Quantcast
KInect starting to sell out online!

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - KInect starting to sell out online!

It is now clear that he "Kinect - with adventures" stnandard package is selling very quickly:

Amazon: sold out... only available through third parties with a hefty markup of between 30£ and 40%.

http://www.amazon.com/Kinect-Sensor-Adventures-Xbox-360/dp/B002BSA298/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1288964934&sr=1-1

Bestbuy sold out.. backorderd - 2 weeks delivery.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Microsoft+-+Kinect+for+Xbox+360/1036858.p?id=1218212157998&skuId=1036858

Walmart: no $149.99 standard kinects left

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=kinect&ic=48_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=0

Toys r us: sold out.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4313430

 

Looking forward to next weeks numbers for this.  Hopefully VGC will give some indication soon of sales progress.



I'm not really here!

Link: Shipment History Since 1995


Around the Network

The baby seals! The baby seals!



Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Im really looking forward to the numbers as well. Still I dont think it will reach 5 million over the holidays like MS has predicted. They should have stuck with their more conservative estimate of 3 million.





dtewi said:

The baby seals! The baby seals!


intelligent... and helpful...  oh, no...I meant, typical and sheeplike.

how about you actually provide some more useful thoughts on the actual sales performance we are witnessing here.

 



I'm not really here!

Link: Shipment History Since 1995


This was expecting, given the advertisment. What I want to see if it is going to generate profit and if it going to sell for a long time, not just now because of it's advertisement.



Above: still the best game of the year.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
dtewi said:

The baby seals! The baby seals!


intelligent... and helpful...  oh, no...I meant, typical and sheeplike.

how about you actually provide some more useful thoughts on the actual sales performance we are witnessing here.

 


Online sources are not a good indicator of actual sales. They could have anywhere from 1 unit in stock to 100,000 units, and you can't know.

And that's eloquently expressed in the meme: "Every time someone uses online stores as an indicator of sales, a baby seal is clubbed somewhere." 



Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Why does the Toys R US site states it's in stock for shipping?



KichiVerde said:

Im really looking forward to the numbers as well. Still I dont think it will reach 5 million over the holidays like MS has predicted. They should have stuck with their more conservative estimate of 3 million.

Because u know better than them how many they are selling.



Beuli2 said:

This was expecting, given the advertisment. What I want to see if it is going to generate profit and if it going to sell for a long time, not just now because of it's advertisement.



Well.. I guess they just can't win in some eyes.



I'm not really here!

Link: Shipment History Since 1995


You should add these to the OP.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10868012

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=78105

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=78104

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bundle-w-Choice-of-Game-Xbox-360/14665155

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-360-250GB-Console-w-Kinect-Bundle/15257687

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-360-4GB-Console-with-Kinect-Bundle/15257686

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-360-4GB-console-Kinect-Bundel-w-Choice-of-2-Games/14971581