Quantcast
VGC Pokemon Black/White Thread

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGC Pokemon Black/White Thread

Individual Values (IVs) = Numbers 0~31 assigned to each main stat of a pokemon. They are determined when the pokemon is created and can't be changed. Each IV point translates to 1 visible stat point at lv100.

This definition, translate to 1 point per 3 levels.

So, since there are 6 visible stats. Assuming you got 31 IV on all stats, you get a bonus of 186 points.



Around the Network
Galaki said:

Individual Values (IVs) = Numbers 0~31 assigned to each main stat of a pokemon. They are determined when the pokemon is created and can't be changed. Each IV point translates to 1 visible stat point at lv100.

This definition, translate to 1 point per 3 levels.

So, since there are 6 visible stats. Assuming you got 31 IV on all stats, you get a bonus of 186 points.

Hmmm, thing is, I've seen variable effects with IV's . Also, where are you getting that? The info on bulbapedia and Serebii refers that the IV effects on stats values depend on complicated formulas that take in account Base stats, level, EV's and so on. 

That's why Haxorus with different IV's on Attack will see major shifts on the Attack value and Geodudes with different IV's on Speed will see almost no change.






Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

It was from gamefaqs.

I'll just take it that gamefaqs is in the wrong in this case. They lack any complex math equation to back them up :)



Galaki said:

It was from gamefaqs.

I'll just take it that gamefaqs is in the wrong in this case. They lack any complex math equation to back them up :)

Meh, I stopped relying on Gamefaqs after a FFX faq there made me lose almost 30 hours of monster hunting for nothing



Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Does anyone have a Growlithe or Charmander for trade? I have a Mew, Celebie, Entei, Raikou, and Palkia for it. Please message me. Btw I only have Diamond:/



Around the Network
shaqpack609 said:

Does anyone have a Growlithe or Charmander for trade? I have a Mew, Celebie, Entei, Raikou, and Palkia for it. Please message me. Btw I only have Diamond:/

Trades on Black&White can only be made between both games. For Gen IV games you should try to look for the official VGC Pokemon Trading Center thread: 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=73941&page=1#



Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
shaqpack609 said:

Does anyone have a Growlithe or Charmander for trade? I have a Mew, Celebie, Entei, Raikou, and Palkia for it. Please message me. Btw I only have Diamond:/

Trades on Black&White can only be made between both games. For Gen IV games you should try to look for the official VGC Pokemon Trading Center thread: 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=73941&page=1#

Holy shit does that thread still exist? I made it as a one-off to get Spiritomb (since i had no local friends with Pokemon to meet the requirements to get Spiritomb in Pearl), then left it to die. Awesome

Also, DreamWorld and Global Link will launch the 13th as far as North Americans are concerned (possibly for Europe too, not sure)

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=155512



Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
lestatdark said:
shaqpack609 said:

Does anyone have a Growlithe or Charmander for trade? I have a Mew, Celebie, Entei, Raikou, and Palkia for it. Please message me. Btw I only have Diamond:/

Trades on Black&White can only be made between both games. For Gen IV games you should try to look for the official VGC Pokemon Trading Center thread: 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=73941&page=1#

Holy shit does that thread still exist? I made it as a one-off to get Spiritomb (since i had no local friends with Pokemon to meet the requirements to get Spiritomb in Pearl), then left it to die. Awesome

Also, DreamWorld and Global Link will launch the 13th as far as North Americans are concerned (possibly for Europe too, not sure)

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=155512

Ohh I hope it's a worldwide launch, so I can start hunting for a Jolly Moxie Salamence over at the Dream World



Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Picked up an Axew. It was easy enough to sift for Rivalry since Mold Breaker automatically activates in all cases, but i don't find it worthwhile to spend all that time to pick up an Adamant one.

I got Bashful instead...



Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Am I using Krocodile wrong? That thing die so easily and seems to get hit from weaknesses very often. Maybe I got a low IV one :)