Quantcast
Kinect Already Winning Awards around thw World.

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect Already Winning Awards around thw World.

Kinect for Xbox 360, Microsoft, 2010; $149.99; www.xbox.com; ages 6 and up. Requires: Xbox 360.

Imagine a gaming experience where you don't have to hold any controller and what you do with your entire body controls what happens in the game.  Kinect for Xbox 360 does just that!  With a special motion capture sensor that sits in front of your television, Kinect puts all of you at the center of gameplay.  Whether your cresting the white water rapids in Kinect Adventures, kicking the ball down the soccer pitch in Kinect Sports, or kart-racing around a zany course in Kinect Joy Ride, you feel the action as you lean, jump, steer, swing, and engage your entire body in controlling the game.  Our kids testers LOVED Kinect, even if they sacrificed some elements of control that a tradional joystick or pad affords.  This will be a hit for the entire family!

http://nappaawards.parenthood.com/directory/shoppers-showcase/kinect-for-xbox-360.htm

GOLD!



Around the Network
BeLiKeCLuTcH said:

Kinect for Xbox 360, Microsoft, 2010; $149.99; www.xbox.com; ages 6 and up. Requires: Xbox 360.

Imagine a gaming experience where you don't have to hold any controller and what you do with your entire body controls what happens in the game. 

Yes, imagine that.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=118892&page=1



"Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us." -Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (10/2013). Note: RRoD was fixed with the Jasper-revision 3 years after the launch of 360

"People don't pay attention to a lot of the details."-Yusuf Mehdi explaining why Xbone DRM scheme would succeed

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360,”-Don Mattrick

"The region locking of the 3DS wasn't done for profits on games"-MDMAlliance

Sounds great! Got to love all of the good kinect news.



Damnyouall said:
BeLiKeCLuTcH said:

Kinect for Xbox 360, Microsoft, 2010; $149.99; www.xbox.com; ages 6 and up. Requires: Xbox 360.

Imagine a gaming experience where you don't have to hold any controller and what you do with your entire body controls what happens in the game. 

Yes, imagine that.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=118892&page=1

so can sony sue MS for advertising kinect is an new invention?



It's NAPPA...Congratulations on a kiddie award, Kinect...You are now in the league with such greats as....

http://nappaawards.parenthood.com/directory/shoppers-showcase/splatster.html



Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

Around the Network

My son asked me about this last night and then my wife this morning. I wasn't planning on getting it so soon but it looks like it's gonna be Kinect along with the Reach themed 360 for the kids this X-Mas.

Oh wait is this supposed to be a pile on Kinect thread? If so sorry for posting. Am I still in the MS forums?



I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

toadslayer72 said:

My son asked me about this last night and then my wife this morning. I wasn't planning on getting it so soon but it looks like it's gonna be Kinect along with the Reach themed 360 for the kids this X-Mas.


My mom asked me about it the other day. I was so suprised! Seems like ms really have reached everybody with their advertising. My mom happened to see it on one of the morning shows.



thranx said:
toadslayer72 said:

My son asked me about this last night and then my wife this morning. I wasn't planning on getting it so soon but it looks like it's gonna be Kinect along with the Reach themed 360 for the kids this X-Mas.


My mom asked me about it the other day. I was so suprised! Seems like ms really have reached everybody with their advertising. My mom happened to see it on one of the morning shows.

Yeah you can't deny the marketing efforts, MS knows who they are after even if forum fanboys don't seem to.



I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

toadslayer72 said:
thranx said:
toadslayer72 said:

My son asked me about this last night and then my wife this morning. I wasn't planning on getting it so soon but it looks like it's gonna be Kinect along with the Reach themed 360 for the kids this X-Mas.


My mom asked me about it the other day. I was so suprised! Seems like ms really have reached everybody with their advertising. My mom happened to see it on one of the morning shows.

Yeah you can't deny the marketing efforts, MS knows who they are after even if forum fanboys don't seem to.

It's not just marketing, its appeal too.  To say you don't have to use a controller appeals instantly to a ton of non-gamers.  Something that a number of vocal core gamers think is a weakness is actually a strength in the eyes of the larger market.  



BeLiKeCLuTcH said:

Kinect for Xbox 360, Microsoft, 2010; $149.99; www.xbox.com; ages 6 and up. Requires: Xbox 360.

Imagine a gaming experience where you don't have to hold any controller and what you do with your entire body controls what happens in the game.  Kinect for Xbox 360 does just that!  

So does Eye Toy.

 

I don't get this supposed "unique feature" phrases. At least people could make obvious it is able to track 3D, or voice recognition or something more high tech, but instead, they pick up a line known to be used on the Eye Toy marketing 5 years ago....