to ask for more Move units and are taking every unit we can supply them with based on their sales." Which, you know, would have been a cool thing to put in that press release, we think.


no shit sony always reports shipped numbers just like everyone else.

the difference microsoft said sold to customers with the 2.5 million



Hapimeses said:
nightsurge said:
Cunning_Linguist said:
ethomaz said:

I just read now...

This number is a cumulative number since its release date until November 2010, which does not include sales of stand-alone PlayStation Eye cameras or stand-alone PlayStation Move navigation controllers. That certainly puts those figures into perspective then.

Just bundled Moves??? Just Started Kits??? 4.1m shipped (or sales?) Started Kits in the world???

It's not just GREAT. It's AMAZING.

Way better than I expected.

I read that as bundles and individual move wands

This.  He said no NAVIGATION controller or PS EYE stand-alones were counted, but still every PS Move stand-alone controller and PS Move bundle was counted.  Considering every person who buys the Move will need at least one more PS Move stand-alone controller and up to 3 more, it really makes it pretty hard to interpret.

Nonsense. Sure, some will want more, but not, necessarily, need more. I know two people very happy with just one Move controller (neither is me; I bought two). Don't dilute your very good point (that the numbers are bloody hard to interpret) with untrue statements.

While it is true you can get by with just one for a while, to get the full experience of some games you will need at least 2 Move controllers which is what I meant.  I didn't meant to imply that everyone would feel they needed to buy that second controller as not everyone will feel they need that full dual-Move experience and some will be content with just one Move.



Around the Network
Nsanity said:

Update: There seems to be some confusion as to whether this figure represents the number of Moves actually purchased by consumers or sold to retailers. Though the U.S. press release revealing the sales posted after the jump explicitly says "sold," the Japanese press release mentions "the quantity delivered to the dealer" in a footnote. We've contacted Sony for clarification.


Update 2: A Sony representative explained that the 4.1 million actually represents Move units shipped to stores, adding "While we don't disclose our exact sell-through number, the key is that our retailers continue to ask for more Move units and are taking every unit we can supply them with based on their sales." Which, you know, would have been a cool thing to put in that press release, we think.

Thanks, man.  Above all else, there is VERY strong demand for MOVE, and it seems that SONY had revved up supply to meet demand.  Good job.



OK, the confusion is end.

According to IGN, KINECT is sold to consumers 2.5M in 25 days.

According to so many updates, MOVE is sold to retailers 4.1M till now.

Both are great numbers. Stop fighting, fanboys.



zhao3gold said:

OK, the confusion is end.

According to IGN, KINECT is sold to consumers 2.5M in 25 days.

According to so many updates, MOVE is sold to retailers 4.1M till now.

Both are great numbers. Stop fighting, fanboys.

Very good.  There was absolutely no need to bring Kinect numbers in the fashion it was represented in to this thread.  Both are selling well so all is good.



Kinect will dies soon, it has no games. What future games are coming to Kinect? As for move, Sorcery, LBP2, KZ3, Socom4, etc....



Frank_kc said:

Kinect will dies soon, it has no games. What future games are coming to Kinect? As for move, Sorcery, LBP2, KZ3, Socom4, etc....


I don't think you paid attention to TGS 2010 MS Keynote.